shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Mine arrived - not impressed - pics/breakdown inside
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      5/5/2014 7:45:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The4thpower3
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 536
  • Reviews 125
  • Kudos1244
Yeah my center post turns and slides up and down. It's trash. It's not worth trying to ship it back to FT for replacement. I've got it working - so I'll just leave it alone. It's far from my favorite atty anyhow. It will make its way to the trash soon enough. More attys inbound (and not enough mods).
#12 (permalink)      5/5/2014 11:40:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andyk
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 10955
  • Reviews 680
  • Kudos9349
I got mine just an hour ago and that whole pack on right in 2nd pic is missing. The one that has the screwdriver, coil/wick, screws and O-rings. But that's not a big deal. I have enough of everything. In any case, I've never used the stock wick/coil, always throw it away because they use some reaaaaally thin wire (perhaps 34 AWG or 36 AWG - What use is that thin wire? Pointless).

But all in all, can't blame FT for this messup bro, it's the manufacturer who's a dickhead. What I really didn't like is the juice well which is just about 3 or 4 mm deep. Maybe less? Will be annoying to see the juice flow out of the airflow slot/holes.

It feels like these clone manufacturers don't vape themselves. Nothing can get more annoying, you (manufacturers) don't even know what you are designing, ridiculous!

Oh well, the original is ten times more expensive. So I guess, I'm happy with a clone that has a few flaws.
My Location: Bharat (aka IN) .. Namaste /\ .. ***TC doesn't work for me as it's an imperfect solution to a problem that I never even had*** - Sossij
#13 (permalink)      5/5/2014 11:41:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andyk
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 10955
  • Reviews 680
  • Kudos9349
Let me build up mine and see what else is out of place lol ..

Thanks for the detailed review The4thpower3!
My Location: Bharat (aka IN) .. Namaste /\ .. ***TC doesn't work for me as it's an imperfect solution to a problem that I never even had*** - Sossij
#14 (permalink)      5/6/2014 12:36:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Treezy
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 155
  • Reviews 66
  • Kudos116
I got mine today, the holes are mega over kill ( .16 quad coil built on it and 1 hole open is still plenty). There is plenty of room to wick, but if you over saturate that shit WILL leak.

Nothing loose on mine, super easy to build on.

Overall I like it and will use it. One of the better RDAs on here.

If I could have smaller airholes setup the same, but high on the juice well, and a copper contact... It'd be fuckin amazing
#15 (permalink)      5/6/2014 1:08:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andyk
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 10955
  • Reviews 680
  • Kudos9349
Building the IGO-M using 0.35 wire and organic cotton. There were a few complications but overall, I'm impressed with it.

It is better if you build as in the image below. I think that's how The4thpower3 has built his IGO-M. The left negative should to right positive and the right negative to left positive. Thankfully, my positive post doesn't move like The4thpower3's move up and down. Mine is fixed.

There's a flaw in the negative posts. The holes in the posts are not drilled properly. The below negative post has a correct hole setting. It is inwards. The coil end goes straight through it.

However, the other post's hole is outwards. It bends the coil end:

0.35 wire, dual coil, 7 wraps on both coils, 0.54 OHM:

Awesome vapor production:

The thickest clouds I have built so far. However, I'm using only half hole. 3 holes is an over-kill!

Seriously, 1 hole is more than enough. 3 holes are waaaaay too much! And, I have to take direct lung hit even with half hole. Can't take it in mouth and then inhale. Direct inhale and exhale. But yeah, vapor/flavor is awesome!

Edited on 5/6/2014 at 1:27 AM. Reason:
#16 (permalink)      5/6/2014 1:55:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Treezy
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 155
  • Reviews 66
  • Kudos116
+1 details
So I rebuilt this with a coil wrapped so small/tight I couldn't wick through it, and mashed cotton on the back side so it's touching. I believe I did 7 wraps on 26g kanthal, can't remember the bit I used but its the smallest I've got. Dual coil .18 ohm. This build makes me appreciate the overkill airflow and gives beastly clouds.

I've got a lot of experimenting to do yet, but figured I'd share.
#17 (permalink)      5/6/2014 2:12:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andyk
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 10955
  • Reviews 680
  • Kudos9349
I'd prefer Omega over IGO-M .. Omega has one big hole and a nice juice well on the deck :)
#18 (permalink)      5/13/2014 5:22:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
keith.t
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 1807
  • Reviews 109
  • Kudos4143
+1 details
I must have got lucky, mine came today then I saw this post & decided to Inspect mine again. Can't find anything to whinge about at all. Murphy's Law I suppose, Someone had to get a good one sooner or later:)
#19 (permalink)      5/13/2014 7:25:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapede
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 31
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos60
+2 details
Today my IGO-M also arrived, the inside of the cap is manually deburred now, you can see the marks. Holes in the mid-post are ok, airholes are placed in the correct height. So it seems, they improved it a bit after the complaints. Here's a picture of my IGO-M:

P.S.: The yellow dots on the cap are pollen from the garden, we have a lot of them atm. It came clean from FT.
#20 (permalink)      5/13/2014 8:53:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The4thpower3
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 536
  • Reviews 125
  • Kudos1244
Well, looks like vapede got lucky :)
I'm not going to send mine back.
I'd probably waste my money and time shipping it back and waiting for FT to send me a new one a couple months later.
Which they probably wouldn't anyways - they'd just claim I modified it and tell me to go fuck myself (nicely of course).

I'm super happy with my newly acquired Tobeco Tobh (not from FT).
If you want a cheap Tobh - I can say the Tobeco is excellent :)
I got mine with for $15 and got a free clear top cap and sleeve with it.
#21 (permalink)      5/16/2014 6:15:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mr_rabbit91
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
The4thpower3 where did you get your drip tip? :)