shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Anyone received this?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/25/2014 10:45:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
grayscale117
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 682
  • Reviews 338
  • Kudos421
Anyone received this?
Did anyone buy this and receive it yet?
Snorkelwhacker - "Battery safety advocates tend to resemble abstinence only sex-ed advocates: "If you have sex, you'll catch AIDS and DIE!""
#2 (permalink)      6/10/2014 3:09:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
luques
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 121
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos135
There is already a review by meShedid (thanks!) but it would be great to read some more opinions from owners of this mod.

This Atomo 2 reminds me a bit to the GP Paps (in this case brass) which is awesome, if this Atomo 2 is on par or nearly as good it could be a very good buy (in my country it costs a little bit more than double the price!)

Thanks in advance :)

Regards

Edited on 6/10/2014 at 3:12 AM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      7/20/2014 4:02:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Barhoom
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 460
  • Reviews 71
  • Kudos2487
Not bad, but definitively not best deal on FT, due to the too long course to lock the switch and a significative voltage drop.

Reversing the nature, the order of things, is not evolution; it's only corruption.
#4 (permalink)      7/21/2014 5:21:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheCrimsonVaper
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 103
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos21
Mine looked like it had been dropped before being packaged (deep scratches on top cap). Looks nice with my Magma but them low ohms make the button hot. Definitely not FT's best mod. GPaps is much nicer albeit a little wobbly when standing up.
#5 (permalink)      7/21/2014 11:21:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
secoral
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos4
Indeed. To admit all, I was kind of pleasantly surprised upon first uses. But this thing ain't sturdy on the long run and yes, it suffers from such a voltage drop after a while because the magnets are bad quality and the pins are even worst. After 2 weeks, this mod started failing really bad and now, I took back out my damage stingray (yes I had to replace the pin by a nail and put some rubber to lock the plastic ring into place but...) and wow, the hard vaping started again! Can't compose with the hot button, the rough edges and the under par hit that this atomo gives after 3 weeks. Now it's garbage...not a good deal after all.
#6 (permalink)      8/1/2014 6:23:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
joaopra
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 4795
  • Reviews 72
  • Kudos4101
I've received mine, it is vaping nicely if I press the button hard.

A lighter press is causing sparks like a firework... I think the problem is in the negative pin since the threads that make it to the button are dirty. I need to clean that better
Using "regulation" as poorly disguised prohibition is criminal. Vaping is not smoking, reduces harm and saves lives.
#7 (permalink)      8/1/2014 6:46:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheCrimsonVaper
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 103
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos21
After 2 weeks of use and constant analysis, I think Ive found the cause. I place a washer shaped piece of electrical tape over the top of the button where the centre pin threads into and now it seems the current is forced to flow into the button sheath instead of the button itself. Hits harder too. I think this part was made particularly large with magnets in mind ans is the cause of the flaw.
#8 (permalink)      8/3/2014 11:26:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
secoral
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos4
Yes, I am a bit disapointed with this one because it has a lot of potential but also a lot of flaws. Since I put a magnet on the positive side of the battery and a small o-ring on the button (to disminish the wooble), it works kind of nicely again, no more hot buttons in general and no dry hits. Still doesn't reach the meere power of some other mods I own but does the job for now... Vaping at 1.1 ohm, i often feel like I was vaping at 1.5, this atomo has some voltage drop...Bought some nemesis magnets and will change the initial ones asap if it fits might improve the conductivity a bit. But guess that when the GP paps arrives, this atomo might reach the museum.
#9 (permalink)      8/5/2014 3:26:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
joaopra
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 4795
  • Reviews 72
  • Kudos4101
I fixed mine, see this other thread:
https://www.fasttech.com/forums/1693300/t/1351339/how-i-solved-my-sparking-switch
Using "regulation" as poorly disguised prohibition is criminal. Vaping is not smoking, reduces harm and saves lives.