shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Received!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/22/2015 7:02:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gremmies
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 96
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos40
+5 details
Received!
Well, I've got it... and I really love it! This is my first real box mod and I'm coming from iStick 20w so bare with me as I'm not very knowledgeable on them yet. The build quality is great, super solid and feels nice in my hand.

I thought the green diamonds design on the side would be made from a rubber material but it's actually clear hard plastic with green underneath. However it still does provide an improved grip compared to the metal surface of the rest of the box. Buttons are nice and clicky but the + & - do have a slight rattle.

The battery door is nice & flush, slides smoothly & snaps securely in place. BUT, it has "CLOSE" painted on it with an arrow facing up. Why the manufacture thought this was necessary is completely beyond me but it's not too big and I can feel it raised above the surface so I should be able to carefully sand it off.
I also saw a few people mention how there's 4 magnets on the door but only 3 in the battery compartment. I feel this was an intentional design choice for 2 reasons. Firstly, 4 would be too much, 3 feels just perfect. Secondly, I noticed that when I slide the battery door out the 2 magnets on the top end of the door snap to the 2 at the bottom, allowing you to access the battery compartment without taking the door fully out of it's tracks.

I was also surprised to see the QC stickers and the ones showing the polarity of the battery compartment. I ordered the version B of the black one that was posted later but my battery compartment is identical to the slightly more expensive version A posted earlier, which is only a good thing because I know for sure my unit was inspected.
It does indeed have a fixed pin but all the atties I've screwed on have fired so far and because there's a couple millimetre dip around the 510 nothing has had a gap. I'm not 100% sure what the chip is (I'll open it up eventually) but I believe it's an YIHI sx-something.

The batteries run in series, not exactly sure what the difference is from running in parallel but it's definitely a true 100w device and capable of the advertised 13v, from what I've experienced vaping at 100w briefly (don't really have a good build for that yet, just mech builds). Battery life seems good, I've been vaping at 60w (4.94v, 0.41ohms) for a couple hours now on a pair of couple-month old VTC4's and it's at about 60-70%.
I think the ohm range that's capable of 100w is also pretty wide as everything I've screwed on so far has been able to go up there but I'm not exactly sure how that stuff works and is calculated yet. Screen dims after 15 seconds, shuts off after about 1m30secs and wakes up to fire instantly.

There is no passthrough when it's charging, which I found odd, but could just be the norm for these higher wattage devices. I doubt I'll ever charge through the USB anyways. The chip has all the functions you would expect including screen hiding, wattage lock and left handed orientation. Overall, it's pretty damn nice for a ~$60 device made from a random manufacturer (RainbowHeaven).

The only real con I can think of is the "CLOSE" painted on the door but it doesn't really bother me and it's certainly not a deal-breaker. Sorry for the large wall of text, I'm bad at writing n' stuff. Let me know if you have any questions. Also, I'll try taking some pics if you'd like.

Edited on 1/23/2015 at 10:20 PM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      1/22/2015 7:18:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iggys
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 5391
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos4166
+2 details
Nice wall of text.. Not even going to try..
Only a genius can say these four words out loud four times without stuttering: Eye, Yam, Stew, Peed Congratulations, you are now a genius
#3 (permalink)      1/22/2015 7:20:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
voiceoverip
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 1750
  • Reviews 91
  • Kudos837
+1 details
To check the firmware and possibly identify the chip maker, you could power it off, remove one battery, re-insert the battery while holding down the fire button. Works on SX300 chips.
#4 (permalink)      1/22/2015 7:27:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
happykalabaw
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1094
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos445
Check out the chip info quick. XD
- Insert witty signature here.
#5 (permalink)      1/22/2015 7:39:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KennyBrash
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 22
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos2
Pics of the inside wiring would be much appreciated
#6 (permalink)      1/22/2015 7:42:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gremmies
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 96
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos40
+3 details
Just tried that voip, guess it must not be an SX300 chip. I'll open it up right now and see if there's any identifiers. And thank you iggys for pointing out what I stated while also cluttering up the thread with your lame-ass meme response.
#7 (permalink)      1/22/2015 7:46:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jaccoman
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 2948
  • Reviews 76
  • Kudos2625
Putting a couple of months old unmarried VTC4's in there is probably not such a good idea.
I am Groot.
#8 (permalink)      1/22/2015 7:52:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gremmies
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 96
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos40
I unscrewed the chip cover but it won't budge at all :/ It seems to be secured another way at the top.

Edited on 1/22/2015 at 8:05 PM. Reason:
#9 (permalink)      1/22/2015 7:56:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gremmies
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 96
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos40
Got it open! No chip identifiers, at least to my newbie eyes. Pics incoming!
#10 (permalink)      1/22/2015 7:59:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
voiceoverip
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 1750
  • Reviews 91
  • Kudos837
Ok then maybe not, just tried the procedure on the Siglei 150 and it works, comes up wit Yihi SX330 V7.4, works on SX300 as well.

If the chip in yours is good it either means there's another decent manufacturer out there, or Yihi disabled the feature.
#11 (permalink)      1/22/2015 8:03:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gremmies
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 96
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos40
Does this mean anything to somebody lol?

Edited on 1/22/2015 at 8:04 PM. Reason: