shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

"Hopefully" hybrid...
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      12/9/2014 3:19:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VapeVixen
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 647
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos293
+2 details
"Hopefully" hybrid...
I got the Aqua V2 "Clone" today from a China vendor that ships to the U.S. from their warehouse in the U.S. My hybrid connector would not thread on, just as Matts (suckmymod)wouldn't. I'm not sure if the threads on the 510 hybrid post were bad or, if the hybrid nut was supposed to be threaded and wasn't. Tech support, where I got it from will be sending another atty to me so, we'll see, if this will be common or, not. Just a heads up. I'm hoping that FTs crowd has no issues ;)
Otherwise, I'm still working out the wick and coil that optimizes the vape on this. At this point, a .4 dual macro (perhaps, too low for the juice-ways in this atty) , unthinned tails = dry hits, thinned tails = Leaking and flooding . I'm getting dry hits after the first or second really cloudy pull from this in tank mode , even at 25 watts.But it IS capable of really nice clouds for a tank atty.
The dripper works fine and is airy. I can't be objective about the flavor yet really. I think I may have vapers fatigue.
I'll be looking forward to seeing feedback on your builds ! ;)
"Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!”
#2 (permalink)      12/9/2014 3:28:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
YetiVapor
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 1430
  • Reviews 98
  • Kudos1055
Was the unthreaded hybrid nut a widespread problem? I could see cloners getting bad copies and just copying it straight up without actually understanding it was defective.
#3 (permalink)      12/9/2014 3:35:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hartoled
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 13576
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos10969
YetiVapor wrote:

Was the unthreaded hybrid nut a widespread problem? I could see cloners getting bad copies and just copying it straight up without actually understanding it was defective.

That's the new strategy. Make defective evaluation copies to send out to reviewers. Those guys have no scruples. They will say anything to get something that they can sell to the cloners, so they will give their thumbs up no matter what is wrong.

KF4 Leaking? For a more secure seal, replace the o-ring #16 with one that is 1.5mm cross section. SKU 1536606 or SKU 1536607
#4 (permalink)      12/9/2014 3:40:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VapeVixen
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 647
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos293
+1 details
I'm not sure, YetiVapor. There are only a few reviews so far but Matt is the only other person that I have seen mention it.The shipments from the vendor that I purchased from are just starting to arrive in mail boxes.I'll try to remember to update here on how my replacement works out.
"Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!”
#5 (permalink)      12/9/2014 4:50:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VapeVixen
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 647
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos293
+1 details
Aha! Yes, the nut itself should be threaded completely( as opposed to just the "Lip" which, is all that mine has, to catch the post threads). View at 8:10 ...
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qnj580UAuM][/url]

Edited on 12/9/2014 at 4:51 AM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      12/9/2014 4:53:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
YetiVapor
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 1430
  • Reviews 98
  • Kudos1055
[youtube] URL [/ youtube]

This guy's camera work is making me nauseous.

Edited on 12/9/2014 at 4:56 AM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      12/9/2014 5:00:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VapeVixen
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 647
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos293
Lol! Yes, sound is unnecessary too! ;)