shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

No more dry hits :D
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/21/2015 12:58:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rohin7
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 293
  • Reviews 122
  • Kudos107
+2 details
No more dry hits :D
I drilled both juice holes on my OCC coils to a 4mm drilbit because it wasn't wicking my 10/90 PG/VG liquids and I was getting dry hits even at 17W.
It now wicks perfectly with no dry hits even at 30W. Just posting this as a tip to help anyone else thinking of doing the same or experiencing similar problems.
It definitely makes the re-wicking and and coil assembly a tad more difficult although I did get it right on my second attempt, it's totally worth it :)

All the convenience of a clearo with all the perks of my Orchid. This thing is beautiful :')

Edited on 4/21/2015 at 7:44 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      5/1/2015 9:37:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
I have read many that say that they have tried everything, including drilling juice holes but in the end, it seems, at least from what I have read, that it boils down to the way that the wick has been cut.

I am not yet a master at perfect wicks but do know that i get dry hits on these IF i take a really deep long drag on it. I tend to prefer short quick ones and I don't chain Vape on them.
It might just be that i prefer the Delta II tanks myself.

But would be curious to hear if the majority, after using this tank for a while, feel its the way the wick is cut, rather than drilling that fixes the problems.

I am about to try the Lemo and perhaps the Goblin as i am into taste, not clouds but have been told if you dont care for the subtank mini, than the Lemo 2 might be the answer??!! I just find the taste on these sub tank minis to be muted.....whereas my Delta tanks....wow, i am truly addicted to the taste that comes out of those and I am not even vaping them as high wattage as most others.

So yeah curious, for i just dont love these tanks, but i would love to love at least the two i have
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#3 (permalink)      5/1/2015 6:08:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jadall
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos1
This is what I'm doing now for my builds. It's probably like 2-3mm long off each end, as I think the mini deck is smaller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXpaCa2o9DE

had tried 2x for a vertical coil and have twisted .28 ga .8 ohms like 9 wraps on 3mm. (maybe a bit too much wire) it's going fine. 25-35 watts or a bit lower still gets lots of vapor. 90 percent vg juice.
#4 (permalink)      5/1/2015 6:43:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
+1 details
Thanks I will check that out.
Although I usually build at 0.5 or so, I built one today using 26 gauge, about 9 wraps and it came out quite high, higher than most will likely care for especially those that sub ohm only but it came out at 1.26 on 3mm, and vaping it only at 20 watts on the KBox, using just a regular coil but carefully cutting the wick down to the first ledge so the cotton was graduated underneath and then taking off the corners, for the FIRST TIME I have managed to make a coil for this one that is not giving me ANY dry hits.

It was actually a mistake. I don't build in that range but just figured I would try it. No matter what I have built before i have ALWAYS had dry hits on it if I took a deep long hit but this i the first time I haven't and I can drag on it very deeply.

Again, not what I wanted or would have expected but the taste is actually very good. In fact, its sort of making me re-think the 0.5 builds I have been doing athough I am not into clouds so i didnt really notice the vapour production.

I have cut/pasted ur post into a text and will try that one next. For now I am pleasantly suprised with the simplest of coils how this worked. it seems for me, the more complicated I made it with 0.5, etc, the worse it worked out ;(

I have always loved my delta 2 builds and never this one, until today.....but I will certainly try yours next time to see if that one works well for me too, as its at the opposite of one in a 0.5-0.8 range b ut for new people to coil making on this sub tank complaining as well about dry hits, this is the first one near this setting I have done but surprisingly, very good. But I am much newer at this than you anyhow! And I always find that I cant Vape at high temps on this sub tank anyhowbut neither do I like them at 17 watts as I hear so many use!
But yeah, will try that one next--thanks for the link.
#5 (permalink)      5/1/2015 6:45:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
Sorry, I meant to really say that i had wanted to find a spot that worked, even if different than from what I thought I would like with it but without having to take drills to it and/or whatever else people do, if only because i am tool challenged :)