shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

See? An honest listing.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      12/1/2014 10:45:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
neovdr
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 469
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos315
+1 details
magnaproxy wrote:

$150-and-up mods and attys? The experience is different for every person. But that being said, the originals do deliver quality and you DO get what you paid for. Period.A clone will always be a clone.A case in point, if you haven't owned a genuine brand-name bag or clothes, or if you have bought a knock off version of an original made in China, you know what I'm talking about.Functioning well enough for you? Good. I'm not against anything cloned, pirated or ripped off because I'm just as cheap as the rest of you.But it will never be an original, and that's the truth.Well, unless the clone is authentic like the Aqua II.I own a proper $300 mod+atty, and it's a dream. No exaggeration.

#32 (permalink)      12/1/2014 10:50:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
R4DLY
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 4675
  • Reviews 201
  • Kudos4113
+3 details
magnaproxy wrote:

$150-and-up mods and attys? The experience is different for every person. But that being said, the originals do deliver quality and you DO get what you paid for. Period.A clone will always be a clone.A case in point, if you haven't owned a genuine brand-name bag or clothes, or if you have bought a knock off version of an original made in China, you know what I'm talking about.Functioning well enough for you? Good. I'm not against anything cloned, pirated or ripped off because I'm just as cheap as the rest of you.But it will never be an original, and that's the truth.Well, unless the clone is authentic like the Aqua II.I own a proper $300 mod+atty, and it's a dream. No exaggeration.

I agree to a point, but if your willing to put in a little extra you can improve vastly. I got a roll of copper tape for $5 and now all my mods hit in a similar fassion, authentic and clones, we're talking about metal tubes here and as far as quality goes conductivity and finishing are the major issues, no moving or complicated parts. Theres some posts on here about omega's and onslaughts (authentic) coming without airholes drilled in them, and many authentics come with machines oil included. I had to send my original VTR back as the button stuck and fired on its own, I think each case is individual, most of this stuff is all made in the same place. Cloths for example, the UK has a few issues surround Bangladeshi manufacuters and poor working conditions, its in the news regularly and now everyone knows the budget stuff in Primark is made by the same factory as Jack Wills. It just boils down to perception and marketing, some people need brands and need to feel they've spent money. But we live in a global environment now and consumerism is king, look at Black Monday, people beating each other up for what the store says is a great deal. Like I said each item is individual and buying brands means absolutly nothing, quality is in the eye of the beholder and is based on your experience, your comparisson to other products and, more subliminally marketing. I've spent money on mods before I got to FT but when I compare the bare facts and remove the BS theres not a lot of difference in these metal tubes, its a metal tube!

Edited on 12/1/2014 at 10:51 AM. Reason: spellign sucks ass
Fear is the mind killer
#33 (permalink)      12/1/2014 10:50:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BadgerDon68
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 1665
  • Reviews 126
  • Kudos1928
+4 details

magnaproxy wrote:

New ass will be torn.

I thought he made sense tbh mate;)
He aint braggin, he is just saying that you can't compare a clone with an original. Especially if you aint got an original to compare with.
To constantly be at loggerheads with somebody who has an appreciation of originals is pointless. There are those that buy them, and those that don't. That will never change.
To despise somebody for speaking up on originals, serves no purpose. Fasttech may sell clones, but some buy clones and original.
I can't see the point of a battle line on it. It's just money Vs product.
No different to houses and cars. Neither shape the person, only personality can do that mate;)

Edited on 12/1/2014 at 10:52 AM. Reason:
Spotting the Arse Hole hiding in a room full of mutes can be rather simple. Just look for the one that can't stop talking ;)
#34 (permalink)      12/1/2014 10:56:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
goerkel
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 998
  • Reviews 706
  • Kudos375
+2 details
Robert2 wrote:

magnaproxy wrote:

New ass will be torn.

he feels like "a star is born":))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

In memoriam, my beloved Blubba, Feb2000-18.9.2015-see you soon
#35 (permalink)      12/1/2014 10:57:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
magnaproxy
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 46
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos5
+1 details
@ BadgerDon68

Thank you.

If you think I'm being elitist about buying originals, you're missing the point.
It shows appreciation and respect to those came up with the original idea.

Simply put, I think it's like one of those try-and-buy software.
If you enjoyed the cracked version, you show some respect and purchase the original.

At least, that's what I think.
#36 (permalink)      12/1/2014 11:02:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SmokeyPete
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 544
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos100
I'm still getting my authentic from the same factory. Footoon has asked the factory to stop selling them but since we ordered fast we'll get what we ordered.

"The original owner of this item Footoon has appealed the OEM (Original equipment manufacturer) factory to terminate supply to FastTech. However, please be assured your order won’t be affected and the original OEM version will be shipped to you as per the schedule."

Perhaps the 1:1 is actually the same exact unit as the OEM and FT has just been forced not to list it as an authentic or OEM. Who knows.

Edited on 12/1/2014 at 11:05 AM. Reason:
Rhubarb & Custard Crumble!
#37 (permalink)      12/1/2014 11:08:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puffdog
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 234
  • Reviews 53
  • Kudos143
+2 details
magnaproxy wrote:

the originals do deliver quality and you DO get what you paid for. Period.A clone will always be a clone.

Lolololooool, seriously dude. Ive received shittier originals from Philippines than any of the clones i have.

#38 (permalink)      12/1/2014 1:20:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Snorkelwhacker
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 8578
  • Reviews 210
  • Kudos6849
+1 details
SmokeyPete wrote:

I'm still getting my authentic from the same factory. Footoon has asked the factory to stop selling them but since we ordered fast we'll get what we ordered.

Footoon has made it clear that he manufactures these in Korea. You are not receiving an 'authentic' or 'OEM' product from FT.

You're getting a clone. It's a good clone, it seems, but it's a clone.

Rube Goldberg would get a kick out of "temperature control" devices.
#39 (permalink)      12/1/2014 1:49:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
goerkel
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 998
  • Reviews 706
  • Kudos375
Snorkelwhacker wrote:

SmokeyPete wrote:

Footoon has made it clear that he manufactures these in Korea. You are not receiving an 'authentic' or 'OEM' product from FT.

You're getting a clone. It's a good clone, it seems, but it's a clone.

I dont care if its made in africa or NORTH KOREA :))))))))))))as long it is good quality

#40 (permalink)      12/1/2014 2:00:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Snorkelwhacker
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 8578
  • Reviews 210
  • Kudos6849
+1 details
It appears to be good quality, but there's still present the delusion that people are receiving something close to an authentic product. It's amusing, really.
Rube Goldberg would get a kick out of "temperature control" devices.
#41 (permalink)      12/1/2014 2:05:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
goerkel
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 998
  • Reviews 706
  • Kudos375
+5 details
Snorkelwhacker wrote:

It appears to be good quality, but there's still present the delusion that people are receiving something close to an authentic product. It's amusing, really.

to me it does not make a difference-some clones are better than the authentics