shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Anyone received yet?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      7/22/2014 7:04:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
_Matt
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 467
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos201
I took it apart cause the button wouldn't move and if i put an atomizer on, it auto fired as soon as it was screwed down enough.
#12 (permalink)      7/22/2014 7:16:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
_Matt
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 467
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos201
I just ordered some of these 1140101 instead, works for me and ill have some spares.
#13 (permalink)      7/23/2014 4:22:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
_Matt
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 467
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos201
+2 details
Its a great mod from what I can tell without firing it. The pins were slightly tarnished when it arrived but ive cleaned those up even though i can't use it. Its all adjustable too. The only fault i can pick with it other than the broken magnets is the 'pants' sleeve spins without restriction even though you've screwed down the switch housing as far as it can go. Aesthetically makes no difference of course.

The engraving is ok, about the same as any other clone really. The machining is amazing for a clone, all threading is 100%. Small issue getting some of the atomizers with larger 510 connections, requiring a strong, slow and very deliberate attachment of an atomizer. All the pins are silver plated. I haven't yet figured out how to put the switch on the bottom yet, if you can.

Edited on 7/23/2014 at 4:37 AM. Reason:
#14 (permalink)      7/23/2014 4:28:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
_Matt
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 467
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos201
+3 details
#15 (permalink)      7/24/2014 7:20:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BulletMonkey
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 289
  • Reviews 76
  • Kudos199
+1 details
Just received mine. Very nice, though I'm not sure it's hitting as hard as other mods, it works fine though.
I assembled the button part upside down at first, the whole top section, and the pants didn't spin, mod wouldn't fire though :S Then I noticed button was upside down, changed it and the pants spin, no biggy, can just shove a piece of paper or something between body and pants if it gets annoying.

Button seems fine, nice action, it wasn't quite popping fully out to start with and I thought shit, it's not aligned with top hole correct. While loosening top pin it popped fully out and stayed that way when I screwed connection pin back down.
Buttery smooth switch now, twists and locks fine. Great quality, really happy with it atm.

I don't own the other poldiac on FT so can't compare. I also have never measured voltage drop, so can't tell you about that.

Looking forward to this being my most used mod.
#16 (permalink)      7/24/2014 7:33:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BulletMonkey
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 289
  • Reviews 76
  • Kudos199
+1 details
Just tried my kick, I think it's a Sigelei and it's sanded down for my other mods, fits nice in this and works well.

Edited on 7/24/2014 at 12:36 PM. Reason:
#17 (permalink)      7/24/2014 4:20:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
emiliana
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 6444
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos6405
+1 details
Got mine today. What can I say.. It works.. barely. Its not much better than the other version, in my opinion. I swiched the dripper over to the copper 4nine. OMG what a difference.
I had hoped this would be better, but no.. not mine anyway. It looks good though.. :)
Maybe its possible to do something about it, but I have not taken it apart. I really hope its just this one, but I can not truly recommend this mod. If there is any changes, I will update.
#18 (permalink)      8/2/2014 12:04:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hogman
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 86
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos26
Samee her.
Got mine, the button was a little tight.
Took it all apart and lubed up, now the button is ok.
My other issue is that the 510 is kinda tight, and that some atties get a gap, despite screwing the 510 adjuster all the way down.

Ill work alittle on it and make it work :-)
Steel, treads etc otherwise is good.
#19 (permalink)      8/2/2014 12:22:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dave_Kat
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 2416
  • Reviews 114
  • Kudos2001
From way back I liked the Poldiac's looks and recessed side fire button. Almost pulled the trigger on mixed $34 buck one back in like January. Most expensive FT Mod at the time. Thought maybe got bugs sorted but it still seems 'cursed' with issues. Drag. It is a very sexy clean looking Mod.

Late,
#20 (permalink)      8/19/2014 6:36:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
_Matt
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 467
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos201
I received the magnets i ordered for it today, they were a little weak but it fit 2 on each side and continues to fire so its back to as strong as you'd probably want it, however i get the feeling it should be strong as often if i adjust the 510 pin half a millimeter too high the button grabs and will not fully release.

I hope it will wear in a little to prevent this...

I suspect the spring in the bottom cap sucks and will replace it with something perhaps more conductive as well.