shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING
50-pack

Bloody annoying.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      2/25/2016 7:48:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rohin7
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 293
  • Reviews 122
  • Kudos107
Bloody annoying.
These need to be atleast 2-3mm wider to accommodate for the wraps/printouts we decide to put underneath these. They are the same size as all the other (coloured) wraps which is pretty dumb IMO because they're pretty unsafe to use without a layer underneath.

Taken me 2 hours to do 12 wraps which is ridiculous.
#2 (permalink)      2/25/2016 8:14:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inthezone
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 1882
  • Reviews 35
  • Kudos1921
+1 details
rohin7 wrote:

These need to be atleast 2-3mm wider to accommodate for the wraps/printouts we decide to put underneath these. They are the same size as all the other (coloured) wraps which is pretty dumb IMO because they're pretty unsafe to use without a layer underneath.Taken me 2 hours to do 12 wraps which is ridiculous.

I use the clear blue ones (Same wraps), and there is alot of room. If you are wrapping them wider than will go inside of these tubes, there are many applications that you will not be able to put your batteries into.

#3 (permalink)      2/25/2016 8:18:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gotthedrips
  • JoinedJun 2015
  • Posts 3650
  • Reviews 33
  • Kudos8025
If this is the same thing as the roll which im fairly sure it is I have had no problems with them. What r u putting under them? I have some stickers under mine from some e-juice I sometimes order. Theres a few people who use the same stuff look in the DIY thread in the vapers forum here at FT.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who cant!
#4 (permalink)      2/25/2016 9:36:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5562
+1 details
rohin7 wrote:

...they're pretty unsafe to use without a layer underneath.

How so? The batteries come without a layer underneath their heat shrink wrappers in the first place.

#5 (permalink)      2/25/2016 9:53:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SynysterMoritty
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 2748
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos3864
gotthedrips wrote:

I have some stickers under mine from some e-juice I sometimes order.

Is it safe to place a sticker under just to ID which pairs are married? or am i best of using a sharpie directly on the battery?

Edited on 2/25/2016 at 9:53 AM. Reason:
Back from toddlin'
#6 (permalink)      2/25/2016 10:06:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rohin7
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 293
  • Reviews 122
  • Kudos107
First I was having trouble getting the wraps over the pictures + batteries now I can't even get them to fit inside my cuboid :((

@Defmunky
It's unsafe to use these without an layer underneath because it's much harder to tell when your wraps have a small knick or tear in them.

Edited on 2/25/2016 at 10:07 AM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      2/25/2016 10:20:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5562
rohin7 wrote:

It's unsafe to use these without an layer underneath because it's much harder to tell when your wraps have a small knick or tear in them.

While I might not agree I do understand the reasoning behind that. I've been able to see any cracks, tears, or holes in mine with no issues but that's just me. Personally I really just like the clear coated look. lol

Battery compartments are often made with the idea that the battery would just have a wrap and not something underneath or a sticker on top. I use slightly thicker heavy duty clear wraps (could be why damage shows clearly, any cracks are obvious) and my re-wrapped batteries won't fit in my Osmium V2. Normal wrapped batteries barely fit. lol

You might think about just getting some colored wraps for your married sets you use in your Cuboid and be done with it. Maybe even something translucent so you can see any writing underneath if you label your bats.

#8 (permalink)      2/25/2016 10:27:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rohin7
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 293
  • Reviews 122
  • Kudos107
Nope. Not an option my man hahaha. I'm gonna be getting a set of sandpaper tomorrow and make that my evening project! Never give up hope xD

But yeah each to their own I suppose. If you've been using the clear wraps on your batteries for a long time now I don't doubt that you would be able to spot any small tears/knicks and repair them before any real damage is done :)
I guess it's not something I would openly recommend on a forum.. for fear that a newbie could get the wrong impression and go and blow his hand up haha.
#9 (permalink)      2/25/2016 10:39:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChappySinclair
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 4038
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4780
+2 details
you can put your sticker/label on the outside. this isn't rocket science.
#10 (permalink)      2/25/2016 10:51:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SynysterMoritty
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 2748
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos3864
+1 details
ChappySinclair wrote:

Would much rather it covered by the wrap.

Back from toddlin'
#11 (permalink)      2/25/2016 10:53:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5562
+1 details
ChappySinclair wrote:

His wrap is what holds it in place I think. Like something printed and cut out I'm guessing. Plus that wouldn't fix the issue of the battery not fitting.

rohin7 wrote:

I'm gonna be getting a set of sandpaper tomorrow and make that my evening project! Never give up hope xD

lol, sounds like something I would do! :p I was going to actually recommend that until I saw how the Cuboid's batteries were setup. I didn't know how you'd feel about sanding the cage without removing it first... though I would highly suggest removing it first... lol