shopping cart empty
FASTTECH Cloupor mini Burn
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      4/20/2015 3:13:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TuxedoMask
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 25
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos10
+1 details
Snorkelwhacker wrote:

Charging via cig lighter adapter?

Ya Snorkel.

This hasn't been resolved by Cloupor as you can see. Very dangerous device and on top of that the chip isn't that well programmed. Battery discharges quite fast even not in use.

#22 (permalink)      4/20/2015 3:19:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TuxedoMask
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 25
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos10
I advice all who bought one to keep a close monitor of it specially when USB plugged.
#23 (permalink)      4/20/2015 3:36:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18261
+1 details
I advise everyone to avail themselves of the handy magnetic door feature, and not recharge with the batteries on board at all. I've not noticed any discharging whilst on standby with mine, so that could be a symptom to look for. My GI2 is shocking for that - throw a couple of batteries in it and 24 hours later you need an Xtar to save them.

When you got it, did you do the fifteen second test?
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#24 (permalink)      4/20/2015 3:43:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TuxedoMask
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 25
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos10
+1 details
Nymzavril wrote:

I advise everyone to avail themselves of the handy magnetic door feature, and not recharge with the batteries on board at all. I've not noticed any discharging whilst on standby with mine, so that could be a symptom to look for. My GI2 is shocking for that - throw a couple of batteries in it and 24 hours later you need an Xtar to save them.

I did. It looks like a faulty USB problem.

#25 (permalink)      4/20/2015 3:44:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cool52
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 190
  • Reviews 66
  • Kudos249
+1 details
Nymzavril wrote:

Unfortunately, the fifteen second test its just one other bunch of lies from Cloupor, lots of them burns after pass that test (LOTS).
The problem isn´t too with the USB charger, its the chip.
Mine burns, and i just charged the bateries with a independent charger.

#26 (permalink)      4/20/2015 4:43:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bdpf79
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 688
  • Reviews 214
  • Kudos479
+1 details
Personally, I think it has nothing to do with the USB port.
It seems that a few people that reported problems with theirs have noticed battery draining or device getting hot while not in use.
That shouldn't happen. If not firing, the board should only use a few mAs when ON, and even uAs in sleep mode depending on how well it is implemented in the chip. An 18650 should be able to power it for quite a long time.
For me that would be an indication that something is wrong, power is being used when it shouldn't, either by the chip or something else, which leads to overheat and burning.
#27 (permalink)      4/20/2015 6:05:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TuxedoMask
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 25
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos10
+1 details
When compared to my other yihi and authentic DNA boards. Vaping it at somewhat equivalent watts, I get half of vape time.
#28 (permalink)      4/20/2015 6:07:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TuxedoMask
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 25
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos10
bdpf79 wrote:

Personally, I think it has nothing to do with the USB port.
It seems that a few people that reported problems with theirs have noticed battery draining or device getting hot while not in use.
That shouldn't happen. If not firing, the board should only use a few mAs when ON, and even uAs in sleep mode depending on how well it is implemented in the chip. An 18650 should be able to power it for quite a long time.
For me that would be an indication that something is wrong, power is being used when it shouldn't, either by the chip or something else, which leads to overheat and burning.

It does the drain but doesn't get hot.

#29 (permalink)      4/20/2015 6:28:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18261
+1 details
But on the other hand, a lot of people have had issues whilst it's charging. I think this is the first time I've heard anyone say that it's draining on standby though, and that definitely points to some sort of process going on in the board. That to me sounds like the clearest symptom of your mod being less than happy.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#30 (permalink)      4/20/2015 7:18:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gwailo
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 2675
  • Reviews 87
  • Kudos3303
Where have I heard all this before?

Oh yeah, with all previous Cloupor mods. Don't buy shit from a company who have shown what utter disregard they have for safety numerous times and then complain that your mod caught fire.

In any other industry this company would have been sued and shut down ages ago, however due to gullibity of your average vaper they still hold a market share. With products like these making the rounds, no wonder there's regulation building up. Do yourself a favour and boycott cloupor.

Edited on 4/20/2015 at 7:22 PM. Reason:
#31 (permalink)      4/20/2015 7:21:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18261
Did Gwailo just post to say that something was shit and terrible and shitty and made by shit eating shitty shit faces? Well that was a departure from the norm.