shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Need help, spitting issue
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      11/5/2015 6:57:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kadeth
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Need help, spitting issue
Sup all

So i got this at the start of the week and i was using the .5ohm atomizer with it and it was working fine for well 3 days with no trouble and grate vape, then it started spitting at me (quite a bit of liquid) which i thought was weird. I changed volts and stuff to see if that would help (which it didn't) even tought i was doing it to tight. Then tried the 1.5 atty that was there and that still spits (more so then the .5). Ive spent ages on Google looking for something with no luck.. is there anyone whos been able to fix this? (Ive also tried using the rba as well) i really like the subox but i cant use if it its spitting at me.
Oh and did anyone else get .6ohm and 1.4ohm read out from their atomizer that came with it?
Thanks
#2 (permalink)      11/5/2015 7:05:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18270
+2 details
With the prebuilt coils, there's nothing much you can do to mitigate spitback, other than using an anti spitback drip tip. If you're rebuilding the RBA, there's more latitude, such as increasing the amount of wick in the coil.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#3 (permalink)      11/5/2015 7:09:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pocariboy
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 1952
  • Reviews 323
  • Kudos655
+1 details
I experienced the same problem. Only thing I could do with those pre-built coils was either throw them in the trash or use my 53mm drip tip.

I think if you build the coil yourself, you'll find it to be much better. Atleast I did.
#4 (permalink)      11/5/2015 7:20:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kadeth
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
Damn fair enough, guess ill try an anti spit tip lol (i think they look a little funny and they just collect the juice before it hits your mouth) but still worth a shot.
Oh true im new to rba so ill have to play around with it i guess to get the right amount of wick i guess. I havent gotten any coils yet to rebuild besides the ones that came with the kit. That will be on my list of things to get next :) being in aus doesnt help to much either, not much in terms of vaping down here lol
Thanks for the help n fast replies guys.
#5 (permalink)      11/5/2015 7:21:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kadeth
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
I juat thought it was weird that it started spitting after three days of good usage, damn pre built atomizers :/ lol
#6 (permalink)      11/7/2015 10:17:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SecretPocket
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 36
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos81

#7 (permalink)      11/7/2015 10:22:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hartoled
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 13576
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos10970
No more spitting:
KF4 Leaking? For a more secure seal, replace the o-ring #16 with one that is 1.5mm cross section. SKU 1536606 or SKU 1536607
#8 (permalink)      11/8/2015 5:36:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kadeth
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Thanks for the vid.. ive tried the mesh unter the drip tip but the liquid does collect after a but and drips back down.. not the kf4 i dont have one, its the subtank mini that's giving me some issue's
#9 (permalink)      11/8/2015 6:19:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
martinc
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 6145
  • Reviews 273
  • Kudos3554
The subtanks coils spits when new,stops the spitting with a bit of usage...always been like that

Mine is retired.
non nobis, Domine, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
#10 (permalink)      11/8/2015 7:02:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MitchL
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3935
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2466
Hmmmm? Sounds like how I have been clearing flooded tanks for a very long time! I wonder where he got the idea from? Do ya think he reads our posts?
#11 (permalink)      11/8/2015 7:07:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MitchL
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3935
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2466
Kadeth wrote:

Sup allSo i got this at the start of the week and i was using the .5ohm atomizer with it and it was working fine for well 3 days with no trouble and grate vape, then it started spitting at me (quite a bit of liquid) which i thought was weird. I changed volts and stuff to see if that would help (which it didn't) even tought i was doing it to tight. Then tried the 1.5 atty that was there and that still spits (more so then the .5). Ive spent ages on Google looking for something with no luck.. is there anyone whos been able to fix this? (Ive also tried using the rba as well) i really like the subox but i cant use if it its spitting at me.Oh and did anyone else get .6ohm and 1.4ohm read out from their atomizer that came with it? Thanks

Did you change to a higher PG juice? That can cause flooding if it is not wicked for it! Regardless, the wick should be tight within the coil to prevent popping and spitting in the RBA+ when you start using it.