shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING
10-pack

I had just purchased 5 pks of 5 from FT..now they offer 10pks
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/6/2014 8:22:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
River_Lizard
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 221
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos104
+1 details
I had just purchased 5 pks of 5 from FT..now they offer 10pks
Guess I'll throw a couple more in my cart at these prices. 1.76 each is a damn good price. And once I figure out how to remove the outer jacket of the coil...I'll start rebuilding them myself. I believe the jacket with the holes in it is only pressed on to the base, if I can rig something to pull it away without damaging it, I should be able to rebuild the inside coil and then re-install the outside jacket again.
#2 (permalink)      5/6/2014 9:06:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31560
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos62413
The only way to get the outer sleeve off is cutting it with a Dremel.

But if you clean and dry-burn them regularly they last months for each atomizer.

I been using the same 3 in rotation for 4 1/2 months now and still work like new.

By the way I have 2 iClear 30s tanks and only bought a 5 pack atomizers in January.

I also make my own juice which is much cleaner then premade juices (don't gunk my coils up) and can go several days without rinse and a dry burn.

Edited on 5/6/2014 at 9:08 PM. Reason:
https://i.imgur.com/OSS6yni.jpg
#3 (permalink)      5/6/2014 9:19:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
J_Sickness
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 682
  • Reviews 89
  • Kudos480
Why not get a rebuild-able tank?
it would take allot less effort... and would save you money in the long run...

Kayfun, or any RDA (if you want to drip)
#4 (permalink)      5/6/2014 9:32:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31560
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos62413
+2 details
J_Sickness

I like my iClear 30S's for work as I am in construction and it came with my VTR and fits in the protective ring.

I had to return my VTR version 1 and FT sent me a second iClear 30S and adapter for free with my new version 2 VTR.

So it is really cheap for me to use them and more of a convenience then a glass RBA or scratch up my nicer items.

Also a lot less effort to pop on a ready built atomizer then build one and like I said they last forever.

So I use my RDA's at home for mixing/testing flavors and if going out my RBA. ;)

Edited on 5/6/2014 at 9:38 PM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      5/8/2014 3:46:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
River_Lizard
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 221
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos104
+2 details
Just FYI....I took one of the coils apart yesterday. No cutting tools needed, all parts are pressed on. There's 12 pieces that make up each coil. I might attempt to rebuild one and see how it goes.

Viking... I also work industrial and the VTR is perfect for it. I'm considering purchasing a second one just to keep as a spare in case my first one takes a dump. Just watching to see if they get below $50.00 before I purchase a second one.

I will be trying the X.1 if FT ever starts offering it at a good price. The request has been submitted to them but no signs of it yet.
That's the only drawback to the VTR, they designed the tank protective slot to 19mm instead of 22mm which would have given a bunch more options on tanks.

I'm considering redoing the inside of the case they sent with the VTR. Since I don't use the extension tube at all, I'd like to make the following items fit in the case: VTR, extra tank, 2 extra coils and a battery. So when I travel I have most of what I need in the case except the charger and my juice.

Edited on 5/8/2014 at 4:03 AM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      5/8/2014 8:27:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31560
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos62413
River_Lizard

That's the only drawback to the VTR, they designed the tank protective slot to 19mm instead of 22mm which would have given a bunch more options on tanks.

You can cut the protective ring off if you want. ;)

Look here on how to modify the VTR

#7 (permalink)      5/8/2014 11:41:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Balistix
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 705
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos198
+2 details
I have to say the 30s is also one of my favorite tanks, these carts seem to last forever and there easy to deal with. Never ever get leaks. They do suck through juice but so does the nautilus, and those nautilus replacements go bad fast.
#8 (permalink)      7/4/2014 4:08:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
River_Lizard
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 221
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos104
+1 details
Viking,

No can do, I won't be taking anything such as a saw, drill, etc..to my VTR's protective ring, that's one of the reasons I purchased it, mainly for my work environment. This device is made like a tank and I need something like that where I work. It's held up great so far, yes it's a drawback that I can't use other types of tanks due to size limit on the ring but the Pros out weigh the Cons with this unit.
Ive given up on attempting to rebuild the 30s coils there's just too many pieces to the puzzle of reinstalling them all correctly and not have it short-out on me.
As Balistix stated....they last forever and they never leak.....that right there is about 90% of the battle with these types of tank problems. The 30s is a very good design in my opinion, other than the fact it's a top coil.....come on Fasttech...get the X.1 listed!!!
#9 (permalink)      7/22/2014 8:11:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
petrouci
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos5
30 s resistance to disassemble, for the skirt, insert a copper tube type 8/10 inside and multiple pliers and wrench on the base or vice