Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

connector?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools


Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      3/22/2015 3:41:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
g0nadz
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 211
  • Reviews 182
  • Kudos39
Could a PS2 be connected to this?
#12 (permalink)      3/22/2015 6:37:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
JohnBonOne
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 103
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos34
Gonna have a little screen door 🚪 with pulling out more than the smallish lcd pass through screen can handle.
But should be able to get a 60 inch image in high definition easily.
Fantastic price for a small projector, lamp will be Halogen cheap to replace from any home depo. But this unit will 🏃 run hot, with a noisy fan.
I've been using projector's over twenty years, had lcd big and small. Currently I've a dlp 600 dollar unit.
Yeah it's technical HD, but the resolution 480*330 is the count of the 2sq inch pass through, it'll run at 1080, but will show any sharp and faster movement poorly.
All that said, a fantastic budget starter projector,
Ps2 and any of the last 2 generations of console, dvd 📀 b'ray.
Used with a small amp you'll be fine.
Life? Don't talk to me about life!
#13 (permalink)      3/22/2015 7:02:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
g0nadz
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 211
  • Reviews 182
  • Kudos39
Do I need a converter for PS2?
#14 (permalink)      3/22/2015 7:40:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
JohnBonOne
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 103
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos34
g0nadz wrote:

Do I need a converter for PS2?



If you only have the av leads red, white and yellow leads for standard definition, then you'll be all set.

Life? Don't talk to me about life!
#15 (permalink)      3/22/2015 8:27:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TechnoVaper
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 322
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos192
Just be aware that this projector has such a low resolution that if you make the image 1 meter or 40 inches diagonally you will have about 14 DPI. You will be able to see each pixel from a couple of meters away.

On a side note it will fun fairly cool compared to other projectors as it uses LED lights, however unless you are in an absolutely dark environment you will not be able to see the image. You will probably end up regretting this purchase if you plan to play modern games on it on a large screen or watch HD movies like a home cinema as viewing movies much larger than about 40 inches will create a screen door effect on the image.
#16 (permalink)      3/22/2015 9:34:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
g0nadz
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 211
  • Reviews 182
  • Kudos39
JohnBonOne wrote:

g0nadz wrote:
Do I need a converter for PS2?

If you only have the av leads red, white and yellow leads for standard definition, then you'll be all set.



Where would I plug the red/white/yellow in this device? :/ Sorry, I'm new to projectors...


TechnoVaper wrote:

Just be aware that this projector has such a low resolution that if you make the image 1 meter or 40 inches diagonally you will have about 14 DPI. You will be able to see each pixel from a couple of meters away.

On a side note it will fun fairly cool compared to other projectors as it uses LED lights, however unless you are in an absolutely dark environment you will not be able to see the image. You will probably end up regretting this purchase if you plan to play modern games on it on a large screen or watch HD movies like a home cinema as viewing movies much larger than about 40 inches will create a screen door effect on the image.



Sounds like I should pass on this idea then :( Can get fairly OK projectors here used for around $100 but they are big and bulky...

The thing is that I have a PS2 but no TV (we don't watch TV). Our appartment is not that big so I'm searching for an alternative that would be small and pretty portable... (without having to buy a TV! :D )

#17 (permalink)      3/22/2015 9:55:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
nerfologist
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 5484
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos7128
gonadz wrote:

Where would I plug the red/white/yellow in this device?


Plug the leads into the connector in picture 7, next to remote. Plug that connector into AV socket shown in picture 4.

Loud and proud member of the FT EW Club. #EWindahouse - NEW ACHIEVEMENT AWARDED - Entitled Noob. Yayyyy. :D
#18 (permalink)      3/22/2015 11:19:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TechnoVaper
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 322
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos192
You would be much better off getting a decent used projector that has at least 1024 x 286 resolution. Although it will cost more the result will be much better.

If you are only planning to use if for a PS2 and in a dark room. this projector will be fine if low quality. However it has to be dark and the screen projected size will not be that large.
#19 (permalink)      3/22/2015 1:11:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
g0nadz
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 211
  • Reviews 182
  • Kudos39
nerfologist wrote:

gonadz wrote:
Where would I plug the red/white/yellow in this device?
Plug the leads into the connector in picture 7, next to remote. Plug that connector into AV socket shown in picture 4.



Aaah, sorry, my bad. Missed the connector there. Need to pay more attention to detail...

#20 (permalink)      3/22/2015 1:15:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
g0nadz
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 211
  • Reviews 182
  • Kudos39
TechnoVaper wrote:

You would be much better off getting a decent used projector that has at least 1024 x 286 resolution. Although it will cost more the result will be much better.

If you are only planning to use if for a PS2 and in a dark room. this projector will be fine if low quality. However it has to be dark and the screen projected size will not be that large.



I'm not looking for very large size, do you think it can do something like 30"/1m diagonal in a darkened room?

#21 (permalink)      3/22/2015 2:37:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TechnoVaper
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 322
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos192
It really depends on your needs and expectations, it will work but the quality of the picture will be bad. If you want better quality and are willing to spend the money I would recommend a second hand decent projector. However do remember that the initial cost of a second hand projector will probably be followed by the additional cost of a replacment bulb in the near future.