shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

How do the etchings/engravings look on this.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/30/2014 4:49:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
markdpman
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
How do the etchings/engravings look on this.
Etching/engraving looks light and shallow. Can anyone who has gotten this V2 confirm what their mods engravings look like?
#2 (permalink)      7/3/2014 4:04:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
joaopra
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 4795
  • Reviews 72
  • Kudos4101
I have one on the way, so in a few weeks I can answer that.

Personally I don't give a flying #$%& if it has engravings or not, as long as it has good machining and works properly.
In the pictures they look kind of subtle an shallow that is a plus for me, easy to sand off.
Using "regulation" as poorly disguised prohibition is criminal. Vaping is not smoking, reduces harm and saves lives.
#3 (permalink)      7/5/2014 12:08:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
secoral
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos4
+2 details
Engravings are on both tubes. They are light ones, not really noticable but they are engraved, not painted. Most parts look good and the Atomo V2 works great. Also the tubes fit in each other perfectly. The finish is not as mint as the stingray clone but looks perfect from the outside, works as well as my stingray and it never missfire. Oh yeah it's less then 20$. A must buy I would say but I will try it more before reviewing it!
#4 (permalink)      7/9/2014 1:25:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bensooft
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos3070
+1 details
Just got mine. i second everything secoral says abt this mod.

The laser etching is extremely light, nearly not there. It's one of those mods that depend on a delicacy of fit and finish to bring its esthetics across, and it gets it.

In the hand it's just a fine brushed stainless steel tube with three small vent holes and 2 bands of brass colour to keep it from monotony. The joins are great, they're hard to see. The brass bits look more like bands of colour in the steel than separate sections.

In 18650 mode there are 2 steel tubes, and you can barely tell where that join is. It looks more like a light scratch when you hold it close to the eye.

Magnetic switch is very nice. Millimeter throw, very light.

edit: It's longer than i expected. Slightly longer than the Nemmy when both are in 18650 mode.

Edited on 7/9/2014 at 1:29 PM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      7/9/2014 1:38:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
joaopra
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 4795
  • Reviews 72
  • Kudos4101
Mine should arrive soon as long as customs let it slip by.

From your descriptions seems really nice - Is it a photo do much to ask while I wait for mine? Thanks !
Using "regulation" as poorly disguised prohibition is criminal. Vaping is not smoking, reduces harm and saves lives.
#6 (permalink)      7/9/2014 2:23:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bensooft
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos3070
+1 details
Ha! joaopra you're pretty quick. i was abt to type in the probs in a separate post. --i haven't the camera working today, mebbe tomorrow?

It's not a perfect mod. i guess for the price one must expect imperfect stuff. The top cap on mine's damaged along one top edge. It's very visible. The part shouldn't have made it thru quality control.

Unless the last steps in surface finishing is done with the whole thing assembled together, and they messed up there. In that case, then i guess the factory's not into rejecting too many complete units.

The switch button doesn't sit flat, because the brass screw that both holds it in and serves as battery contact, is a bit malformed. That also shoulda failed quality control.

i can file the screw, can't do anything abt the top cap.

edit: this mod uses an adjustable 510 pin to make fine adjustments for battery size: i'm not a fan of this method. Like the Nemmy better for that, where the 510 center pin adjusts for atty connector length, and the bottom switch is screwed in and out to match battery lengths.

more edit: hm, ok, just cleaned and looked at the 18350 tube, and that's not so good. Bands near top and bottom of tube. Looks like that's where the tube's thinned inwards more than the brush finishing will even out, so bands of roughness remain.

even more edit: Feels like in 18650 mode it hits at least as hard as the non-1:1 brass 4nine i also received today.

It is slightly less than 22mm diameter. The non-1:1 Tobh i have is 21.7mm and it sits perfectly flush with this mod, whereas the Magma is a smidge wider.

Edited on 7/9/2014 at 4:28 PM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      7/10/2014 5:28:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
joaopra
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 4795
  • Reviews 72
  • Kudos4101
I see those are mostly appearance blemishes, hope mine comes spotless :b

Glad to see that despite that it functions good.

I ordered a TOBH 1:1 to go with it
#8 (permalink)      7/10/2014 9:20:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bensooft
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos3070
$0.03 rebate earned+1 details
As requested, here's a foto, with the Tobh non-1:1, which is the one that fits flush.

edit: that's the damage under the index finger. Doesn't look too bad here because of the exposure.

Edited on 7/10/2014 at 9:25 AM. Reason:
#9 (permalink)      8/1/2014 6:19:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
joaopra
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 4795
  • Reviews 72
  • Kudos4101
On mine, the engravings are pretty faint
#10 (permalink)      8/2/2014 7:55:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bensooft
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos3070
They are on mine too; looks kinda half-erased. In the foto the evening sunlight picked it out, is all.

When you look at it up close, it does look like that's the way it was meant to be.