shopping cart empty
Broken cable/ replacement cable
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/25/2015 12:05:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Opikanoba
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 111
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos56
+1 details
Broken cable/ replacement cable
I recently received this charger but when i tried it the cable seemed to some internal fracture.
This means there is a bad connection and results in loosing power now and then.

Does anyone know if these kind of cables are sold anywhere loose?
(i am offered a $3 refund for the cable but i doubt it's sold seperatly anywhere thats why i ask)

Thank you in advance.

Opikanoba marked this question as answered on 7/25/2015 at 5:51 AM
Answer
jenny
Staff
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3277
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos3680
Hello, Opikanoba. We feel sorry to hear about this issue. You don't have to find the replacement cable by yourself if it is so inconvenience.

We have a supplier which could provide us the authentic cable separately, service staff will arrange a replacement for it and send an email to notify you in a few minutes.

Thank you for your understanding.
I apologize in advance if my answers aren't specific enough-- in most cases I can't provide order specific help in forums. For more personalized answers, please open a support ticket instead. Thanks!
#2 (permalink)      7/25/2015 12:38:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flambo
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2913
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos1181
Opikanoba wrote:

I recently received this charger but when i tried it the cable seemed to some internal fracture.This means there is a bad connection and results in loosing power now and then.Does anyone know if these kind of cables are sold anywhere loose?(i am offered a $3 refund for the cable but i doubt it's sold seperatly anywhere thats why i ask)Thank you in advance.

Standard micro usb cable- available everywhere-
am surprised u don't have half a dozen already-
I think they breed like cheap coathangers in a dark wardrobe.

Thanks for ur post- I didn't check the cable worked & the box was badly crushed.

$3 seems fair to me.

Edited on 7/25/2015 at 12:39 AM. Reason:
noob forever
#3 (permalink)      7/25/2015 12:41:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Opikanoba
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 111
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos56
no no this isnt micro usb (look at the input on pic 5), that is the plug that i cannot find (with usb on the other end).

Edited on 7/25/2015 at 12:42 AM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      7/25/2015 12:46:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
L_Rieder
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1604
  • Reviews 156
  • Kudos1019
+1 details
Not positive, but the cable shown in one of the pictures looks like one that is used for headphones or earbuds - I believe they're 3.5 mm jacks, or something of that nature. Shouldn't have a problem finding one if that's the case.
#5 (permalink)      7/25/2015 12:47:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flambo
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2913
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos1181
Opikanoba wrote:

no no this isnt micro usb (look at the input on pic 5), that is the plug that i cannot find (with usb on the other end).

Sorry-
I bought the one slot & assumed it was the same.

Update: $3- no idea- seems low, especially cos u'll prolly have to chase it up.

noob forever
#6 (permalink)      7/25/2015 12:52:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Opikanoba
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 111
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos56
I will make a photo of the plug and place it in the opening post(it isnt a headphone plug either).

The thing is that this cable was broken like this the moment i received this charger 2 weeks ago.
I made a ticket right away and i was told they would send me a new cable.
But now 2 weeks later i am told they cannot provide it and they offer me $3 if i buy one myself.
If this cable isn't sold seperatly or cannot be replaced i think it is fair to say this item is a DOA.
So here i am asking you people if you know more about this cable just to make sure i am not wrong.

Edited on 7/25/2015 at 1:17 AM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      7/25/2015 1:38:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18270
+1 details
You could make one pretty easily, or use a multi charger, though that's not an elegant solution. Don't accept the three bucks, and DEMAND that FT send you a new cable.

I'm very anti micro USB on devices like tablets and phones, as I always seem to lose connection over time with them. However, this old school connector may be more reliable, but it's a backwards step these days. It's about the only thing I don't like about the VC4.

If your connection issues manifest as reduction in operating amperage, it could be your charger. I was using mine with a four port adaptor that was marked with two 2.4A sockets, and two 1A sockets. It was also claimed to push 6.8A, so you could use all ports at the same time. However, my Xtar was only getting low charge according to the screen, and when I attached a USB inline meter between it and one 2.4A port, it was only drawing 500mAh. I invested in a 16.8A seven port supply, and now it works fine with an iPad, second charger, two Nexus 7s, a powerbank, and an iPhone charging at the same time. Not cheap (£30), but the ability to charge a Victoria class diesel electric submarine with the thing is a bonus ;-)
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#8 (permalink)      7/25/2015 1:41:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18270
Just as an aside, Xtar are pretty good when it comes to spares. If you do need an additional one AFTER FT HAVE SENT YOU THE ONE THEY CLEARLY OWE YOU, then drop them a line.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#9 (permalink)      7/25/2015 2:29:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
jenny
Staff
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3277
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos3680
+2 details
Hello, Opikanoba. We feel sorry to hear about this issue. You don't have to find the replacement cable by yourself if it is so inconvenience.

We have a supplier which could provide us the authentic cable separately, service staff will arrange a replacement for it and send an email to notify you in a few minutes.

Thank you for your understanding.
I apologize in advance if my answers aren't specific enough-- in most cases I can't provide order specific help in forums. For more personalized answers, please open a support ticket instead. Thanks!
#10 (permalink)      7/25/2015 2:30:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sossij
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5882
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5956
+1 details
It's just a USB to barrel cable - Available pretty much anywhere, especially on popular auction sites.

You will need to check that the barrel plug is the right size, both the inside and outside diameters.

Expect to pay a few dollars.
"You quit cigarettes, you started vaping, and now you're Einstein"
#11 (permalink)      7/25/2015 2:33:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18270
Nice work Jenny ;-)