Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+
5-pack

These can't be dry burned?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/16/2015 7:37:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bev123
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 476
  • Reviews 76
  • Kudos194
These can't be dry burned?
I have been using the older ceramic wick bvc, and reuse them by wash with water, dry a couple days, then dry burning them, and repeating the wash/dry.

It has worked well for a year. I guess these new cotton types would turn to shit if dry burned?

I guess cotton is the big hype fad, and aspire had to answer kangar's hoopla with cotton, but I'd rather have the older types.

I wonder how the clones are like SKU 1959500
#2 (permalink)      9/16/2015 8:03:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
+1 details
Have you used these cotton ones yet though?

I started off using the silica ones, using the exact same juice I am vaping with one today.
It's a Vanilla Custard and not one thing has changed in any way with it from them until now.

If I recall correctly, I believe you vape tobacco flavoured juice?
In any event, my juice, being sugary + sweet and will gunk up my own wicks on rebuildable tanks in no time, last on these, about, 3 weeks.
(my partners as I have just started to use them again but we vape the same juice)

Yet the silica ones never lasted more than 9 days.
These go 3x further.
If cost is an issue, it works out to only about $2.50 every 3 weeks if you haven't used them yet.
If you use tobacco flavours, no doubt even longer.
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#3 (permalink)      9/16/2015 8:51:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hotrod101
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2015
  • Posts 1517
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos1340
+1 details
To answer your question several people have confirmed in the comments section that these are cotton so do not dry burn them. Actually some people have claimed that the cotton falls apart even when washed so you might not even have any luck even doing just that.
Try being informed instead of just opinionated. "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up" - Jesse Jackson...(does not apply to douchebags)
#4 (permalink)      9/16/2015 9:27:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7707
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4504
+3 details
Right, you cannot dry burn them. But you can rebuild them.

As far as "hype" is concerned. Uhh, yeah. Give me a cotton wick over a silica or ceramic fiber wick anyday.

If it pains you to keep buying coils, I don't blame you. Either learn to rebuild factory coil heads or start using RTAs or clearomizers that have RBA sections like the subtank mini.
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#5 (permalink)      9/16/2015 9:53:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bev123
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 476
  • Reviews 76
  • Kudos194
vapeluvr wrote:

As far as "hype" is concerned. Uhh, yeah. Give me a cotton wick over a silica or ceramic fiber wick anyday.

If it pains you to keep buying coils, I don't blame you. Either learn to rebuild factory coil heads or start using RTAs or clearomizers that have RBA sections like the subtank mini.

I never figured out how to get the damn things apart. I reckon it probably requires some type of dies/tools to press them apart.

#6 (permalink)      9/16/2015 9:59:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7707
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4504
try youtube
#7 (permalink)      9/16/2015 10:01:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26248
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos21038
+2 details
Bev123 wrote:

I never figured out how to get the damn things apart. I reckon it probably requires some type of dies/tools to press them apart.

If you sort that out you may be able to rebuild them with silica if that is your cup of tea.

It is time we stop accepting the things we cannot change, and start changing the things we cannot accept...
#8 (permalink)      9/17/2015 2:59:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bev123
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 476
  • Reviews 76
  • Kudos194
vapeluvr wrote:

Thanks. I've thought about subtanks, but I don't have anything that will fire that low. I do have some mechs, but have been using kicks in them. I wonder if the draw on subtanks might be too loose for me. I have a kayfun and rose, and am ordering a taifun. I use these on the kicked mechs; I like these type atomizers, but use a nautilus on a 15w sigelei zmax much of the time. I can load a several of them up and not have to mess with them for a few days, just switch attys when empty and/or change batteries.

I still have a bunch of the old style coils, so plenty of time to figure out what to do when they are gone and I sadly dump all my nautilii.

Forgot to mention; I've used cotton in the rose, but really can't see much difference from silica except they need changing more often. I guess I just don't have a keen sense of taste:)

Edited on 9/17/2015 at 3:02 PM. Reason:
#9 (permalink)      9/17/2015 3:13:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7707
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4504
As far as batteries not being able to "fire that low", that's not an issue. A subtank mini comes with an RBA head so you build it to whatever ohm you want.

However, if you already have RTA's like a taifun, kayfun, etc, no need for a subtank unless you have shinyitis.
#10 (permalink)      9/17/2015 5:02:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bev123
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 476
  • Reviews 76
  • Kudos194
Thanks! Its not the batteries (I could get new batteries). Been using the nautiluses on sigelie and vamo, and they won't fire at low resistance. I use the kayfun and rose on mechs with kicks. They have the same type low resistance cutoff.

I thought about subtanks, but will they flood if the air control is shut down for a tighter draw? Nautilus sure does.

If I tried a subtank, I would buy the full size 25mm version because it holds more juice and the larger size might make it easier to build (I have a disability that makes it very hard and slow to rebuild the kayfun and especially the rose)

I've only been vaping about 1.5 years and all my stuff is obsolete! Damn aspire ... they're going on my shitlist! Honest, its not shinyitis.
#11 (permalink)      9/17/2015 5:24:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7707
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4504
As far as flooding, I guess that will depend on how you wick it in relation to the wattage, airflow, juice thickness, much like your RTA (Taifun, Rose, etc).

The Subtank plus has a larger juice capacity but the RBA beck is the same size, just for your information.

If you really can't taste the difference between using cotton or silica wicks, then I would say rebuild your nauti coils with. However, bear in mind that the new nauti coil heads with the cotton have MUCH larger juice holes so using silica may be a problem because it may flood easy.

The solution to your problem of flooding coils because you like a tight drag? Well, try to learn to like a more airy drag. I used to be like you, but now I am used to an airy drag. However, I am also a lung hitter now.