shopping cart empty
No battery update?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/18/2015 10:07:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sam123
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 135
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos50
No battery update?
Not sure what's going on. I used my Mini for a good hour or two, then realized that the battery level had not dropped, at all. I thought, "hmm...this is odd." I took out the battery, and reinserted it...wala, it showed that it was at half-charge. Kept vaping with it, checked the battery level again after about 30 minutes, no drop. Plugged it into the charger, then unplugged it...then it showed that the battery level dropped.

Here is what I have on it: .9 ohm build, Stillare. Sony VTC4

Summary: Mini doesn't show battery level drop. To show ACTUAL battery level, I have to plug and un-plug the charger, or remove/reinsert it.

Has anyone experienced this?
#2 (permalink)      4/18/2015 10:08:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sam123
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 135
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos50
Sam123 wrote:

Not sure what's going on. I used my Mini for a good hour or two, then realized that the battery level had not dropped, at all. I thought, "hmm...this is odd." I took out the battery, and reinserted it...wala, it showed that it was at half-charge. Kept vaping with it, checked the battery level again after about 30 minutes, no drop. Plugged it into the charger, then unplugged it...then it showed that the battery level dropped.Here is what I have on it: .9 ohm build, Stillare. Sony VTC4Summary: Mini doesn't show battery level drop. To show ACTUAL battery level, I have to plug and un-plug the charger, or remove/reinsert it.Has anyone experienced this?

By "it" I mean the battery!

#3 (permalink)      4/18/2015 10:09:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
juicyjap
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 2169
  • Reviews 82
  • Kudos462
I just gutted one for a Vamo chip. Real POS.
It is a FACT that mankind hates changes. Food for thought!
#4 (permalink)      4/18/2015 10:10:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18261
Not I. Have you tried the fifteen second test? Dry burn a coil with no wick for fifteen seconds, and it should cut out, and allow you to fire again immediately after. If it says that it's too hot, or won't fire after the test, then it's allegedly one of the iffy batch that has caused people problems. The other alleged issue is charging with the USB port. Try taking the batteries out to charge, and not using it as a pass through.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#5 (permalink)      4/18/2015 10:15:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sam123
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 135
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos50
Nymzavril wrote:

Not I. Have you tried the fifteen second test? Dry burn a coil with no wick for fifteen seconds, and it should cut out, and allow you to fire again immediately after. If it says that it's too hot, or won't fire after the test, then it's allegedly one of the iffy batch that has caused people problems. The other alleged issue is charging with the USB port. Try taking the batteries out to charge, and not using it as a pass through.

That was actually the first thing I did. It passed with flying colors. I wasn't actually charging the battery, I just wanted to see if the charging port worked (to confirm that the mod wasn't faulty). Consequently, it updated the battery. Hmm...this is odd.

#6 (permalink)      4/18/2015 10:15:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sam123
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 135
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos50
Nymzavril wrote:

Sadly, I can't even do that since the chip is what is faulty.

#7 (permalink)      4/19/2015 4:40:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
markojuhani
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Sam123 wrote:

Not sure what's going on. I used my Mini for a good hour or two, then realized that the battery level had not dropped, at all. I thought, "hmm...this is odd." I took out the battery, and reinserted it...wala, it showed that it was at half-charge. Kept vaping with it, checked the battery level again after about 30 minutes, no drop. Plugged it into the charger, then unplugged it...then it showed that the battery level dropped.Here is what I have on it: .9 ohm build, Stillare. Sony VTC4Summary: Mini doesn't show battery level drop. To show ACTUAL battery level, I have to plug and un-plug the charger, or remove/reinsert it.Has anyone experienced this?

I have a same problem. Also you can't get it loaded with USB port. There's never "full battery" text on a screen.

#8 (permalink)      4/19/2015 4:52:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheLoneVaper
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 2283
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1739
C'mon guys it's posted everywhere not to the use the cloupors USB for charging.
#9 (permalink)      4/19/2015 12:15:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sam123
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 135
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos50
TheLoneVaper wrote:

My battery indicator issue presented itself before I used the USB charger. In fact, I seldom use chargers on box mods (directly). I only used the charger to see if it would update the battery indicator.

#10 (permalink)      4/19/2015 1:01:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheLoneVaper
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 2283
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1739
Sam123 wrote:

TheLoneVaper wrote:

My battery indicator issue presented itself before I used the USB charger. In fact, I seldom use chargers on box mods (directly). I only used the charger to see if it would update the battery indicator.

#11 (permalink)      4/19/2015 5:50:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sam123
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 135
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos50
TheLoneVaper wrote:

Sam123 wrote:
TheLoneVaper wrote:

That's fine.

Anyone else have any suggestions? I contacted FT customer service. So here goes the waiting game.