shopping cart empty
Anyone else's paint flaking off really easily?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/24/2015 6:25:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hiko9
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5627
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos5390
Anyone else's paint flaking off really easily?
I keep my black CP mini in a silicone skin, do wipe it down once a day to clean up wayward airhole spillages

Paint is knackered around where the dent to make removing the door easier is

paint on the door itself bubbling up, going creasy, then coming off

still a b'dass mod for its price, still a great vape, i'll just repaint it with caliper enamel when i do the rebuild to DNA25 (which is in the post) but i do like to catalogue the many things crap about this cloupor mini that don't stop it from being a great mod for me (LOVE the size)

Dear FT - NEVER STOP SELLING THIS MOD. Those of us who like it, really love it despite its many flaws

CP mini at FT - the new hana DIY cases :D

Edited on 5/24/2015 at 6:28 AM. Reason:
Green Screwdriver for LIFE
#2 (permalink)      5/24/2015 8:49:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pocariboy
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 1952
  • Reviews 323
  • Kudos655
Nope. Not mine.
#3 (permalink)      5/24/2015 9:26:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
martinc
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 5647
  • Reviews 268
  • Kudos3338
+1 details
Those skins effectively works as insulators more than protectants so make sure you don't have a mod that tends to overheat...and in your case,no comments needed :)
non nobis, Domine, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
#4 (permalink)      5/24/2015 9:53:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FoxVape
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 4880
  • Reviews 125
  • Kudos5225
Seems most of the black box mods have the same paint issue. My IPV Mini II have it also, though it's now wrapped.

Edited on 5/24/2015 at 9:54 AM. Reason:
Battlestar 200W + Dvarw MTL + SS316L + Muji + 0.80ohms = MTL Perfection
#5 (permalink)      5/24/2015 11:34:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hiko9
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5627
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos5390
martinc wrote:

Those skins effectively works as insulators more than protectants so make sure you don't have a mod that tends to overheat...and in your case,no comments needed :)

In my case not an issue because i am using the original board but i'm firing a 1.4 ohm coil at 14w, within the capabilities of the shoddiness that is the original board. However, kudos given because i've been monitoring how hot our little usb charge boards get - Very, that is. I noticed it first when my early FT Hana would get its aluminium case distinctively warm when i left it charging on my bed with one of the largest sides down, insulated by bedsheets

I recently salvaged a clone of the Evolv DNA charge board (using the same components) and put it in the body of one of the cheapest chargers FT sell with hot glue, had to monitor it through a battery charge to make sure it didnt melt my hot glue. It doesn't, but it does get bloody warm and that's only a 500ma rate charger

Never used my cloupors charge port other than to fix the battery level gauge issue, but i have been inside my cloupor and it's filled with hot glue around the charger. Probably no cooling at all for the charge IC = this is, i strongly suspect, why these had a few fail whilst charging.

#6 (permalink)      5/24/2015 11:42:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18261
The heat of the IC shouldn't need that much cooling, though you're right about charging. I've not had any issues with paint, but mine is the silver. It's been dropped a lot more than I'd like, and as yet hasn't got so much as a scratch. I have one of the skins* now, so it's not really an issue.

*If you buy a skin, buy the apparently lower quality one - the one without the top flap covering the corner opposite the atty. They're slightly thicker, and far easier to get on and off to access your batteries. The other ones feel like they're going to tear when you put them on, and I don't forsee them surviving being taken off up to a couple of times a day. Worse, using one might make charging through the USB look tempting. They don't look as slick, but functionally they're waaaaaaaay better.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#7 (permalink)      5/24/2015 4:29:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hiko9
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5627
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos5390
you mean like SKU 2248900 ? That's the one i have.. lol

it's a bit baggy and that means juice leaks can get into it easily, probably why my paint is ruined. Also, it's loose enough that the lid of the mod still moves a bit sometimes when gripped in the hand

tis nice and thick and easy to slide off though
#8 (permalink)      6/4/2015 9:53:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Drex_A7
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 105
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos21
Yep. mine easily scratches as well.
#9 (permalink)      6/4/2015 10:19:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
funnybones
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 302
  • Reviews 35
  • Kudos202
Nymzavril wrote:

The heat of the IC shouldn't need that much cooling, though you're right about charging. I've not had any issues with paint, but mine is the silver. It's been dropped a lot more than I'd like, and as yet hasn't got so much as a scratch. I have one of the skins* now, so it's not really an issue.

*If you buy a skin, buy the apparently lower quality one - the one without the top flap covering the corner opposite the atty. They're slightly thicker, and far easier to get on and off to access your batteries. The other ones feel like they're going to tear when you put them on, and I don't forsee them surviving being taken off up to a couple of times a day. Worse, using one might make charging through the USB look tempting. They don't look as slick, but functionally they're waaaaaaaay better.

I sliced off the overlay and now it slips on and off with ease, but because of my fantastic craftsmanship, the only one that looks good is the black on black.

And yes mines peeling but I did have it rattling about in my rucksack pocket with keys and stuff.

#10 (permalink)      6/4/2015 10:29:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hiko9
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5627
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos5390
back on the charge IC - no, it doesn't need much cooling but all these little ics like the tp4056 and etc get pretty warm in free air, let alone covered in hot glue. On the early hanas it was enough to melt said hot glue around the charge board

Edited on 6/4/2015 at 10:30 AM. Reason: