shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING
100-pack

Harsh as
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      8/2/2014 12:53:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27278
The ONLY trouble I have had from them, and I do mean ONLY, is the welds themselves not having a strong enough bond, leading to broken off nr wires around 10% of the time (10 or so out of every 100).

Methinks that possibly inconsistency in your wicking material, or possibly imperfections in the way the coil was wrapped could be causing this for you guys also. Wicking is by far the most common cause of burnt taste, followed by overpowered wires, poor airflow, and poorly wrapped coils.

Are you guys using silica, cotton, steel, or ceramic for wicks? I have found that it is VERY difficult to get these to work well with silica and even ceramic wicks because they simply can't make the juice flow fast enough for the thin wires. This can be solved by twisting 1 or more of them together, running them in parallel (candy cane coil), or switching to a much better wick material like organic, chemical free cotton...

Edited on 8/2/2014 at 1:12 AM. Reason:
Woah, mama!
#32 (permalink)      8/2/2014 10:20:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sicilian
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos0
I did say it could be a build issue, I guess user error would've been a better choice of words. Yeah it's a bitch when they snap, happens to me too sometimes. Right now I use silica, cotton (organic and thrice boiled in distilled water), silica and cotton together, and occasionally eco wool. depends on what juice I'm about to use. That and plus it's always interesting to try out new things. Side note: did not know you can change the ohms by twisting the wire, how did you come across that?
#33 (permalink)      8/2/2014 12:43:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27278
+1 details
Ohms law and resistane wire ;-) when you double the wire and twist it, you half the resistance.

Example: 1 nr-r-nr wire = 2.5oHm in this scenario. When you twist 2 of them together, the resistance will be 1.25oHm. If you used 3 wires twisted it should meter @0.83oHm.

You can also use them in parallel (candy cane coil), for the same effect. To do this you would wrap a coil with more than 1 wire with each wire parallel and wrapped around the same post (this would look like a regular coil but you twist the lead wires only together for easy installation.

Here's a thread about building chimney coils that illustrates how to go about a parallel (candy cane coil). If you extrapolate the information in the thread you can also get an idea of what a twisted wire would look like at least by observing the twisted leads in the OP. The method in the listed thread is applicable for regular res wire or nr-r-nr welded wires.

The theme of the thread is chimney coils, but again, if you extrapolate the information from the build, you may see that the biggest difference from a standard coil is just the way it wicks.

I would suggest that you might consider locating a source of Certified organic, unbleached, chemical free cotton. If you get the right stuff, you never have to pre-treat it, as it comes ready to vape. I like "Moonrider's" vaping cotton sold on fleabay by the seller Vapor200k. Great cotton, great price for small quantities. There is little have tried that can even come close to the versatility and ease of using good cotton.
Woah, mama!