shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Needs some help!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/15/2015 6:48:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SupaPres
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 340
  • Reviews 61
  • Kudos95
+1 details
Needs some help!
So I have both the Authentic and a clone and Authentic Coils and Clone Coils.

Every OCC coil head I use can't go above 18 watts. This is the 0.5ohm. Now if I used the 1.2ohm, will 12 watts is my max before I get dry hits. Even 18 watts on the 0.5 sometimes gives dry hits.

So I thought I'd rebuild them. I have rebuilt Kanger Dual coils and eVod coils for years, even the old CE5+ coils!

So a Subtank should be easy! So rebuilt the Authentic and the Clone Coils that I had used and got dry hits on. All between 0.4ohms - 0.9ohms. Loose cotton, tight cotten, cotton tail poking out and cut flush! Nothing worked, I could never get these 25-40 wattage range and make cloud with get a dry hit half way through!!

Anyone know why this could be? Im using a SX300 mod and have also used a IVP Mini 30W and DNA clone 30W all the same!

Im sick of dry hits and really just want to go back to my Orchid but want a fill and go!
#2 (permalink)      4/15/2015 6:53:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zentrucker
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 937
  • Reviews 154
  • Kudos590
I widened the holes in a couple about 20% and rebuilt as .8 to 1.2 ohm BVC style, works a treat.
Peace be with you ...
#3 (permalink)      4/15/2015 6:56:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SupaPres
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 340
  • Reviews 61
  • Kudos95
zentrucker wrote:

I widened the holes in a couple about 20% and rebuilt as .8 to 1.2 ohm BVC style, works a treat.

Dremel them? But I'm sick of seeing videos of people just putting a coil in, 30 watts and BAM, great flavor and cloud.

I tried my friends and it tastes amazing! No dry hit, gives my Orchid a run for its money and he was using 85vg/15pg. Im using 70/30 FFS!

Edited on 4/15/2015 at 6:56 PM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      4/15/2015 7:04:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yoshy262
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 1940
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos1790
Using a Nano, with 1.2 Ohm, 100% VG (60 VG-40 Aquerous VG), no dry hits, Vamo V8, 20-30w.

On rebuild I have no problems, using OCC and 0.28 kanthal A1.

On a rebuild try to fluff out the cotton extension and use a 3mm drill bit or screwdriver, 5 wraps, trial and error....

Edited on 4/15/2015 at 7:08 PM. Reason:
Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow.
#5 (permalink)      4/15/2015 7:06:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18261
I don't want to miss the elephant in the room here; they sell the RBA decks in a pack of ten for twelve bucks. Would that not make the whole process somewhat easier?
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#6 (permalink)      4/15/2015 7:16:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SupaPres
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 340
  • Reviews 61
  • Kudos95
Nymzavril wrote:

I don't want to miss the elephant in the room here; they sell the RBA decks in a pack of ten for twelve bucks. Would that not make the whole process somewhat easier?

Not for the Mini sadly

#7 (permalink)      4/15/2015 7:22:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18261
+1 details
Didn't they? My bad, I know they had them for the regular one, but I thought they listed the mini ones as well recently. Maybe it was the Delta ones that I'm getting confused with.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#8 (permalink)      4/15/2015 8:35:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
+1 details
zentrucker wrote:

sorry i quoted the wrong one

I had the same problem. i was told to drill the channels but everyone has a different opinon on this and for me i didnt bother as i knew too may that had done it and said it didnt work so i went with the cutting style of the wick mentioned below and now its as close to perfect as it can be---perhaps drilling them might work for you but i tried the below first and if that hadnt worked than i was going to try drilling it but i was fortunate that this worked for me and worked for many as the google hits at the bottom of this post i suggest to you, will attest---but again, others will tell you to drill and that worked for them so its all about what you feel is right for u

3 things i was taught and do..

1). If rebuilding, when you cut the cotton you have to keep it short and most importantly, away from the channels. Almost tucked back under so they dont touch them.

2). I do find that its unlike the Delta II where i can take big lung hits...this one seems to be best with smaller hits and not great for chain vapers, one hit after another

3). sometimes if i do get a dry hit, which i dont do often now doing the two above, i was told to lightly/slowly unloosen the tank, not upside down as if you are going to fill it but right side up, just until you see 1-2 air bubbles rise up in the juice--that apparently releases the pressure

I found that 3) on its own helped a bit but not enough
I found that 1) was the key (wick away from channels) and of course, helped by 2)smaller hits

I cant post photos so do a google search for "kanger sub tank mini cutting wick not touch juice channels"

up will come likley the second one down, a hit for a post on the e-cigarette-forum, page 22 Feb 4, 2015 and u will see a post by a guy named "anti tux"...scroll down the page a bit and he posts about 8 photos and it works
i have seen others do pictures/videos with a bit more even put into it than him, such as angling their clippers a certain way to get that short wick but all bult on the same premise and it seems to work for a lot of people who have been told to drill out the channels and make them bigger, who have found that didnt work---as it was an issue for me, I didnt drill mine but it was next until i was shown this and its worked ever since

i am on a seigeli 100w at 1.0 ohms at 16.8-17w

yet on my delta i like to Vape it at about 30---im pretty new to all of this but still finding that each tank is differentfrom the last and the next and none Vape the same way so likely this short wick method might not work on something else

after finding the pictures on page 22 just go back to the google search and u will see many posts talking about these wicks this way

good luck

Edited on 4/15/2015 at 8:55 PM. Reason: addition as i quoted the wrong person, meant to quote SupaPres
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#9 (permalink)      4/15/2015 8:50:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zentrucker
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 937
  • Reviews 154
  • Kudos590
SupaPres wrote:

Dremel them? But I'm sick of seeing videos of people just putting a coil in, 30 watts and BAM, great flavor and cloud. I tried my friends and it tastes amazing! No dry hit, gives my Orchid a run for its money and he was using 85vg/15pg. Im using 70/30 FFS!

Just a drill bit, around 3/16 then slide in the cotton first, just enough to line the inside of the coil and not tight, then slide in the coil and fasten it together. Cotton can't be packed tight, and might gurgle at lower watts.

Peace be with you ...