shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Shorting [SOLVED WITH PICS]
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      9/12/2015 10:33:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7407
  • Reviews 310
  • Kudos4356
daviddwp wrote:

[ ok thanks I'll check it out I know I got my deck tighten down maybe I'll back that off

Just a hair.

Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#12 (permalink)      10/25/2015 6:43:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
u_no_fr
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 21
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos1

I am fed up I meet the same problem with this new item
Just out of the box

In french :
http://www.forum-ecigarette.com/atos-fibre-f1342/gt-t-v2-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer-t167123-450.html#p3852114

http://www.forum-ecigarette.com/atos-fibre-f1342/gt-t-v2-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer-t167123-450.html#p3852211

http://www.forum-ecigarette.com/atos-fibre-f1342/gt-t-v2-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer-t167123-460.html#p3853071

Edited on 10/25/2015 at 6:47 AM. Reason:
#13 (permalink)      10/31/2015 9:30:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7407
  • Reviews 310
  • Kudos4356
+1 details
OK. I ordered another one of these RTAs a little bit ago and have been having problems with jumping ohms and shorting like crazy just like my first one but worse and the first one seems to be OK now. BU t this second one is pretty bad after a couple weeks of use.

I finally figured out the problem and the solution...

The problem is the post at the top side of the "cylinder" under the deck "the part that the positive lead post screws into from the top and the positive 510 screw threads into from the bottom) is a tad too long. As a result, if you put screw the deck into the base even just snug, this threaded post might come in contact with the underside of the deck and cause a short. Problem is, if you don't screw the deck into the base tight enough, you may get ohms jumping.

So you can look at this problem as either the post itself being too tall or the little black oring not being thick enough.

The solutions are...

1. Find a oring that is thicker whereby making the protruding part of the post shorter or

2. shave the post down a hair with a dremmel or file or

3. find another small but very thin oring to put on top of the existing oring whereby making the post shorter.

For now, I chose to go with solution #3, however when I am 100% confident I have solved this issue (I'm only 99.89% sure at the moment), I am going to implement solution # 2.

Here are pics to illustrate my implementation of solution #3. In my case I used a rubber positive pin insulator from a kanger coil.

Edited on 11/1/2015 at 1:59 AM. Reason:
#14 (permalink)      10/31/2015 9:40:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7407
  • Reviews 310
  • Kudos4356
dup post

Edited on 10/31/2015 at 9:40 PM. Reason:
#15 (permalink)      11/1/2015 7:35:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DanTo
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1009
  • Reviews 225
  • Kudos787
After the first disassembly, I was putting 'the cylinder part' wrong side up the whole time. The way that it seems logical to be oriented isn't the right way. One friend noticed that and assembled it the right way. After that there was no 'play' between the parts (I didn't have shorts or jumping ohms ever, 'just' leaking, but not because of this). Everything is just snug and as it was supposed to be, even though it didn't look like it would fit before screwing on.

On the last image I see the white insulator doing nothing, and you put whole new insulator on the other side.

Yup, I just checked on mine, the white insulator goes towards the "location", and the little stem on which you put the o-ring goes to the bottom. The screw of the 510 plus screws into that stem.

At least that's how it fits together on mine. The other way around is very loose.

Edited on 11/1/2015 at 8:01 AM. Reason: typos
#16 (permalink)      11/1/2015 11:37:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7407
  • Reviews 310
  • Kudos4356
This is how both of mine came assembled from the factory. I will try turning it around someday. However the white plastic insulator at the bottom of the "cylinder" fits perfectly into the center whole of the white plastic disc insulator sitting at the bottom of the AFC base.

Edited on 11/1/2015 at 11:58 AM. Reason:
#17 (permalink)      11/1/2015 1:40:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7407
  • Reviews 310
  • Kudos4356
Well, I tried turning the "cylinder" around like you said so that the black oring faces the EFC base, not the under side of the deck. For 2 reasons, you are right that this is the way it is supposed to be (I won't get into those reason right now).

However, that still makes both of my tanks prone to shorting and ohms jumping.

Reason being is that instead of shorting because the "post" on the "cylinder" touches the underside of the deck, it shorts because the "post" goes through the hole in the plastic disc inside the AFC base and touches the bottom if the inside of the AFC base.

Therefore, I still have to use that insulator at the end of the "post".

The best solution for those that have my same problem (which is obviously a manufacturing flaw) would be solution #2 - shave off a tiny pit of the "post" with a file or dremmel.
#18 (permalink)      11/1/2015 3:49:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Alienvape
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 282
  • Reviews 59
  • Kudos138
Nice one for that, I enjoyed the GTS V2..... Not the hotcig one, couldn't work out the problem, ohms jumping. Seems like its a flaw with them. Good find and Thanks again
Calm down, it's only an opinion.....!!!
#19 (permalink)      11/3/2015 5:16:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
u_no_fr
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 21
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos1
vapeluvr wrote:

Well, I tried turning the "cylinder" around like you said so that the black oring faces the EFC base, not the under side of the deck. For 2 reasons, you are right that this is the way it is supposed to be (I won't get into those reason right now).

However, that still makes both of my tanks prone to shorting and ohms jumping.

Reason being is that instead of shorting because the "post" on the "cylinder" touches the underside of the deck, it shorts because the "post" goes through the hole in the plastic disc inside the AFC base and touches the bottom if the inside of the AFC base.

Therefore, I still have to use that insulator at the end of the "post".

The best solution for those that have my same problem (which is obviously a manufacturing flaw) would be solution #2 - shave off a tiny pit of the "post" with a file or dremmel.

Should be like that ??
Are all the pieces are at the right places?
http://www.forum-ecigarette.com/atos-fibre-f1342/gt-t-v2-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer-t167123-460.html#p3853071

I meet the same pb of shorting between the "cylinder" under the deck and the deck itselh.
And I am sure that de screw is not too long.

Edited on 11/3/2015 at 5:17 AM. Reason: