Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+
5-pack

These can't be dry burned?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools


Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      9/17/2015 5:24:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7707
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4504
As far as flooding, I guess that will depend on how you wick it in relation to the wattage, airflow, juice thickness, much like your RTA (Taifun, Rose, etc).

The Subtank plus has a larger juice capacity but the RBA beck is the same size, just for your information.

If you really can't taste the difference between using cotton or silica wicks, then I would say rebuild your nauti coils with. However, bear in mind that the new nauti coil heads with the cotton have MUCH larger juice holes so using silica may be a problem because it may flood easy.

The solution to your problem of flooding coils because you like a tight drag? Well, try to learn to like a more airy drag. I used to be like you, but now I am used to an airy drag. However, I am also a lung hitter now.
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#12 (permalink)      9/17/2015 5:25:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bev123
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 476
  • Reviews 76
  • Kudos194
ShelaghStone wrote:
[quote]Have you used these cotton ones yet though?

Thanks sheila.
Nope, I still have a bunch of the old style coils. From reading on the net, I thought folks using cotton in rebuildables have to change it often (some even say daily!) And gawd forbid cleaning or dryburning it.

Yep, I'm still using tobacco flavors. I tried a citrus-pear flavor a while back (I like citrus and I like pears), but I'm still not used to vaping vittles :)
#13 (permalink)      9/17/2015 5:29:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Bow_Hunter
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 891
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos856
Bev123,
I bought SKU 2804100, a top fill subtank with a RBA.
Just because the build and metals are good enough to be used sub ohm, you DON'T HAVE TO.
Use a coil your mods can handle and learn the right wicking for your juice (don't fill much till you have it right).

Edited on 9/17/2015 at 6:48 PM. Reason: useless pontification
#14 (permalink)      9/17/2015 5:34:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7707
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4504
Bev123 wrote:

From reading on the net, I thought folks using cotton in rebuildables have to change it often (some even say daily!) And gawd forbid cleaning or dryburning it.




I think that may depend on the wattage you vape at. What wattage do you normally vape at?

I can take a nauti cotton coil as high as 20W depending on the juice I use, but it doesn't last long at 20W.

Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#15 (permalink)      9/17/2015 5:55:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bev123
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 476
  • Reviews 76
  • Kudos194
vapeluvr wrote:

Bev123 wrote:
From reading on the net, I thought folks using cotton in rebuildables have to change it often (some even say daily!) And gawd forbid cleaning or dryburning it.


I think that may depend on the wattage you vape at. What wattage do you normally vape at?

I can take a nauti cotton coil as high as 20W depending on the juice I use, but it doesn't last long at 20W.



Usually about 8-9 w. Each coil seems different, and they change as they age. Sometimes I end up using 10- 12 W. I back off if it tastes shitty/burnt or "off".

#16 (permalink)      9/17/2015 6:04:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7707
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4504
Well, from my experience, that's the problem with your flooding on a nauty coil on tight draw. 8-9W is pretty low. You're drawing more juice into the coil at a tight setting than the coil can vaporize. That lends to gurgling and flooding and ten possible leakage out of the air flow holes.
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#17 (permalink)      9/17/2015 6:30:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bev123
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 476
  • Reviews 76
  • Kudos194
vapeluvr wrote:

Well, from my experience, that's the problem with your flooding on a nauty coil on tight draw. 8-9W is pretty low. You're drawing more juice into the coil at a tight setting than the coil can vaporize. That lends to gurgling and flooding and ten possible leakage out of the air flow holes.



Exactly. But if I turn it up, it tastes burnt at 12+ watts. So I end up using it at 10W or less and opening the air to the largest setting, and putting up with it. When the tanks need refilled, I blow thru the tip and catch the juice on a tissue from the air intake, then put it back to await refilling. As i said before, each coil is different.
I never use these at the lowest or even the next lowest airflow setting. Always at the highest or next highest (my preference) setting.

OH, and I've been using the genuine/authentic/etc coils, though I did try some of the dual coil bdc fakes from fasttech last year.