shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Has this changed?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools Rate This Thread


Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/3/2016 9:05:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
quarks
Member
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 5999
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos9088
+1 details
Has this changed?
I bought it back in Dec last year.
Now I noticed under details: it says PC tank (21.6x30mm)

Is it now a plastic tank? I might buy another so thought I should ask. FT is notorious for switching items while retaining the same sku number and good reviews.
#2 (permalink)      5/4/2016 5:16:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
viking65
Member
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31252
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos61532
+1 details
I think you get one PC tank and one glass tank, PC tank must be the frosted one by looking at pics.

Check this review.

Reviewed on 4/14/2016

Only the plastic tank fit


Guess they got a bad one?


Another review say's spare glass tank and that it fits but doesn't mention if the other is plastic or not.


Here's the review from 4/22/2016

Great MTL atomizer for fair price


So there will be at least one glass tank, the clear one.

Edited on 5/4/2016 at 5:17 AM. Reason:
https://i.imgur.com/OSS6yni.jpg
#3 (permalink)      5/4/2016 12:28:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
quarks
Member
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 5999
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos9088
+1 details
Thanks Viking. That makes sense.
#4 (permalink)      5/4/2016 1:04:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
gph61
Member
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
+1 details
I received one a couple weeks ago. It's still the same other than it's in the Hotcig box rather than a blue zipper pouch.
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#5 (permalink)      5/4/2016 1:09:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
viking65
Member
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31252
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos61532
+1 details
gph61 wrote:

I received one a couple weeks ago. It's still the same other than it's in the Hotcig box rather than a blue zipper pouch.



So does that mean you received 2 glass tanks or 1 glass and 1 PC tank as mentioned in the reviews I linked?


Edited on 5/4/2016 at 1:09 PM. Reason:
https://i.imgur.com/OSS6yni.jpg
#6 (permalink)      5/4/2016 1:11:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
gph61
Member
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
+1 details
viking65 wrote:

gph61 wrote:I received one a couple weeks ago. It's still the same other than it's in the Hotcig box rather than a blue zipper pouch.So does that mean you received 2 glass tanks or 1 glass and 1 PC tank as mentioned in the reviews I linked?

Two glass. Frosted and clear.

If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#7 (permalink)      5/4/2016 1:33:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
viking65
Member
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31252
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos61532
gph61 wrote:

Two glass. Frosted and clear.




Thanks for your reply. ;)


So I wonder why the one link said they got a plastic PC tank?

Perhaps they thought it was plastic and was actually glass, is that possible with the frosted one, to make that mistake?

https://i.imgur.com/OSS6yni.jpg
#8 (permalink)      5/4/2016 2:06:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
quarks
Member
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 5999
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos9088
+1 details
viking65 wrote:

gph61 wrote:
Two glass. Frosted and clear.


Perhaps they thought it was plastic and was actually glass, is that possible with the frosted one, to make that mistake?



Thats what I figured. He might have noticed the frosting and assumed plastic. Mine came with frosted glass (at least I think its glass). I didn't get _any_ spare parts at all. No box either, just the blue zipper case and atomizer. I got them to send the o-rings, but never did get the spare glass, so I bought a spare clear glass. From that review, its just as well though, if the clear glass doesn't fit anyway!

Mine also had no engravings or markings whatsoever, no serial, no logos :) I wonder if it might have been a pre-production sample they had laying around, or just something they found while sweeping the floors. Anyway, it appears to be a one-off. Fortunately, all the internal parts were present, and work well enough.

Oh, it also has the uneven posts many have mentioned.

I guess I'm luckier than some though, because it works and I've been using it for a number of months.

#9 (permalink)      5/4/2016 2:14:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
gph61
Member
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
+2 details
Could have maybe mistaken the frosted for plastic. Frosted glass has a different texture to it.
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#10 (permalink)      5/4/2016 2:29:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
viking65
Member
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31252
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos61532
+2 details
quarks wrote:


Mine also had no engravings or markings whatsoever, no serial, no logos :) I wonder if it might have been a pre-production sample they had laying around, or just something they found while sweeping the floors.



I literally....
when I read that. =D


gph61 wrote:

Could have maybe mistaken the frosted for plastic. Frosted glass has a different texture to it.




Yeah true as I have few frosted glass and plastic tanks myself.

Not to hard to check if glass or PC plastic though, at least for me. lol


Oh well, hopefully it comes as you say with 2 fitting glass tanks. =D





Good luck quarks ;)


Edited on 5/4/2016 at 2:45 PM. Reason:
https://i.imgur.com/OSS6yni.jpg
#11 (permalink)      5/4/2016 4:08:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
quarks
Member
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 5999
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos9088
+1 details
gph61 wrote:

Could have maybe mistaken the frosted for plastic. Frosted glass has a different texture to it.




How can you tell? I have the tank sitting in front of me right now. I am loathe to take the glass out because its a bitch fiddling with those tiny (and 2 different sized) o-rings. I scratched on it with a screwdriver pretty hard and didn't leave a big scratch. I think it's glass, but can't be sure. There are some pretty amazing plastics these days.