shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING
5-pack

Best nicotine concentration to use with the smaller holes
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/22/2015 4:34:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mhmdyseen
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos1
Best nicotine concentration to use with the smaller holes
I like tight draw so I'm closing one hole and using only one tiny hole to draw. Still 12mg nocotine seems to strong. Wondering if any of you guys do the same and whats the best nicotine concentration to use with only one of the smaller holes
#2 (permalink)      7/22/2015 9:35:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SteveLy
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 2157
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos1384
+1 details
That's a matter of personal preference. You can go lower nic or higher VG. PG is more effective than VG at delivering the nicotine. Just make sure it's not so thick that the wicking can't keep up. More than 70% VG is probably too much for this coil head unless the juice is/was thinned with a bit of distilled water.
V = dU/dq | I = dq/dt | P = dU/dt = V·I | V = I·R
#3 (permalink)      7/30/2015 5:26:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
forwardslash
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 5
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos1
+1 details
What wattage are you vaping at? For higher wattage reduce the nicotine for better flavour. I can't vape 12mg nicotine higher than about 13 watts - just tastes nasty. On 6mg or lower I can vape at higher wattage.

As you are vaporising the liquid faster you are getting more nicotine delivery at one time.

mhmdyseen wrote:

I like tight draw so I'm closing one hole and using only one tiny hole to draw. Still 12mg nocotine seems to strong. Wondering if any of you guys do the same and whats the best nicotine concentration to use with only one of the smaller holes

#4 (permalink)      7/30/2015 9:43:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MitchL
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3935
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2465
Hmmmm? I like 50/50 vg/pg with 18mg nicotine at 27w with a SKU 2010102 in my subtank mini wide open. Thats just me I guess. My favorite tobacco flavors are Halo's Long Horn, Midnight Apple, and Turkish tobacco in that order. Those flavors need to steep for a week or two before vaping, and I wouldn't really call them realistic tobacco flavors. Tribeca from them is way to sugary for my pallet. I do use Charlemagne Pipe Tobacco made by MyVapeJuice.com which is 100% VG at 18% in my subtank nano with my vertical .5 ohms atomizer, and I haven't clogged it yet, but that vaporizer hasn't been used that much. Note:(that stuff has a small throat hit, but taste and smells exactly like fine pipe tobacco and blows huge clouds.)

In all honesty, everything I have read is that when moving to sub ohm vaporizers that you should drop down to 4mg or it will taste harsh. I disagree. After the tank has sit over night, it does tend to taste bitter for the first few draws. I believe this might be the pg pulling nicotine into the wick and evaporating over night, but for smaller drags I would move to a higher resistance coil at a much lower wattage like the SKU 2664301.

I prefer to use the RBA which allows me to just change the wick if I do manage to burn it. The best flavor comes from proper wicking. Once the wick is burned, it will tast like crap until it is changed.

Edited on 7/30/2015 at 9:49 PM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      9/5/2015 2:07:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Doco436677
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 340
  • Reviews 169
  • Kudos51
Right now when you read the add for these coils , it says ship next day , I have ordered 5 packets of 1.2ohm occ coils and they have been sitting in my tray with the blue Ready To Be Shipped , wrote next to them , fastech takes our money , then takes the piss , they just send when ever they feel like , and if we ask why , we just get told many lies , not even good lies , just because they seem to be getting away with it for too long now .
#6 (permalink)      9/5/2015 2:09:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Doco436677
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 340
  • Reviews 169
  • Kudos51
I forgot to mention , it's been 3 days sitting in basket saying ready to be shipped , but still not shipped , I won't get another ticket out because they just lie , it's all fastech knows .
#7 (permalink)      9/5/2015 2:29:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wuwei.ap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 22101
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos42151
You forgot, 'Slowtech' in your monologue.
#8 (permalink)      9/5/2015 3:00:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flambo
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2913
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos1181
Doco436677 wrote:

Right now when you read the add for these coils , it says ship next day , I have ordered 5 packets of 1.2ohm occ coils and they have been sitting in my tray with the blue Ready To Be Shipped , wrote next to them , fastech takes our money , then takes the piss , they just send when ever they feel like , and if we ask why , we just get told many lies , not even good lies , just because they seem to be getting away with it for too long now .

Occasionally, the staff responding to a ticket is worse than useless.

If the chat window pops up on ur Support Tickets page-
use it-
quote ur ticket/order number-
that staff member can save u from the endless loop & delay via tickets.

Of course, there is always the option of harassing unhappy customers-
that seems to give u "Priority" with orders & tickets.

What u've described is pretty poor, & I am thinking of fully cancelling an order-
to Paypal, rather than swap the biggest ticket item for a "ships next day".

Better to pay extra locally than risk buying a pack of cigs/tobacco because a mod took more than a month to get to me,
after I paid & upgraded shipping.

I'm a noob- I only have 2 mods-
I'm buggered if my fave dies.

Cue: The Howler Monkeys & their memes

noob forever
#9 (permalink)      9/5/2015 4:22:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vape4more
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 2806
  • Reviews 113
  • Kudos1814
+1 details
I'm starting to believe your just a trouble maker flambo. Your not a noob anymore,, maybe just a nob?
#10 (permalink)      9/5/2015 4:29:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nerfologist
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 5477
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos7115
Loud and proud member of the FT EW Club. #EWindahouse - NEW ACHIEVEMENT AWARDED - Entitled Noob. Yayyyy. :D
#11 (permalink)      9/5/2015 5:11:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vape4more
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 2806
  • Reviews 113
  • Kudos1814
Have you tried using a smaller coil?

At 12mg NIC, try using something like an Aspire SKU 1871605 with a SKU 1859496 coil, at no higher than 4.5 Volts. I bet you will love it.