shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

An Opinion from someone who bought it ?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      4/19/2015 3:35:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sekel
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 78
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos17
Hubatola, just a question.. how do you mean by hot bath clean exactly? did you boil it?
#22 (permalink)      4/19/2015 4:09:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hubatola
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 26
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos20
Sekel wrote:

Hubatola, just a question.. how do you mean by hot bath clean exactly? did you boil it?

Not a bath, just ran it under hot water.

#23 (permalink)      4/19/2015 5:10:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sekel
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 78
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos17
+1 details
Ok final question ^^ HOpe I get mine soon.

If you look at the picture here http://i.imgur.com/0LT3VwC.jpg whats that sharp metal thingy sticking out to to the right? right above the insulator.

Edited on 4/19/2015 at 5:10 PM. Reason:
#24 (permalink)      4/19/2015 5:38:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hubatola
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 26
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos20
+1 details
Sekel wrote:

Ok final question ^^ HOpe I get mine soon.

If you look at the picture here http://i.imgur.com/0LT3VwC.jpg whats that sharp metal thingy sticking out to to the right?

I just noticed that now that you pointed it out - good eye! On rechecking - that is a metal lip, or burr I guess. As mentioned the machining is far from perfect on the base. But, I don't believe it will affect the performance at all.

I am going to do a build on it tomorrow if I have time. Will let you know how it goes.

#25 (permalink)      4/21/2015 2:37:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jansen
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 77
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos139
I received this one last weekend, and I can't screw the RBA coil tight. It just spins at the end. Can't use it either because it doesn't make contact.
Follow me on Instagram! @dutchvaper
#26 (permalink)      4/22/2015 2:21:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DragonUS
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 682
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos278
+1 details
Just received. Looks and feels authentic. There are sharp edges at the metal edges of tank frame though, I just quickly sand off and fine now.

RBA deck looks good and screws nicely into base and make contact, tested with readings correctly.

Leaving it to soak before reviewing later.
#27 (permalink)      4/22/2015 11:47:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DragonUS
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 682
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos278
+2 details
First impressions after trying out the 0.5/1.2 ohm coils and rebuilding the RBA.

This tank needs a thorough washing/clean/hot bath to get rid of machine oil. Once done, you're in vaping heaven.

Love the RBA deck, the way it allows you to secure the coils with ease is lovely. Best design so far IMO. The slots besides the screw allow you to lock the coils and definitely reduce chances of damaging the screw heads. Once secured, you can easily twist to break off the coil, brilliant. (Not forgetting the Magic Blue screwdriver fits the screw heads perfectly, LOL.)

Prefer using the RBA as it is gives noticeably more airflow..

Drip tip fitment appears too tight initially. But once you lube it with e-juice and slot in, it becomes unmovable and sturdy like a rock, lol.

Cons depend on expectations. This is no RDA due to chamber and tube constraints, so it'll give a warmer vape with occasionally spit back at higher wattages.

The flavour is amazing and best vaped between 15 to 25W for a more enjoyable experience.

Overall, a value for money, highly versatile & excellent RTA.

Looking forward to future design with better cooling and reduction of spit backs.
#28 (permalink)      4/22/2015 5:26:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sekel
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 78
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos17
Got mine today. RBA base screws on fine. No machining burrs on it. So far its exactly like the authentic.
#29 (permalink)      4/22/2015 5:37:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7839
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11720
Jansen wrote:

I received this one last weekend, and I can't screw the RBA coil tight. It just spins at the end. Can't use it either because it doesn't make contact.

You should fill out a ticket. Sounds like a defective unit

unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment
#30 (permalink)      4/23/2015 11:30:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kg1987
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos6
+1 details
UK users - I ordered two spare RBA sections from myepack, they fit as they should and no more spinning.

Still not sure its worth submitting a ticket unless FT finally start to stock them, then i'll happily exchange the faulty one

Edited on 4/23/2015 at 11:30 AM. Reason:
#31 (permalink)      4/25/2015 4:41:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
jayber
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos3
The 510 threads on mine are too thin and won't screw tight on my Hana as it keeps coming loose and not making a good negative connection.