shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Will I ever get this???
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#91 (permalink)      5/25/2015 7:28:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3894
jmugwump wrote:

Lol, then what the fck are you on about?

I'm on about Johnny Comelately companies pumping out anything they think they can sell rather than a safe product,

The unit itself looks nice but whether it will be a reliable trustworthy product is another thing, for the record I think Innokin stuff is shit as well.

#92 (permalink)      5/25/2015 7:39:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
jmugwump
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 541
  • Reviews 198
  • Kudos259
And you would know this how?

As long as it has reverse batt and short protection it will be safe enough for me to vape. If I was in the market for a 150w device, I would buy this because it's smaller and looks well constructed. (Sometimes judging a book by it's cover is OK).

Look at the raptor DIY boxes. Made in a freakin' garage and I've never heard of any problems. Sure, in terms of reliability I'd trust Hana Modz over Acme. But, I'd say Acme is just as "safe" if not 100x more safe than Joe Bloggs tinkering in the b-yard with a Hammond and his soldering iron (I have no issue or concerns with Raptor boxes in terms of safety either).
#93 (permalink)      5/25/2015 8:08:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3894
You're totally missing my point,

You have a product that they can't even get the safe specs right for,

A product that boasts it can do this and that and all others are inferior to it,

Made by a company that isn't who you'd think of when looking for vape gear,

They have no real reputation like Kanger, Sigelei, Pioneer4U, Aspire etc do,

Have a look at the tube for the God Mod where they are showing it being dipped in a tray of fluid etc, safety isn't a concern to these people, profits are, maybe once a few are out there it will prove to be a good mod, I just don't know but on the current showing they look like a Vtech kids toy type company, the 16A Rechangeable battery thing is alarming to say the least,

As for home builders, that's another one to be wary of, someone who knows haw to solder and knows circuitry NP but some kid knocking one up in his bedroom without any understanding is plain dangerous, which tbh is my concern here, I see this company right now as a large version of the kid in his bedroom.
#94 (permalink)      5/25/2015 8:24:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
jmugwump
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 541
  • Reviews 198
  • Kudos259
+1 details
Again I ask for proof to back up your claim. Acme could be shit or they could be the next Sigelei.

If you had started with your last post, then I wouldn't have faulted you.
Wanting to buy from a reputable company is fair enough. But, over-stating the danger and badmouthing a company before knowing anything about it is another thing entirely.

As to the marketing BS you quoted. It's marketing BS. Is Coke really the "real thing"?
People should know to take everything with a grain of salt. Especially Chinglish out of China. It might make me a tad wary, but I won't write off the mod due to it (especially when even Kanger, Sigelei, P4Y and Aspire have been guilty of marketing nonsense.)

At the end of the day what you call safe is relative. A regulated mod is not exactly rocket science. It's a glorified battery holder, with a few protections and a button that bumps the wattage up/down. That's why I have no fear of using this or a DIY Raptor. As far as I'm concerned the worst that can happen is the mod will die within a week.
#95 (permalink)      5/25/2015 3:31:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3894
Good enough reply for me also,

Peace.