shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

messing around with mine today, review with video
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      2/1/2016 8:21:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LuckyLarry
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 1687
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos1196
http://www.smokerstore.de/WebRoot/Store11/Shops/61925514/MediaGallery/TGT2_Manual_HiRes_Final_E.pdf
Your ego could be your greatest enemy.
#12 (permalink)      2/1/2016 8:19:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
fredrikstad wrote:

Is this bell cap only for the hotcig version?

No. As far as I know the bases are all the same. Version 1 or 2.

The only difference I know of is the top cap threads between v1 and v2. You can mix and match tanks if you have v1 and v2 top caps.

Edited on 2/1/2016 at 8:20 PM. Reason:
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#13 (permalink)      2/1/2016 8:31:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
LuckyLarry wrote:

http://www.smokerstore.de/WebRoot/Store11/Shops/61925514/MediaGallery/TGT2_Manual_HiRes_Final_E.pdf

Always good to post that link Larry.

I should probably post my wicking method here because it's not in that pdf and it works best for me. I cut the wick short such that the cut ends of the wick are pressed against the wicking holes. If you looked at it side on the wick would form a shallow W shape from the coil out to the holes. I think it wicks better because the cut ends of the wick are exposed to the tank. The wicks also last a day or 2 longer but I don't know why.

If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#14 (permalink)      2/1/2016 8:43:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
I should add that I use orientated Japanese cotton. Muji or Koh Gen Do.
#15 (permalink)      2/2/2016 3:13:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pondez
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 223
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos203
Thanks for the vid Paul.

@gph61

Very interested in your wicking method.

Could you pls post some pics ?

I cant imagine it not flooding.
#16 (permalink)      2/2/2016 6:52:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
pondez wrote:

Thanks for the vid Paul.

@gph61

Very interested in your wicking method.

Could you pls post some pics ?

I cant imagine it not flooding.

The end result looks the same from the outside as VARIANT B in the pdf Larry posted without the possibility of choking the wick with the chamber cap. I'm using it right now after sitting overnight without flooding. I'll see if I can post some pics in the next few days.

#17 (permalink)      2/4/2016 10:52:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
+2 details
Here's some pics and descriptions:

Look down from the top and cut the wick flush with the chamber cavity in the base. Error proud.

Pinch the wick ends together.

Put the chamber in place.

Gather the wick ends gently with tweezers and position them so that the top of the wick is slightly above where the bottom of the chamber cap will be. Look at it from the outside of the chamber to get a good idea of where the cap will be. You only need a bit of fluff for the chamber cap to seal against. The cap can be dry fitted to check your wick positioning.

Edited on 2/4/2016 at 11:05 PM. Reason:
#18 (permalink)      3/29/2016 3:31:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pondez
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 223
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos203
Wow thanks for taking the time to post the pics gph61 . Have tried it twice and gurgle gurgle.

Will try it few more times. Hope the pics will help some one else.
#19 (permalink)      3/29/2016 8:42:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
No problem pondez. I've been wondering if I didn't provide enough info here, especially on the last step. This is an opportunity to fix that.

I use a 2.5mm ID coil, 26G kanthal, 7.5 wraps. The coil is barely above the air inlet on the deck. Maybe 1mm. I don't think any of that should make a difference but just so you know.

To the last step, once the wick is gathered the ends always need to go down. I use blunt tweezers and push down on the center of the wick a little, between the coil and the chamber wall, to get it close to the right position. After that I use one side of the tweezers flat against the chamber wall to move the ends in to their final position.

For me my initial failures were because I didn't trust it enough to only leave a tiny bit at the top for a seal. I was pinching the wick ends in the chamber hole with the chamber cap and getting dry hits. Once I trusted it it has been working really well. I've been wicking like this since last August and when I re-wick the wick is always clean and only the coil is gunked up.

If you're getting gurgling maybe try leaving the tails a mil longer? Maybe you could make it dry hit at first and work back from there? I'm just guessing because, as I said, my initial failures caused dry hits. If you have any questions feel free to ask.