shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Discontinued
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/15/2016 2:56:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
quarks
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 5999
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos9088
+1 details
Discontinued
I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago and it has shipped, so it must have been one of the last of the Mohicans.

Jeez, I hope I didn't get floor sweepings like the first one I ordered.

It was a great tank for us old timers, much reviled by the lung sucking clowdy douchbag folks though :)
#2 (permalink)      6/15/2016 9:19:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pondez
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 223
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos203
+2 details
Damm it

This is one hell of a good tank you were lucky to get one of the last .

It would be great if there was some way to know when a SKU is about to be discontinued .

I would have bought 5 of these had i known it was about to be gone for ever .

Enjoy it quarks
#3 (permalink)      6/15/2016 11:32:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KiNmO
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 340
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos139
+1 details
:/ Maybe they are making room for the newer "air" version? I haven't seen any clones of it yet. That would be nice...
#4 (permalink)      6/16/2016 2:06:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Patrick.
Staff
  • JoinedMay 2016
  • Posts 343
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos94
+2 details
Dear all,

Thank you for your interests. However I am sorry to say that this item is unlikely to be back on our list in the future.
#5 (permalink)      6/16/2016 6:13:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
pondez wrote:

It would be great if there was some way to know when a SKU is about to be discontinued

Not an exact science but FT tends to be the last site to carry an item. If you notice others have stop selling something the clock is ticking here.

If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#6 (permalink)      6/16/2016 6:14:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
+1 details
Here's hoping you get a good one quarks.
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#7 (permalink)      6/17/2016 12:48:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
quarks
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 5999
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos9088
+1 details
gph61 wrote:

Here's hoping you get a good one quarks.

It came yesterday, and looks good, though haven't tried it yet. I disassembled and washed all the parts. They are drying now. Only thing I noticed is the air control ring o-ring was broke, but Maybe I can find one that works. It calls for 1X17mm, and I have one, but it looks too small.

This one has a serial number, unlike the first one I bought. It also has no logo, which is fine by me (one does not vape logos). It came in a shabby little hotcig (wooden?) box whereas the first came in a zipper pouch. Neither matters, since that is something that also isn't vaped:) It did come with the spare glass etc., unlike the first which was just a bare atomizer.

I hope it doesn't have any subtle problems I don't see yet.

#8 (permalink)      6/17/2016 1:06:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
That's great. It sounds like you got a normal one this time.

There should be a bag of red spare orings. Sure it's not hidden in the hamster bedding stuff?
#9 (permalink)      6/17/2016 1:17:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
quarks
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 5999
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos9088
gph61 wrote:

That's great. It sounds like you got a normal one this time.

There should be a bag of red spare orings. Sure it's not hidden in the hamster bedding stuff?

Yes, I got the spares. Not sure how good they are. I recall lots of people had problems with the o-ring being too loose or too tight, so may have to tinker with it. God, I hate tiny 1mm o-rings, and this thing's loaded with them.

#10 (permalink)      6/17/2016 1:47:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
I've only changed the one that holds the chamber in place with a red one. Works fine but that's all I know.
#11 (permalink)      6/17/2016 2:47:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
1asdfg
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 642
  • Reviews 93
  • Kudos299
quarks wrote:

This one has a serial number, unlike the first one I bought. It also has no logo, which is fine by me (one does not vape logos). It came in a shabby little hotcig (wooden?)

The hotcig version was a very tight fit, think it was cause of what ever was guarding the firing pin.
In the end who cares, theres a million and 1 parts here to build your own.

I forking hate sigs