shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Securing coil legs & gasoline taste
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/18/2015 6:36:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7413
  • Reviews 310
  • Kudos4356
Securing coil legs & gasoline taste
I've been using this tank now for about an hour or 2. So far, other than a weird chemical flavor (like gasoline) the only problem I've had was securing the legs of the coil onto the posts. I had to wrap the legs under the screw head about 1/2 of the way because the screw heads are bigger than the posts so it cannot be secured like a subtank where you can just slip it straight under the screw head and tighten down without any wrapping. Kinda wishing this thing has post holes!

Is this how you all are securing your legs to the post. because damn it'sw a pain in the ass given the tight area to work with.

As for the gassy taste, I will have to try washing it again. I swirled and soaked it in vodka for 3 hours then rinsed it off with hot water real good. I took every piece apart. Maybe that wasn't enough???
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#2 (permalink)      8/18/2015 6:45:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18276
1/ Wash it thoroughly.
2/ Rough up the underside of the screws, and the top of the posts to get better grip.
3/ Replace the screws with hex socket head screws - M2 14mm and 21mm
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#3 (permalink)      8/18/2015 6:45:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18276
Oh, and unscrew the deck when you clean it. Hold the posts in once hand, and twist the base to get it apart.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#4 (permalink)      8/18/2015 6:48:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wraithpc
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1470
  • Reviews 228
  • Kudos1927
Are you removing the chimney to build? It just pulls out, and it is pretty much wide open, I've never had any issues with multiple versions of the Taifun, build area couldn't be more open. just wrap the coil leads between the head and the top of the post, hold a little tension screw it down, very simple.

The "gassy" taste is no doubt machine oil, are you removing the deck to make sure you get it good & clean? One of the nice things about this version is the deck unscrews very easily from the base for cleaning/maintenance. Just give it a good once over with some dish soap, hot water, old toothbrush, and a pipe cleaner if you have it.
#5 (permalink)      8/18/2015 6:55:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18276
Yeah, you build your coil, then put the chamber on, then wick, then pull the chamber into position, juice the wick, and screw the top of the chamber on. It is about the easiest deck to build on of any atty.
#6 (permalink)      8/18/2015 6:58:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7413
  • Reviews 310
  • Kudos4356
Nym, I will have to try the roughing up.

As for the taking apart of the tank to clean it. believe me, I too apart every single thing that comes apart, yes, the deck base and even the 510 pin...everything. Will just have to do it again.

And yes, wraithpc, I am taking the Chimney when rebuilding. I'm more or less a newb when it comes to rebuilding and I'm not good at working with small things like that. I'll just have to keep practicing. Will definitely have to try getting the hex screws Nym suggested.

BTW, got mine together with fine, no leaking at all, but do you think they could make the glass orings any thinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????????? lol

Edited on 8/18/2015 at 6:59 PM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      8/18/2015 6:59:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18276
I'd also suggest keeping the coil on your mandrel whilst you build. If you don't have a stand, screw the base onto your meter, and use the mandrel to keep the coil in position as you tighten the posts. You can actually use the torque to tighten the wraps. Repeat on the other side, and then sort of unscrew side to side what should now be a tightly held mandrel after tweaking the orientation, and ensuring the wraps don't touch the posts.
#8 (permalink)      8/18/2015 7:01:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7413
  • Reviews 310
  • Kudos4356
Thanks, I got those things goin' on. But as I said, working with small things in small spaces isn't my forte. But it's better than disposable heads.