Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+
5-pack

Snip the tip?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      2/7/2016 9:45:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
snatchula
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 144
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos53
Snip the tip?
Love these bottles, but they're incredibly slow with max-VG. Has anyone tried snipping the tip a bit? Seems like it could leak under the cap if you do, but I might give it a try if nobody else has.
#2 (permalink)      2/7/2016 10:11:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sossij
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5882
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5958
+2 details
They will probably leak, as you suspect. You could get SKU 1567702 to replace the existing tips, but you'd still need the right sort of caps too, the ones with the little nubbin in the top to seal against the nozzle.
"You quit cigarettes, you started vaping, and now you're Einstein"
#3 (permalink)      2/7/2016 10:22:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OlaAmund
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 660
  • Reviews 38
  • Kudos258
+1 details
Sossij wrote:

They will probably leak, as you suspect. You could get SKU 1567702 to replace the existing tips, but you'd still need the right sort of caps too, the ones with the little nubbin in the top to seal against the nozzle.

Those wont fit. The base on these nozzels is 13mm.

Edited on 2/7/2016 at 10:24 AM. Reason: typo
#4 (permalink)      2/7/2016 12:34:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5968
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3873
+1 details

but they're incredibly slow with max-VG

Yep, squished the top right off one getting in a hurry and yes it really made a mess. The lids will strip and split if tightened too tight as well. Treated with kid gloves these are pretty good bottles really.

Always keep your ear to the ground!
#5 (permalink)      2/7/2016 6:18:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
snatchula
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 144
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos53
Right after submitting this post, I figured what the hell - it's just one nozzle, and cut it down to the first crease where it starts to open up. The diameter of the hole didn't change much if at all, but removing the excessive tip made quite a bit of difference in dispensing speed. (Perhaps will post photo when I get back home.) I placed the bottle upside down and let it sit like that overnight. Woke up to NO MESS under the cap; it did not appear to have leaked at all.

A couple things that could lead to different results (all assumptions):

1) Thinner liquid. As I said, this was max-VG, most likely around 20/80. Also, it was nearly freezing cold in the room, so the liquid was extra thick.
2) Throwing the bottle in a bag and carrying it around, with gravity and possibly pressure changes, unintentional squeezing, etc. Mine was just sitting stationery, so that's really only one variable tested.

I'm not going to go cutting all my nozzles by any means, but I might keep a few around like that.
#6 (permalink)      2/16/2016 4:44:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
snatchula
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 144
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos53
Forgotten update:

After returning home from work, there was a bit of leaking under the cap. Wasn't too messy, but it probably could get that way.

I would not advise cutting the tip. If you do max VG and get frustrated with slow-ass drips, just get a different bottle.
#7 (permalink)      2/16/2016 4:46:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27288
+2 details
Stick a hot needle in the tip and widen the hole a bit ;-)
Woah, mama!
#8 (permalink)      2/16/2016 4:48:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
snatchula
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 144
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos53
Ah, didn't think of that! (Which is extra shameful, considering I've actually done that with different bottles.)