shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

(Of course) Flawed.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/24/2015 3:35:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Azermat
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 248
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos171
(Of course) Flawed.
The drip tip socket isn't cut with a flat top inside, but conical downwards which means that there is a cavity between the drip tip and the air tube that should in theory facilitate condensation of juice running down the air tube and back to the wick.

In practive, juice accumulates in the cavity and gets sucked into the mouth, because the surface tension prevents it from flowing toward the center and down the air tube.

Drip tip connection height is pretty standard (Y U NO standardize these things?), and if you have a flat, matching surface between drip tip and air tube (as on the Kayfun), all condensation will run down the air tube in the most direct way possible.

Praise over-engineering.

Edited on 4/24/2015 at 3:36 PM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      4/24/2015 4:03:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
giannis03
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1413
  • Reviews 170
  • Kudos834
+1 details
i use the gs for a year and never sucked juice from it.how do you manage that?
I DONT CARE...
#3 (permalink)      4/25/2015 7:57:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
arsamo
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 1210
  • Reviews 343
  • Kudos5525
giannis03 wrote:

i use the gs for a year and never sucked juice from it.how do you manage that?

Exactly ! Most of the time , actual experience is way way better than theory :D

#4 (permalink)      5/3/2015 8:47:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
arsamo
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 1210
  • Reviews 343
  • Kudos5525
Azermat wrote:

The drip tip socket isn't cut with a flat top inside, but conical downwards which means that there is a cavity between the drip tip and the air tube that should in theory facilitate condensation of juice running down the air tube and back to the wick.In practive, juice accumulates in the cavity and gets sucked into the mouth, because the surface tension prevents it from flowing toward the center and down the air tube.Drip tip connection height is pretty standard (Y U NO standardize these things?), and if you have a flat, matching surface between drip tip and air tube (as on the Kayfun), all condensation will run down the air tube in the most direct way possible.Praise over-engineering.

Just buy and try it ! I'm pretty sure you will put your theory right in the garbage lol

#5 (permalink)      11/24/2015 10:50:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Azermat
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 248
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos171
I have one. It gurgles all the time because liquid accumulates in the drip tip bore.