shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Juice control
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/1/2015 8:53:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SX_Vapor
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 87
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos11
Juice control
May i know if u guys totally tighten the chimney top cap or lightly screw it down? i tend to have dry hits if i fully tighten it down so now i basically just tighten it so that it holds in place, no more dry hits but juice spits. damn...
#2 (permalink)      9/1/2015 9:11:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kkraaj
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 478
  • Reviews 70
  • Kudos422
(Noob here)
I tighten it down all the way and then unwind it a couple of turns. Haven't had spitting or dry burns ( 50% VG), but sometimes when uncrewing the tank for refilling the chimney topcap will stay stuck to the tube on top and unscrew from the chimney.
The only thing I miss about smoking are the lighters. Go figure!
#3 (permalink)      9/1/2015 10:42:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wraithpc
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1470
  • Reviews 228
  • Kudos1927
+2 details
Don't bother putting your wick in the holes, I just leave the tails a little long, fold it into the deck, and block the holes with the wick shoulders, no more issues with leaking, dry hits, none of that nonsense, no trying to adjust flow either. Just works, and much better at that.
#4 (permalink)      9/3/2015 4:11:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SX_Vapor
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 87
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos11
wraithpc wrote:

Don't bother putting your wick in the holes, I just leave the tails a little long, fold it into the deck, and block the holes with the wick shoulders, no more issues with leaking, dry hits, none of that nonsense, no trying to adjust flow either. Just works, and much better at that.

Hmm mine have dry hits again. I tried to trim the cotton that are inserted into the wick shoulders but still no luck. Maybe I will try ur method to fold the wick.

#5 (permalink)      9/3/2015 4:19:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18276
That wicking style is actually suggested by the instructions that comes with the authentic. There's a PDF of the manual in my drop box if you're interested (link in my signature, I think it's in the technical folder).

The most obvious solution is to use less wick. Try wrapping a longer thinner coil if needs be. I know the top cap is described by the manufacturers as 'juice control', but I really don't suggest you use it as such. With the cap unscrewed slightly, the act of screwimg the base on and off throw it out if adjustment, or to unscrew completely. If you have a persistent issue, then open up the juice holes with a file or dremel. FT sell spare chimneys, so it might be worth picking up a spare before you start.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#6 (permalink)      9/3/2015 4:33:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SX_Vapor
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 87
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos11
+1 details
Nymzavril wrote:

That wicking style is actually suggested by the instructions that comes with the authentic. There's a PDF of the manual in my drop box if you're interested (link in my signature, I think it's in the technical folder).

The most obvious solution is to use less wick. Try wrapping a longer thinner coil if needs be. I know the top cap is described by the manufacturers as 'juice control', but I really don't suggest you use it as such. With the cap unscrewed slightly, the act of screwimg the base on and off throw it out if adjustment, or to unscrew completely. If you have a persistent issue, then open up the juice holes with a file or dremel. FT sell spare chimneys, so it might be worth picking up a spare before you start.

Hmm u have ur point regarding the juice control shd be fully tightened. Ok I I'll go check out the manual in ur drop box. Thanks for ur help as my first Taifun is making me mad! Hehe.

#7 (permalink)      9/3/2015 6:07:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18276
Stick with it, as they're awesome atties.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#8 (permalink)      9/3/2015 8:00:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SX_Vapor
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 87
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos11
Nymzavril may I confirm with u if one of the post is slightly longer than the other? The cotton within the chamber always dried up while the ends at the exit hole are wet from my straight tru method. Hmm... So it must be the chamber cap that's blocking juice from entering the chamber tru the cotton. Anyway I did the S bend cotton build and see how it goes. Yeah I know it's a great flavor atty and that's why I got it. Hope this wicking works. If not I would have to go back with my favorite K4. 😜