shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Has this changed?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      5/4/2016 4:08:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
quarks
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 5999
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos9088
+1 details
gph61 wrote:

Could have maybe mistaken the frosted for plastic. Frosted glass has a different texture to it.

How can you tell? I have the tank sitting in front of me right now. I am loathe to take the glass out because its a bitch fiddling with those tiny (and 2 different sized) o-rings. I scratched on it with a screwdriver pretty hard and didn't leave a big scratch. I think it's glass, but can't be sure. There are some pretty amazing plastics these days.

#12 (permalink)      5/4/2016 5:10:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
+1 details
quarks wrote:

gph61 wrote:
Could have maybe mistaken the frosted for plastic. Frosted glass has a different texture to it.

How can you tell? I have the tank sitting in front of me right now. I am loathe to take the glass out because its a bitch fiddling with those tiny (and 2 different sized) o-rings. I scratched on it with a screwdriver pretty hard and didn't leave a big scratch. I think it's glass, but can't be sure. There are some pretty amazing plastics these days.

You can tell by taping on it with your nail, by how hard it feels when you scratch the edge with your nail, by weight and by looking at the edges. Alternatively you can hit it with a hammer :)

Edited on 5/4/2016 at 5:16 PM. Reason:
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#13 (permalink)      5/4/2016 5:40:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
quarks
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 5999
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos9088
Ouch! would take a month to get a new one if my clear one don't fit. I really think its glass.
#14 (permalink)      5/6/2016 5:59:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Haluk123
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Mine has arrived yesterday and it does not have any logos either, just a serial number.

Also the metal does not look clean and polished like in the pictures posted in reviews but rather a brushed cheap looking metal.

Totally disappointed.

Edited on 5/6/2016 at 7:04 AM. Reason:
#15 (permalink)      5/6/2016 1:35:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
quarks
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 5999
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos9088
Haluk123 wrote:

Mine has arrived yesterday and it does not have any logos either, just a serial number. Also the metal does not look clean and polished like in the pictures posted in reviews but rather a brushed cheap looking metal. Totally disappointed.

I know how you feel. I decided not to order another one. It is always hit or miss here...you just never know what they'll send.

Edit: Haluk, I should add a couple of observations; Mine didn't even have the serial number, but it seems to be well made, and not a clump of shit like you got. I would definitely order another if I thought it would be the same, but I hesitate because I am well versed with their switching to crap on formerly excellent products, keeping same sku and reviews.

Edited on 5/8/2016 at 1:44 PM. Reason: