shopping cart empty
Regular single coil attys work?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/15/2014 11:52:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LukeTheDuke
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 47
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
Regular single coil attys work?
Same as title

Do they work in this? Dont like them duals

Tanks fir infos
#2 (permalink)      3/15/2014 5:21:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SquidSquad
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos4
+1 details
yeah they do i tried them! ... at least in the regular protank 3 i'd guess its the same can't say for certain tho.
#3 (permalink)      3/16/2014 2:09:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jock73
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 150
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos34
I prefer single coils to duel coils.
In Karanka We Trust!
#4 (permalink)      4/4/2014 1:00:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
jombo53
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 114
  • Reviews 52
  • Kudos42
+1 details
Yes they work just use 2 of the rubber caps over the top of the coil if you don't they will sometimes get juice in the airway laying down. I actually rebuilt 1 with cotton and what a mess that was took me an hour and still I didn't trust it and I rebuild a Kanger coil in about 3 mins but man that DC is a pain. For me singles with cotton are as good or better than DC with wick. I have several of these and the DC Evod2 I use single coil cotton in all of em. And these are just like the mini pro 2 very good least for me. All I use is 1.5ml tanks Evod, min pros, h2s, h2 led, etc.
#5 (permalink)      5/8/2014 5:23:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Cecilou
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 66
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos21
+3 details
No it doesn't work !

- The Evod 1/mini protank 2/protank 1 and 2/... coils are single coil and don't have the same size.
- The Evod 2/Evod Glass/mini protank 3/aerotank/... coils are dual coil so they are longer.

You can screw both of them (single coil and dual coil) in the base of the mini Protank 3 (same base as the mini protank 2, only the color changes) BUT the part you screw in the base that hold the glass IS DIFFERENT than the mini protank 2 one ! You will get leak if you use a single coil with this part !

THE SOLUTION to use single coil in this mini protank 3 would be to use just this part from the mini protank 2 (the part in the 2nd circle from the bottom on the right in the image, with "Kangertech" written on it)

With this specific part from the mini protank 2 that you can screw on the mini protank 3, then you CAN use a single coil without leaking and fitting perfectly.

The OTHER SOLUTION to use single coil on mini protank 3 would be to rebuild the dual coil as a single coil, using extra wick to empty the hole in the entry of juice under the little silicone cap in order to avoid leaking.

You can see the difference between single and dual coil on the picture below (took from Google image) :

You see better the difference between single and dual coil on that image : http://www.sun-vapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Protank-3-head-comparison.jpg

Edited on 5/8/2014 at 5:30 AM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      5/28/2014 4:29:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Voodoooodaddy
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos1
+1 details
Single coils work fine. No leaking even without double silicone gaskets.
#7 (permalink)      5/28/2014 9:47:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Cecilou
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 66
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos21
+2 details
Hello,

As I said before : normally the single coil won't work with the dual coil clearo because there is a gap between the chimney.

BUT I wanted to add to what I said before that I have tested the tip of the double silicon and it works perfectly for me ! Just use a single coil but put a second little silicon cap (from another single coil) on it in order to reproduce the lenght of the silicon cap of the dual coil.

I'm currently trying this "double silicon technique" with my Evod Glass (same as mini protank 3), and it works perfectly !! No leaks at all. It works just like a regular atty !

That's really cool because it solutionate this problem of the dual coil which are more expansive and consume more e-liquids... With this technique the Evod 2/mini protank 3 becomes just PERFECT.