shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

what chip is in?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      1/13/2015 4:35:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
joaopra
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 4795
  • Reviews 72
  • Kudos4099
BamBam1017 wrote:

Not true, some people including myself still like to use mechanical mods even though I also use regulated mods too - and as mentioned by tmac32 most devices now haven't got the voltage output capability to fire anything close to 100w on a 1ohm+ coil.Regulated mods are more like an alternative to a mech rather then a replacement at this point and sub-ohming definitely has it's place, maybe now more then ever as it's not such a taboo among vapers anymore.

Let me add that when a device like that does show up, everyone and their daugher go bananas because it can go until 200W and that is too much etc etc....

Using "regulation" as poorly disguised prohibition is criminal. Vaping is not smoking, reduces harm and saves lives.
#12 (permalink)      1/13/2015 6:21:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Negakinu
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 712
  • Reviews 60
  • Kudos765
I meant ofcourse that sub ohming on a high wattage/high volt limit REGULATED is pointless. I too use mechanicals all the time and love them. :)
#13 (permalink)      1/13/2015 5:02:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JToll
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos2
They promote the Arrow as 100w box mod, Yihi SX300 chip with temperature control.
I think SX300 doesn't fit.
Maybe it's a other SX??? chip.
#14 (permalink)      1/19/2015 11:32:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VaperJack
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 1539
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1213
+2 details
.36 ohm and .44 ohm makes quite a difference yet on the display they will both show as .4 ohm.
#15 (permalink)      1/21/2015 5:50:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gremmies
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 96
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos40
I'll have mine when I get home from work tomorrow and I'll see if I can open it up to identify the chip.
#16 (permalink)      1/21/2015 6:07:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SnesGuy
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 280
  • Reviews 35
  • Kudos125
+1 details
VaperJack wrote:

.36 ohm and .44 ohm makes quite a difference yet on the display they will both show as .4 ohm.

Like he said, that makes a huge difference to me.

Example 1: I have a minor short, resistance is jumping between .36 - .42, don't know about it.
That can easily screw up your vape quality giving you off tasting hits at 80w

Example 2: If I think its around a .45 build and assume its being read as .44, but it's actually .36 or so, at high wattage that could, again, screw up my build. Even once it's dialed in, off tasting hits from my genny the rest of the day.

Annoyances I ran in to before I upgraded the firmware on my iPV3

Edited on 1/21/2015 at 6:08 PM. Reason:
#17 (permalink)      3/15/2015 1:49:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
6sharky9
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 19
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos5
Regulated mods are a notch above mech mods...Take a mech with a fresh 4.2v battery and .5 ohm coil and you get x amount of watts but ,what happens is your nice higher power vape gets lower and lower and lower degrading your flavor and vapor production as your battery loses voltage.

Most regulated mods give you the same vape performance untill your battery is ready to be charged..Not everyone sub ohms and builds coils to suit, so this is where regulated shines again...You can adjust wattage or voltage to match your coil for a great vape you like no matter what tank or atty you have on it...Screw it on,adjust and enjoy.

I dont use more than 15 watts on 30w devices with simple kayfuns,taifuns and kanger protank 2's...from start to finish i get the vape i like on a regulated with all those tanks no matter what coil is in them i build.

Mechs have a fan base, as well as regulated so, to eaches own.