shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Why this keeps leaking?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/1/2017 3:47:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
afafqaewfasf
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 5
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Why this keeps leaking?
On first filling it's good. Second filling , flood from the airflow ring after some time. This is #$it.

I tried washing and cleaning everything before refill but same thing. When I put on a new coil it's good for a one tank. The tank after , here we go again. The beautiful sticky juice on your clothes and fingers. How they can even sell this and why is this so highly rated here?
#2 (permalink)      1/1/2017 3:49:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MetisRebel
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 5342
  • Reviews 71
  • Kudos6356
+1 details
Are you sure you're not overfilling it or that something isn't loosening when you refill?

Could those coils be borked?
For The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terriers...
#3 (permalink)      1/1/2017 4:12:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gmm11
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 4811
  • Reviews 178
  • Kudos5833
+1 details
leaking usually happens on the topfill tanks ,to stop it i find a small puff of air befor drawing on them stops it, yours is bottom fill ,used them for months and not had airflow leaks from them, id check the seals and rebuild it
#4 (permalink)      1/1/2017 5:11:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3893
Close the airflow before you re-fill, hth.
#5 (permalink)      1/1/2017 5:30:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nezzy
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 645
  • Reviews 37
  • Kudos361
If it works the first time, then may be you are unscrewing the coil when opening to fill? Perhaps try tightening the coil when you refill. Sometimes the chimney is too tight a fit in the coil.

Also, which coils are you using?
#6 (permalink)      1/1/2017 5:55:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
afafqaewfasf
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 5
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
gmm11 wrote:

leaking usually happens on the topfill tanks ,to stop it i find a small puff of air befor drawing on them stops it, yours is bottom fill ,used them for months and not had airflow leaks from them, id check the seals and rebuild it

I think I read somewhere that puffing in could help but that actually made it worse. Don't think I overfill it because I fill it up the line on the chimney or whatever is it called.

It happens every time I do a refill. I don't touch the coil , I just put it out with the base and let it dry a little . Then I fill the tank and screw everything together. After some time leaking starts. I never let it sit so I don't know but it happens when vaping.

#7 (permalink)      1/1/2017 5:58:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
afafqaewfasf
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 5
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
I'm using premade occ coils 1.2 ohms,authentic.

About the airflow, I can't close it fully . I don't see a setting of the ring where it's closed fully? Also, what difference can that make since I have to unscrew the base with the airflow control ring to fill it?
#8 (permalink)      1/1/2017 7:12:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlbSteve
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 432
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos223
+1 details
The o ring on the top of the coil is not right ( crooked, cut, ect. ). Examine the o ring. The tank is assembled wrong. The steel tube in the middle of the tank is not seated in the top o ring of the coil. Disassemble the tank, reassemble correctly. Lube all o rings, including coil o rings. Good luck
#9 (permalink)      1/1/2017 7:30:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3893
afafqaewfasf wrote:

I'm using premade occ coils 1.2 ohms,authentic.

About the airflow, I can't close it fully . I don't see a setting of the ring where it's closed fully? Also, what difference can that make since I have to unscrew the base with the airflow control ring to fill it?

Sorry mate I thought it was a top fill tank my bad,

In that case I'd say you are getting air in there which would say like others have that a seal isn't seating right or maybe you just aren't tightening it up quite enough, the work on a pressure system to stop the juice escaping, once you tighten it up and flip it over it creates a sort of vacuum, had you been using an rba in it it would most likely be not enough cotton or cotton fouling/sitting over the airflow holes,

Do a full strip down, wash the seals and tank parts and dry them all 100%, re-assemble it and you'll probably find that fixes it, it could be as simple as juice trapped between a seal and tank causing it. hth.

#10 (permalink)      1/2/2017 3:37:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rico300zx
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 1028
  • Reviews 127
  • Kudos282
I have three of these one leaks like a sieve the other two are good every time. the one that has a sliding airflow. The other two click into position.
www.youtube.com/rico300zx (Hand Strength and Weight Lifting in case your interested)
#11 (permalink)      1/2/2017 7:50:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
afafqaewfasf
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 5
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
My clicks. I will try cleaning once again.

It seems that liquid comes between the glass and the metal part that glass goes over.

I don't know. This is my first time trying vaping and I'm really disappointed. Is there something more suitable for MTL that doesn't leak? I'm even ready to rebuild.