shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Burnt taste in first use.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/18/2016 2:01:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ilgarn
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
Burnt taste in first use.
Hi Everyone,

I just bought one but it has a taste like it is burned in my first use. why is that? did i do something wrong?

Edited on 5/18/2016 at 2:01 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      5/18/2016 2:32:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10306
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6629
+1 details
Did you put juice directly onto the coil and let it sit for a while?*

Burnt taste sounds like a badly "primed*" coil, or the coil was a dud (bad manufactured)
In a drop top Chevy with the roof wide open, my partners looking at me to see if my eyes open cause I've been drankin and I've Been smokin'
#3 (permalink)      5/18/2016 2:34:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
russotourista
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 320
  • Reviews 183
  • Kudos155
+1 details
always on first filling you need to wait minimum 5 Minutes, because the coil is still dry when it arrive. The liquid needs a certain time to reach every space of your coil. Thats why it is called dry hit, because your wick is dry.
Also when you change to a new coil, never forget to wait at least 5 min after filling it.

Proof that your wick will saturate are the little airbubbles coming out there and goes up in the tank.

Edited on 5/18/2016 at 2:45 AM. Reason:
can i ever reach the number of my Reviews with kudos? lol
#4 (permalink)      5/18/2016 3:07:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ilgarn
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
+1 details
I couldnt use it at all, so i ordered new coils. after I received my new coils, I will change the coil and wait 5 minutes to make after filling it.
Is there anything else I must know for the first use? Do I need to replace the tank too?
#5 (permalink)      5/18/2016 3:21:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
russotourista
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 320
  • Reviews 183
  • Kudos155
+1 details
no; just wait 5 min, thats all, i think you are new to vaping?
when you vape, don't do it like cigarettes, smooth and long hits are better, for flavor and the liquid flow. if you hit to strong, the coil can begin to gurgle because you suck to much liquid in, so you need to find it out just to know, means vape technic. And when fill up, close the airflowholes.

Once you understand, you become fast familiar with that. No big deal, happy vaping ;-)

Edited on 5/18/2016 at 3:45 AM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      5/18/2016 3:29:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
russotourista
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 320
  • Reviews 183
  • Kudos155
+1 details
another advice - don't throw your old used coils away, because, later, when you collected enough experience, it is possible to recoil and wick the used coils again. See some videos on youtube, eventually download it, and you can see, what is possible, means you can save also additional money.
example: buy 20 coils and rewick them later, they last for ages.

Edited on 5/18/2016 at 3:31 AM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      5/18/2016 3:43:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ilgarn
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
+1 details
Yes, I am new to vaping. I smoke regularly but I want to begin to vaping. after I received my first mod I was excited to use it but as i said I couldnt use it at all. I will try to fill and use with your advices when my new coils delivered.
I dont know how to do it but I will collect the old ones for the future as you said.
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will let you know if I used it or not when the coils are delivered to me.
#8 (permalink)      5/18/2016 3:49:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
russotourista
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 320
  • Reviews 183
  • Kudos155
+1 details
Eleaf iJust 2 Full Review

take a look, and you find also videos they help you much how to use, recoil, rewick and so on.

Eleaf IJust 2 Coil Replacement

AnyVape RBA für Atlantis, Melo, iJust 2 u.v.m

RBA means, later, if you want, you can use this to make your own coils. But that is for later, when you are more experienced and have knowledge about ohms law and others, you can learn also from videos.

Edited on 5/18/2016 at 4:10 AM. Reason:
#9 (permalink)      12/12/2016 5:17:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2483
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos4105
ilgarn wrote:

Hi Everyone,I just bought one but it has a taste like it is burned in my first use. why is that? did i do something wrong?

You can also asks somebody else to change and prime the coil for you.

We can't agree on everything.
#10 (permalink)      12/13/2016 12:46:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ilgarn
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
I couldn't use it. I ordered new coils to use it, changed the coil but taste was too bad. used ocb liquids with non-aromatic and with cappucino aroma. so it just sits there and i can't use it.

i smoke marlboro gold for daily use. do you have any liquid to suggest that make me really enjoy vaporing?

Edited on 12/13/2016 at 12:46 AM. Reason: spelling
#11 (permalink)      12/13/2016 8:23:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2483
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos4105
To start with, the eleaf ijust 2 is a great kit. Been using this for the last 6 months practically on a every day basis. Great tank. The first couple of days the battery is a little overpowered and can give a burned taste if you use the 0.3 coils. If you use it, only 1 or 2 seconds. Use the 0.5 ohm coils in the beginning. After a while you can use the 0.3 for 3-4 seconds. For the juice, just buy sone pg, vg and flavoring, go to steam engine and make your juice. Started doing this after 2 weeks. The e juices on the market are or overpriced or taste like s**t. Do some research. After that you can start with a basic rda (easier than rta), an rta and suddenly you will have 15 tanks, 5 mods, 20 batteries. You will be looking at the e-cigarette department of ft more than you are looking at you wife, have subscriptions to all one line vape shops, you will neglect your job and family, spend more money on vape stuff than you make. Yeah you're in heaven now.
We can't agree on everything.