Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Are any of these "mini" projectors really any good?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/20/2015 7:39:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JoeChrist34
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 55
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos19
Are any of these "mini" projectors really any good?
I've been wondering about this for a while now as I been seeing them on many sites like this one. Anybody actually have one? I'm a huge film fan and wouldn't mind getting one for say older black and white films and stuff. But this one here even goes as far to say that it projects in 1080p? If that's really so, how is it so cheap compared to other home movie projectors from the big sites like Amazon and Newegg which go for hundreds and even thousands of dollars? I'm really baffled by this and wonder if these could really even project in 1080p for films like Gaurdians of the Galaxy or Blade Runner and such? And if not, if it could even project old films from the 40's and 50's properly? Because if that's the case I would think it's still a pretty good investment... If anybody got any insight on any of this, your replies would be appreciated! Thanks

Joe.
#2 (permalink)      3/20/2015 7:43:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
CleanAir
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 1726
  • Reviews 86
  • Kudos811
+1 details
You really have to ask? Look at the resolution! 1080p compatible is not the same as capable.
Just think for one second: 320px against 1080px - simplistic but basically right.

Edited on 3/20/2015 at 7:48 AM. Reason:
Your language is a reflection of you. Than=compare; then=next: duel=fight; dual=twin; bought=buy; brought=bring. Sentences don't always start with so! The word is "you".
#3 (permalink)      3/20/2015 7:48:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JoeChrist34
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 55
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos19
+1 details
Hahaha there goes one answer. I guess I did expect that. It's just that I haven't been able to find much feedback on any of them and was being a little hopeful.

Edited on 3/20/2015 at 7:50 AM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      3/20/2015 7:51:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
CleanAir
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 1726
  • Reviews 86
  • Kudos811
+1 details
Projected to 12" and viewed from 20' it'll be just fine. ;-)
Your language is a reflection of you. Than=compare; then=next: duel=fight; dual=twin; bought=buy; brought=bring. Sentences don't always start with so! The word is "you".