shopping cart empty
Battery level - Update from fasttech!!!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/30/2015 1:51:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
davidjosephscott
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 85
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos19
+1 details
Battery level - Update from fasttech!!!
I received an 'interesting' message from fasttech today!!?

"If you have not returned the item, please on hold and cancel the returning.

We confirmed with supplier that the version you have received indeed can not see the battery's actual level. So this item is not defective"

So my mini isn't decective at all and they won't exchange it!!?? What the f*ck!!?

PayPal claim here I come!
#2 (permalink)      4/30/2015 2:21:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
landro43
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 67
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos11
"•Reverse battery protection, no worry about installing battery improperly"

This is a assured property. If it's not working, you are right. Use PayPal claim and keep the box, so Fasttech will learn.

It's cloupors fault and they know it. That's the reason, why they sell it without VIPcard and Fasttech fell for it.

Cloupor tried so to deceive compensation claims.

Edited on 4/30/2015 at 2:27 AM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      4/30/2015 2:23:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18261
+2 details
Oh that is bullshit. Seriously Cloupor? Right, ignore every time I've defended the mini - don't anyone buy the fucking thing, and with luck, we can put them out of business. So what's the battery level indicator there for; decoration?

Hey, mine works - I'm seriously tempted to send mine back and demand a refund as it's obviously faulty. Fuck it, yes, that's EXACTLY what I'm going to do. I'm not even slightly kidding.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#4 (permalink)      4/30/2015 2:28:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
landro43
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 67
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos11
"I've defended the mini"

I'm too.
#5 (permalink)      4/30/2015 2:39:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18261
+6 details
I've just sent this in as a ticket.

Hi, I have an issue with this item, and would like to return it for a full refund. As you are doubtlessly aware, this device has been subject to a degree of controversy regarding a couple of issues, the most recent of which relating to the battery level indicator not functioning. Another of your customers asked to return his clearly faulty item on this basis, and he claims he was told by you:

"If you have not returned the item, please on hold and cancel the returning. We confirmed with supplier that the version you have received indeed can not see the battery's actual level. So this item is not defective"

Well if that's the case, then my reason for wanting to return mine, is because my battery indicator works FLAWLESSLY, ergo it's by Cloupor's own definition, faulty.

Oooooooooor, you could do the decent thing, and tell Cloupor what time it is. Bullshit like this will hurt not only cloupor, but also FT if you don't step up and face them down on behalf of your customer base - the people who pay your wages. I'd strongly suggest that you get on the phone to your factory rep, stand up, and be prepared to raise your voice. If you don't of course, I could always suggest that EVERYONE who has a faulty cloupor mini with a fully functioning battery indicator also return theirs. Capiche cupcake?

Oh, and don't you dare ask for a photo of it working AS IT SHOULD - or as Cloupor would have us believe - it demonstrating a fault.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#6 (permalink)      4/30/2015 2:47:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VaperJack
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 1539
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1213
+1 details
Nymzavril wrote:

I've just sent this in as a ticket.

Hi, I have an issue with this item, and would like to return it for a full refund. As you are doubtlessly aware, this device has been subject to a degree of controversy regarding a couple of issues, the most recent of which relating to the battery level indicator not functioning. Another of your customers asked to return his clearly faulty item on this basis, and he claims he was told by you:

"If you have not returned the item, please on hold and cancel the returning. We confirmed with supplier that the version you have received indeed can not see the battery's actual level. So this item is not defective"

Well if that's the case, then my reason for wanting to return mine, is because my battery indicator works FLAWLESSLY, ergo it's by Cloupor's own definition, faulty.

Oooooooooor, you could do the decent thing, and tell Cloupor what time it is. Bullshit like this will hurt not only cloupor, but also FT if you don't step up and face them down on behalf of your customer base - the people who pay your wages. I'd strongly suggest that you get on the phone to your factory rep, stand up, and be prepared to raise your voice. If you don't of course, I could always suggest that EVERYONE who has a faulty cloupor mini with a fully functioning battery indicator also return theirs. Capiche cupcake?

Oh, and don't you dare ask for a photo of it working AS IT SHOULD - or as Cloupor would have us believe - it demonstrating a fault.

Sorry, you have been cloupooped.

Here's FT's quick response:

tl; dr

Thank you for your message.

ps, due to its popularity, we have kindly raised its price from $28ish to $29ish.

Edited on 4/30/2015 at 2:48 AM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      4/30/2015 2:50:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dave_Kat
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 2417
  • Reviews 114
  • Kudos2002
I am getting the same ' hang on' BS from them as well. Like I would trust a 'Clouper software update' after that T5 fiasco. No big on battery level as I have been using Mechs pretty much since day one...but it is a feature that does come in handy.

VIP/RIP
-Late,
#8 (permalink)      4/30/2015 2:54:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hiko9
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5627
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos5390
+1 details
Mine that arrived two days ago does not read battery level either, it's essential on a regulated device, where you won't feel that the battery is getting flat, as you do in a mech

oh well, ticket
Green Screwdriver for LIFE
#9 (permalink)      4/30/2015 2:56:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18261
+1 details
From what we're hearing, the problem isn't just that the level isn't working reliably*, but that it's also allowing cells to deep discharge. Let them tell us that's a design feature as well.

*if it's not meant to show you battery level, then why does it A/ have a battery level indicator on the screen, and B/ work at all? People are saying that it will work if you take the batteries out and put them back in again. Working now and again does not sound like something one would build into a product, and claim was part of normal functioning.
#10 (permalink)      4/30/2015 2:58:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18261
+2 details
When they reply, I'm going to ask them to remove my review from the listing as well.
#11 (permalink)      4/30/2015 2:59:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
furcifernova
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 1769
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos908
+1 details
I'm curious, I've read about this phenomenon and the speculation, but does anyone have evidence the chips inability to properly display the battery voltage has any effect on it's ability to function? Or more importantly is there any evidence the issue will result in the battery being over discharged? Because one is a serious issue and the other is just a superfluous function. If it still registers a "low voltage" error and shuts down it's almost a non-issue.