shopping cart empty
which battery? (discharge, amp, etc)
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/5/2015 6:42:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
chima
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 28
  • Kudos7
which battery? (discharge, amp, etc)
Hi, thanks for reading my question.
I'm interested in purchasing this mod.
But I'd like to ask what is the recommended battery for this? I mean I'd like to buy one that last longer...3400mAh or so. Can't find anything on the Cloupor website. I've not the first clue what the Discharge is... should be 20A, 30A and why? Flat top or not?

Moreover, I've got an iStick 20w and I'm pleased with it, I was reading that it is possible to change the battery and I saw 2 videos. Maybe it's OT, but I can't find anywhere what's the recommended battery for that (long lasting). Anybody as experience with this process?
I'm asking this here because I want to buy a pack of 2 batteries.

Thanks again
#2 (permalink)      8/5/2015 6:45:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18261
+1 details
You'll be fine with either the Samsung 30Q, or Sanyo NCR18650GA.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#3 (permalink)      8/5/2015 6:49:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18261
It's only a 15A device, and either of those will pulse at that level perfectly fine, but also give you better battery life over something like an He2/4, VTC, or 25r.

Just as an aside, are you aware of the previous issues that a few users have had with this device? It was only a small number from a certain batch, and the lack of any further posts demanding that Cloupor is hung drawn and quartered have vanished; but it's worth being aware of. I was an early adopter, and mine is still fine. That said, I wouldn't buy another Cloupor product if it was proved to be the very singularity of mod perfection.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#4 (permalink)      8/5/2015 6:52:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18261
Those two batteries would also be fine for use in an iStick (assuming an 18650 actually fits, which I believe it does). If you're doing an engine swap, I'd suggest getting some NCRs (B or PF variant) that have pre welded tabs on them. It will make it easier to hook them up, as soldering direct to a battery can cause issues due to the heat. Just make sure that they're unprotected. You can pick them up with the tabs on eBay, though I vaguely recall seeing them here as well.

*Edit* Nope, sorry - no tabbed Panasonics listed here.

Edited on 8/5/2015 at 6:54 PM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      8/5/2015 6:54:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
jon.frickin.paul
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 372
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos175
+2 details
And stick with flat-top batteries on this one. I have been using VTC 5's in mine and it's a snug fit.
**jumping all nimbly-bimbly from tree to tree**
#6 (permalink)      8/5/2015 6:54:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
chima
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 28
  • Kudos7
+2 details
Thanks again!

Edited on 8/5/2015 at 6:56 PM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      8/5/2015 7:00:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18261
+1 details
I'd go with the Sanyo NCR18650GA. I recently picked up a pair, and they're outstanding; I just ordered a four pack from here after having roadtested them for a week or so. They give you a generous capacity, and Panasonic (who own Sanyo) seriously understate their amperage - which is excellent, as other companies often overstate theirs. The NCR chemistry is also very solid, and will soak up some serious misuse. I'm not saying that's an license to stress them, but you do have the comfort of knowing they're the least likely to misbehave if you accidentally do something daft.

I'd go as far to say that the NCR line could easily be marked as 15A continuous without issue, but that 10A rating is a more conservative estimate that I support. There are rewrapped cells out there with "35A" written on them, which are quite probably NCRs underneath. Totally stupid on the manufacturer's part, but they do take a beating. As your mod only draws 15A, you'll be fine.

Edited on 8/5/2015 at 7:01 PM. Reason:
#8 (permalink)      8/5/2015 7:01:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
chima
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 28
  • Kudos7
Nymzavril I'm very aware of the issue, but discussing with few people using that, everybody told me that is fixed now.
I failed to find another mod so compact, that can replace batteries. Worst case scenario I can send it back if the suggested test fails.
I'm only not sure if recharging would be ok, or I must buy a charger too.
In response to jon.frickin.paul are those suggested batteries from Nymzavril "flat top"?
#9 (permalink)      8/5/2015 7:05:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
jon.frickin.paul
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 372
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos175
I don't have any 30Q's but they should have an option for both. Just so you know, I'm using these VTC5's in here because their kinda old and this mod isn't putting much stress on them at all. Just sending them out to pasture before they die... lol
**jumping all nimbly-bimbly from tree to tree**
#10 (permalink)      8/5/2015 7:06:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18261
Yep, they're flat tops. I hear you on the Mini, it's about my favourite non TC regulated mod, but Cloupor let a lot of people down. It does appear that either all issues have been resolved, or everyone just stopped buying them ;-)
#11 (permalink)      8/5/2015 7:45:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
chima
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 28
  • Kudos7
+1 details
yep, you're right, I do like something mini. Anyway I use to vape at low wattage around 8-9w, 1.2ohm with a kayfun lite plus (I'm gonna order a Lemo2 now). Yeah I know, I might be weird :) anyway I'm pleased this way, so I don't need great power, but I prefer stamina and compact sizes. I'm not into cloudchasing, more flavor. Just to give some more details.
That said, since you seem to be not convinced about the Cloupor, do you have other recommendation?
Back to the batteries, these are the ones if I'm not mistaken:
Sanyo SKU 2399300 and Samsung SKU 2363400
both 3000 mAh, as you mentioned, on paper Samsung has more "discharge" (whatever that means), but you think that those Sanyo last longer, is that correct?