shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Versus Sigelei 100W Plus - Review With Pictures & Board Used Revealed
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/29/2015 11:41:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nerfologist
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 5477
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos7115
$0.90 rebate earned+26 details
Versus Sigelei 100W Plus - Review With Pictures & Board Used Revealed
We are all aware of the Sigelei 100W Plus, it is superb, so lets see how the Arrow compares. I took the Sigelei as the benchmark and will list the pro's and con's.

Construction and Size
Physically the Arrow is only slightly bigger, the main difference is an extra 5.5mm in thickness and the Arrow is 62g heavier, that's because it's built like a tank, in the hand it just seem's a lot bigger than it actually is.

It's very solid and well built, very good finish, look's durable. I think the bigger feel is due to the box being very square and angular. Solid battery door and strong magnets. Internally batteries are a very tight fit and it does not come with a battery ribbon so removing batteries for charging is a pain, so I installed a ribbon by super glueing the end of a piece of ribbon into the inside of the electronics cover, works perfectly.

510 is fixed but juice well around the connector is recessed so every atty I've tried effectively sits flush.
Screen is a little bit slanted.

Buttons are lovely clicky buttons. You can lock the mod with 5 quick clicks and lock the wattage by pressing the up and down button at the same time. Screen dims after 15 seconds and sleeps after 1 minute and there is a very slight delay from wakeup to firing, but so minuscule I couldn't even measure it.
What I don't like is this 'close' symbol on the back, if you must put it there at least make it subtle, but to be honest, IMHO, if you need that sign you have no business messing with a 100W box mod.

Edited on 1/29/2015 at 12:19 PM. Reason: edit
Loud and proud member of the FT EW Club. #EWindahouse - NEW ACHIEVEMENT AWARDED - Entitled Noob. Yayyyy. :D
#2 (permalink)      1/29/2015 11:41:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nerfologist
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 5477
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos7115
+6 details
Performance
Out of the box initially I had problems with the ohm readings being all over the place, which was soon rectified by removing the batteries and putting them back in. This problem has not re-appeared, and I have been using this constantly since getting it, and I have tried to replicate the ohm reading fluctuations but could not, which is good. The ohms are measured to 2 decimal places and the reading can wander by 0.02ohm either way. To test power management I ran both the Sigelei and this with the same atomiser @ 0.5ohm, chain vaping off of identical fully charged Samsung 25R's. Both returned the same performance, about 10-12 hours use. Both give little warning of low battery before shutting down and the battery indicator on the Arrow is spot on, as is the Sigelei. I am very pleasantly surprised about that.

Edited on 1/29/2015 at 11:55 AM. Reason: edit
Loud and proud member of the FT EW Club. #EWindahouse - NEW ACHIEVEMENT AWARDED - Entitled Noob. Yayyyy. :D
#3 (permalink)      1/29/2015 11:42:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nerfologist
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 5477
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos7115
+10 details
Chip
The bit you've been waiting for.

Does this do what it say's it can do? I only have very basic tools for checking what it is actually putting out, a multimeter to test the voltage of an atomiser across the positive and negative post's under load, compared to what the screen was telling me. To keep it relevant I performed the same test on both boxes using a 0.7ohm build. The Arrow at lower wattage seemed slightly under powered compared to the Sigelei, and my test's confirmed this. It was the higher wattages that surprised me. The figure I obtained for 100W are as follows.-

Sigelei screen reading 8.4v, my test 7.18v (72W)
Arrow screen reading 8.35v, my test 7.86v (89W)

Please comment on these figure, I want your input.

Now for the even more surprising bit. I took out the board. No hot glue, anywhere. Board is held in place by grooves in the electronics cover. Everything is very clean and tidy. Here is a picture of the board.-

I have scoured the internet trying to find out what it is exactly, to no avail. This much I can tell you, the only thing I could find, time after time, that comes close is the chip in the Vampire box mod. Once again I want your input on this, and is it possible it is outputting more than the 80W it says on the board?

In Conclusion
If you have the money, buy the Sigelei, you can't go wrong. If money is an issue, get this, if you are looking at 50W box mods, get this. I can't vouch for longevity but so far I'm really impressed.

Edited on 1/29/2015 at 12:12 PM. Reason: edit
#4 (permalink)      1/29/2015 12:42:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ducatidom
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 199
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos106
+1 details
Nice info, thanks for taking the time to keep us well informed!
Be Kind, Rewind
#5 (permalink)      1/29/2015 12:56:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
NoeWay
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 1366
  • Reviews 66
  • Kudos1633
+1 details
Thanks for the great comparison review.
I've seen a few complaints about this Arrow box, in some threads here, buzzing when firing etc. did you experience any of that?

Did you try charging through the usb port?
I know it isn't the best way to charge a dual batt box but it might be handy in a pinch.

If it was a bit sexier, no dumb "close" arrow, no green dual arrow on the side & a little more ergonomic with rounded corners, it would probably be a winner.
Screwdriverian of the cult of BLUE! If you want a good screw, use BLUE! Amps do not come out of monkeys arses.
#6 (permalink)      1/29/2015 1:02:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nerfologist
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 5477
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos7115
No buzzing noise. You can charge through the USB, I plugged it in out of interest and it worked but no passthrough. The green arrow on the side isn't a sticker or printed on, it's a bit of plastic inlayed into the surface.
#7 (permalink)      1/29/2015 1:04:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ducatidom
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 199
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos106
+2 details
When I get mine, I plan to place an old-school pin-up girl sticker on the door, and something over the dumb green "arrow"
Be Kind, Rewind
#8 (permalink)      1/29/2015 1:05:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
NoeWay
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 1366
  • Reviews 66
  • Kudos1633
+1 details
The close arrow on the back is it going to be difficult to remove with a bit of turps & elbow grease?
Screwdriverian of the cult of BLUE! If you want a good screw, use BLUE! Amps do not come out of monkeys arses.
#9 (permalink)      1/29/2015 1:11:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iggys
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 5391
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos4167
+1 details
I can think of few designs that would make me want it less.. That inlay looks like it missed some 5 yr old's shoe and ended up on this thing.. Too Bad..
Only a genius can say these four words out loud four times without stuttering: Eye, Yam, Stew, Peed Congratulations, you are now a genius
#10 (permalink)      1/29/2015 1:15:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Schnarph
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 2621
  • Reviews 225
  • Kudos2405
+1 details
Thanks for that, this is more interesting than I thought. I also tried to Google that board and found almost nothing.

nerfologist wrote:

Please comment on these figure, I want your input.

Need more variables, try the same test with lower and higher resistance.

Are you able to see the underside of the 510 connector, do you think there's room for a FDV/Varitube spring loaded pin?

Edit: RainbowHeaven sells one just like this, though FT also has a "B" version made/supplied by someone else. IF this is the RH model, the charger is a standard 5V @500mA (super slow for 2 cells). You probably wouldn't want to use the USB charger even if it did have proper balancing, which seems unlikely.

Edited on 1/29/2015 at 1:32 PM. Reason:
Your advertisement here
#11 (permalink)      1/29/2015 3:48:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nerfologist
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 5477
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos7115
NoeWay wrote:

The close arrow on the back is it going to be difficult to remove with a bit of turps & elbow grease?

Don't know, I've already tried a few options, disguising and removal with no luck yet. I would like to get it off without damaging the box coating.