shopping cart empty
it canot compeat
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      2/13/2016 8:33:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapingandstuff
  • JoinedJun 2015
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos1
it canot compeat
This was at one time a good mod I used it for a long time but know u can get a 100w box for the 10$-20$ more so what's the point of buying I. Yes I understand some people don't vape more than 30w and like small mods but come on the mini vlolt is 40w and way smaller
#2 (permalink)      2/13/2016 8:34:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gwailo
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 2672
  • Reviews 87
  • Kudos3299
I don't compute.
#3 (permalink)      2/13/2016 9:01:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
scooby_doo
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 93
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos59
n/a
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
#4 (permalink)      2/13/2016 9:55:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DaddyDead
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 3006
  • Reviews 298
  • Kudos5172
Most people don't go from an ego to a 100w box overnight ... still a bit of a stepping stone for kit like this

Even if it is a POS

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes - Quod erat demonstrandum
#5 (permalink)      2/13/2016 11:01:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LutherBlissett
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 11510
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos14351
Functionally it's an iStick 30W with a removable battery, released about a year too late.
No FT. No comment. __________ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVQawEZ2uuw
#6 (permalink)      2/13/2016 11:13:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18261
+2 details
Meh, despite the fiasco surrounding it, it was a great little device IF you got a good one. I still use mine now and again, though it's pretty much obsolete when you consider what you can now buy for the same money. To be fair, I still prefer it to the Kanger Platinum thing that I waited weeks for, used twice, and have subsequently lost amongst a pile of other waste of money vape gear.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#7 (permalink)      3/5/2016 11:55:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hiko9
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5627
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos5390
+1 details
I only use 9.5w these days (used to be much higher) and i've got to say the cloupor makes a nice vape. I've used nothing else since it arrived nearly a year ago. It has build quality issues, however.

The board on mine has been fine, the main reliability problem it has had is the solder joint to the outer of the 510 (atty negative). it's a little bit of single core, poorly soldered to the 510. This solder joint has repeatedly broken on mine and is a bitch to repair if your soldering iron isn't some huge iron with an enormous tip for thermal mass

I suspect a lot of CP minis have failed due to this bad joint. If you keep getting "too hot" or wildly fluctuating ohms reading on the display, try wiggling the board with your finger and looking closely at that joint.

All the paint fell off, too. A good mod,ruined by cheap build quality.

Another fix i've found is to pick one atty that works with it, preferably one with a 510 that leaves the cloupors adjustable 510 screw nearly bottomed out. Then fit a washer or wrap a little ni200 around the screw to space it up a bit, tighten screw reasonably tight, and leave that atty on it, converting it to a fixed 510

my ohms reading is rock solid now until that shit solder joint breaks again.

Edited on 3/30/2016 at 6:35 PM. Reason:
Green Screwdriver for LIFE
#8 (permalink)      7/13/2016 9:31:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
berardi20
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Hiko9 wrote:

I only use 9.5w these days (used to be much higher) and i've got to say the cloupor makes a nice vape. I've used nothing else since it arrived nearly a year ago. It has build quality issues, however.The board on mine has been fine, the main reliability problem it has had is the solder joint to the outer of the 510 (atty negative). it's a little bit of single core, poorly soldered to the 510. This solder joint has repeatedly broken on mine and is a bitch to repair if your soldering iron isn't some huge iron with an enormous tip for thermal massI suspect a lot of CP minis have failed due to this bad joint. If you keep getting "too hot" or wildly fluctuating ohms reading on the display, try wiggling the board with your finger and looking closely at that joint.All the paint fell off, too. A good mod,ruined by cheap build quality.Another fix i've found is to pick one atty that works with it, preferably one with a 510 that leaves the cloupors adjustable 510 screw nearly bottomed out. Then fit a washer or wrap a little ni200 around the screw to space it up a bit, tighten screw reasonably tight, and leave that atty on it, converting it to a fixed 510my ohms reading is rock solid now until that shit solder joint breaks again.

Sounds like getting a good board is iffy:/ Was going to buy one of these to run my kayfun 4 clone on. After reading this I'm definitely buying a Lasimo MX 90 instead so it can run the kayfun v5 also Not much more cash and less problems. Plus it'll run alot more the the kayfun and alot lower ohms. I'll throw the kayfun 4 on my HB DNA 30 and put the V5 on the Lassimo.