shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Base is different compared with US bought ATTY
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      6/17/2015 3:03:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Look30
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 474
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos265
+1 details
I did the Sticker test and Kanger reports it as authentic so I really don't have ay ground to say otherwise.
The one I am comparing it to came from Mt baker , a very reputable US seller and that one checked as authentic also.
My problem is the Thread between base and body (cage) is complete crap , very hard to open and close and squeaks
when turning which is not a good sign.

FT CSR responded already and I am sure they will find a way to fix this issue.
#12 (permalink)      6/17/2015 3:09:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Watercool
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 10481
  • Reviews 307
  • Kudos8039
+2 details
the left one is the new version with the new airflow, the right one is the old version.

The new version is around for 1-2 month, but kanger officially announced it with the SUBOX. They updated the mini silently together with the the "regular" subtank v2.

I had the squeaking too on all of mine (5 subtanks), but it went away and is now butter smooth after around 10 refills!

Edited on 6/17/2015 at 3:11 AM. Reason:
#13 (permalink)      6/17/2015 10:50:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Look30
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 474
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos265
so here is where the FT CSR is getting silly... they ask me to produce a video , uploaded on a third party website showing how difficult is to open the atomiser.
I am located in California so maybe I can get The Rock and Peter Dinklage to demo the atomiser showing how a strong person and a not that strong person can operate the thread :) ... maybe add Betty White for the older feminine customer base...

Read for a good lough :

CSR Vicky .Please let us know if the base can work under this situation? If not, would you mind provide us a video to show the problem as it seems a photo can't help in this case?
Since our ticket system don't support attaching video, please upload it via a third party website first and post the link here.
Note that for company compliance reasons, please include the respective order number, while don't include any reference to FastTech.com or your contact information in the video.
After receiving your video, we will proceed to resolve the case for you soon.
If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know. Thank you

... so my question is what exactly are FT CSR's drinking in the morning and why is Satisfaction Guaranteed "Not happy with a product? Return it to us." not followed without a Hollywood production proving I am not a liar ?!

Edited on 6/17/2015 at 10:51 PM. Reason:
#14 (permalink)      6/17/2015 11:15:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hartoled
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 13576
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos10969
I'd just take the seals out, put some mineral oil and polish compound on the threads and work them a few times. Oh....and give your wife the nice one...Duh.
KF4 Leaking? For a more secure seal, replace the o-ring #16 with one that is 1.5mm cross section. SKU 1536606 or SKU 1536607
#15 (permalink)      6/17/2015 11:20:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Look30
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 474
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos265
Hartoled wrote:

I'd just take the seals out, put some mineral oil and polish compound on the threads and work them a few times. Oh....and give your wife the nice one...Duh.

Yeah , wife took the good one and I am back on the original Subtank 25 mm , looks like sucking on something else when atop of the ProVari.

I have opened a ticket with PayPal and see where is this going next because CSR request is just stupid , if they don't want to honor Warranty and/or Satisfaction policy I will just take my business somewhere else.

I don't have a mechanical shop and not going to open one to fix the atomiser. I chose to pay more and to buy Authentic for a reason.

#16 (permalink)      6/17/2015 11:25:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hartoled
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 13576
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos10969
Skip the PayPal complaint. Haggle with them. *winks*
KF4 Leaking? For a more secure seal, replace the o-ring #16 with one that is 1.5mm cross section. SKU 1536606 or SKU 1536607
#17 (permalink)      6/17/2015 11:34:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MichaelDeLise
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 355
  • Reviews 108
  • Kudos210
Get your wife one of this. It will strengthen her hand and she will be able to unscrew it.
Problem solved! close the ticket.

#18 (permalink)      7/27/2015 10:09:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
SteveLy wrote:

Did the box have a "scratch'n check"? Did you scratch and check it?

They are authentic BUT i bought 2 here.
Maybe this is why I don't care for them but everyone else does?
I find the taste on both of mine muted and yet everyone raves about them
(dont ask why or offer info about how to find it less muted for its been discussed several times and I have tried a few things and just dont like them.
Partner finds them muted as well
)

I am starting to wonder about a few things.

I have purchased 2 Lemo 2s here and 1 at a store here and both here have a fault yet the store version does not.
I am beginning to wonder if some authentics are seconds..

(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#19 (permalink)      7/27/2015 10:11:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
+1 details
L_Rieder wrote:

Could be. I think both my ST and ST mini must be from older stock.

Could be my reason as well as I purchased mine in March

#20 (permalink)      7/27/2015 10:13:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
Hartoled wrote:

Maybe Kanger's machine wore out and they had to buy a new one. That old thing is making a lot of atties, after all.

LOL
That made me laugh..lol

Trying to imagine a million attys being made on just one machine :)

That was cute...gave me a morning giggle

#21 (permalink)      7/27/2015 10:16:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
+2 details
vapinghexe wrote:

Kangertech made so many damn changes to the base over the last months, it is hard to know what is what exactly.

Thinking you have hit the nail on the head and again, maybe why I don't like either of mine but all new buyers LOVE them.

Both of mine from march look like the one on the top LEFT photo, the FT versions