shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

*DEAD*
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      3/1/2015 4:53:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27277
KennyBrash wrote:

I've never put in batteries the wrong way in this mod.

Considering the average poster on this forum, some find it hard to believe on just the word of a new poster. ;-)

Woah, mama!
#12 (permalink)      3/1/2015 6:04:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KennyBrash
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 22
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos2
What does post count have to do with anything? Anyone with decent eye sight and minimal reading skills can figure out which way batteries go in this mod. I came here to discuss possible fixes. If you don't have any useful input, then why bother?
#13 (permalink)      3/1/2015 6:24:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iggys
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 5391
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos4167
A $58 100w box mod is just screaming "I'm going to break on you".. I wouldn't bother with one of these myself as I have no idea what chip that is and at this price point QC was probably non existent.. Oh well at least you have the box to mod with.. ;)
Only a genius can say these four words out loud four times without stuttering: Eye, Yam, Stew, Peed Congratulations, you are now a genius
#14 (permalink)      3/1/2015 6:48:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
skyrockets1uk
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 1399
  • Reviews 114
  • Kudos609
Its never happened to myself but without Reverse polarity protection is it recoverable after an accident. I was kind of shocked that my first box wasn't protected(Hana). So when I got the Sigelei it was peace of mind that it was. This box mod in question, We have had a several people over the last few weeks frying there boxes. why are they still selling them with the wrong markings.?
Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder. Fasttech don't pay me for this I just get a bonus.
#15 (permalink)      3/2/2015 12:04:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27277
KennyBrash wrote:

What does post count have to do with anything? Anyone with decent eye sight and minimal reading skills can figure out which way batteries go in this mod. I came here to discuss possible fixes. If you don't have any useful input, then why bother?

You still haven't even mentioned what way you actually put them in... If the bay doesn't have stickers, and you put them in like the bay tells you to, they would likely be parallel and not work. If you put them in in series in the correct order, then it might work. Why don't you post a picture of how you installed them so we don't have to just take your word for it? Then there would be no room for doubt.

That said, if that's not the problem, you have a defective unit, should already know it, and would never have needed to open this thread in the first place as a support ticket would have been more appropriate since this is a discussion forum, not a customer service/order support system.

Woah, mama!
#16 (permalink)      3/2/2015 12:16:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
happykalabaw
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1094
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos445
+1 details
Decent eye sight and reading skills..

That is exactly what everyone is getting at. As there are units, this or others, that have the markings on the battery sleds incorrectly.

So even if you followed the markings correctly, they may not be the appropriate markings for your device.
- Insert witty signature here.
#17 (permalink)      3/2/2015 12:27:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KennyBrash
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 22
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos2
my sled looks just like nerfologist's. i put the batteries in series. is that incorrect?
#18 (permalink)      3/2/2015 12:35:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27277
KennyBrash wrote:

my sled looks just like nerfologist's. i put the batteries in series. is that incorrect?

The only thing you can do is try to put them in the opposite way. Maybe, just maybe it was wired backwards. If that doesn't work, I guess it could be somehow sensing that your power cells internal resistance is too high (amp limit is too low). But IDK if this device can do that...

Are you sure your VTC4's aren't fake or rather old? If they're fake or old, their amp limit could be significantly lower than you think.

If none of that works, it's probably defective/DOA and you might need to send it back for replacement.

Staff might need pictures or a video to show the problem.

Pictures they can require, video they cannot, but if they ask for a video, it means that they think the manufacturer will accept the video as proper evidence. That will mean they won't require to have the mod back and you may not have to go through the hassle of shipping it back.

Have you opened a support ticket yet?

We can tell you all about the process, but we can't actually open the ticket to staff for you to solve the issue ;-)

Woah, mama!
#19 (permalink)      3/2/2015 12:37:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
happykalabaw
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1094
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos445
does yours have the yellow stickers on it?

As I do not own one of these boxes, I would not be the guy to answer your question.

I myself would be confused since i just took a look at the FT photos of the device. And that sled has both + and - marked at the top of one battery slot.

If your unit had the stickers, follow the stickers.
- Insert witty signature here.
#20 (permalink)      3/3/2015 2:22:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KennyBrash
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 22
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos2
I tried 1 month old mxjos and out of the package baby blues, freshly charged. Put the batteries in according to the stickers like always and still, no luck. I opened up a support ticket so hopefully I'll be able to get a refund. Thanks all
#21 (permalink)      3/3/2015 2:27:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27277
+1 details
KennyBrash wrote:

I tried 1 month old mxjos and out of the package baby blues, freshly charged. Put the batteries in according to the stickers like always and still, no luck. I opened up a support ticket so hopefully I'll be able to get a refund. Thanks all

I would recommend that on your next reply to the ticet (after getting a response) that you link this thread to your ticket. Might help add evidence to your case to show you actually tried to make it work before wanting to return it for refund,

Woah, mama!