shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Fluttering sound
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      1/28/2015 11:09:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gremmies
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 96
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos40
The ground wire screwed down to the inside of the body looks like it was done pretty hastily and sloppy. Could that possibly be where the loose connection is? Edit: Almost certain this is the problem, I just unscrewed it completely and a bunch of pieces of the ground wire came out with the screw. Also, I just got a good peak at the front of the chip finally, it's labeled as a "YKF-80W_MAIN_BOARD_V2.0".

Edited on 1/28/2015 at 11:19 PM. Reason:
#12 (permalink)      1/29/2015 2:47:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KennyBrash
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 22
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos2
i put a 1.3 ohm kraken on it and it still makes that sound, just not as loud. i havent opened it up yet cause i might just send it back to fasttech.
#13 (permalink)      1/29/2015 4:59:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gremmies
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 96
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos40
I seem to have fixed it. It was indeed the ground wire, re-stripped it and screwed it back into place. Whoever did it in the factory did a really poor job. Everything is firing without interruption again but the ohm readings still jump around by 0.01-0.05 every time I fire it. Still makes the buzzing sound as well.

Edited on 1/29/2015 at 5:20 PM. Reason:
#14 (permalink)      1/29/2015 6:28:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TechnoVaper
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 322
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos192
Just got mine, no buzzing sound and the ohms are steady. The ohm reading is 0.05-0.06 ohms higher than my multimeter readings but it is consistently that much higher on multiple atomisers so it seems to be reasonably accurate. I will give it a couple of days and see if any issues pop up.

Also the green arrow is easy to peal off and the underside is the same color as the mod.
#15 (permalink)      1/29/2015 7:29:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TechnoVaper
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 322
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos192
Actually, just turned the wattage right down to 7 and fired and there is a very faint flicking sound, this is the buck/boost transformer doing its job and is nothing to worry about. The higher voltage you draw the flickering sound will increase in the rate of flicking.
#16 (permalink)      1/29/2015 7:33:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KennyBrash
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 22
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos2
So is the sound in the video I posted normal? I don't know anything about electronics. I just wanna know if my box mod is okay
#17 (permalink)      1/29/2015 7:36:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JPBel
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3620
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos1955
"check atomiser" mean no atty detected.
Check all connection from board to atty, both positive and negative, and the atty coil too, just in case.

The buzzing sound is the inductor, not much can be done else than verifying the points where it is soldered to the PCB and put a silicon joint around it if all is ok with the joints.

Normally those inductors are suppose to be potted, maybe they used cheaper ones.
No real danger, but under stress they can eventually break the solder joints.
#18 (permalink)      1/31/2015 12:00:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sahsah
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 27
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
TechnoVaper wrote:

Just got mine, no buzzing sound and the ohms are steady. The ohm reading is 0.05-0.06 ohms higher than my multimeter readings but it is consistently that much higher on multiple atomisers so it seems to be reasonably accurate. I will give it a couple of days and see if any issues pop up.

Also the green arrow is easy to peal off and the underside is the same color as the mod.

The level of resistance fluctuation you're talking about is normal and happens just as a result of the high temperatures the coil is going through (being heated way up and cooled back down in a relatively short time frame) and is just not normally noticed on regulated devices, because most don't have the resistance going to the hundredths decimal place. Hope everything was resolved for you, happy Vaping =]

#19 (permalink)      4/10/2015 6:29:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tonyb66
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 14
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos2
PWM...........Rattlesnake according to review from VapeStation.