shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Got mine in the mail[Full review]
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/18/2014 7:18:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
h0y0ung
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 52
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos16
+5 details
Got mine in the mail[Full review]
Here's my review of the IGO-W W/O Drip-Tip.

Compared to the other IGO-W(1431800), this one is smaller by 0.3mm, it's not much but it's a noticeable difference for me on my Nemesis mod. The machine work on this isn't as good as the 1431800, and top cap does not fit smoothly out of the box(I had to file down the edges on the lower deck's outter edges).

The post hole's orientation is not perfect, but it's straight enough to not cause any troubles when building. Post hole is 1mm wide and it is wide enough to pass 5 strands of 28gauge kenthal a1 wires though a single hole(plenty big enough IMO, but it does have enough room to get drilled out to bigger size).

Top cap's air hole is a joke at best. The hole height on the cap is only 0.5mm away from the lip on the build deck, which means if you use the existing hole as a pilot hole to drill out, your drilled hole will laps below the deck lip rather quickly. And the size of the hole is not even big enough to pass a single strand of 28gauge kenthal wire through(talk about super tight draw here!) So to me, top cap is a total fail and requires more work than it's worth because you now have to measure and drill new hole above the existing hole and over lap the existing hole to have a proper functioning top cap that won't drive you nuts. Given the size of the hole, it has to be drilled out.

Out of the box, it did come with the instructional paper and the screw driver as it has stated on the content description.

O-rings used in this does seal the top-cap correctly, but I feel that it's not that good of a O-ring. The measurement of the O-ring is 17mm O.D. x 15mm I.D. x 1mm W. How ever, the 16mm O.D. x 14mm I.D. x 1mm W O-ring (1536602) does fit in here and seals just fine(This O-ring size also fits the 1431800). With that being said, the grooves for the O-ring seal is too wide, so perhaps the 16mm O.D. x 13mm I.D. x 1.5mm W o-ring would work better(1536606) for this particular IGO-W. I've also test fitted this O-ring 1208503 and it does indeed fit very well(same size as the original 17mm O.D. x 15mm I.D. x 1mm W.)

Over all, I would buy this one again if in need. But that's only because I don't mind drilling out the holes on the top-cap myself. But if you can get past that fact, This is a great dripper for the price.

Hope this helps someone out that's looking to buy this item.

Edited on 3/18/2014 at 7:25 PM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      3/18/2014 8:27:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lowtech
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 860
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos479
Shit thats a huge hole you got :)

Thanks for the close up, at least its got decent proportions over all, drilling the cap could be done just by shaving of the upper portion I guess? How is the center post? stiff enough ?
#3 (permalink)      3/19/2014 2:53:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
h0y0ung
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 52
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos16
Drilling should be done by marking a small dent above the existing hole and drill over the existing hole. that way you still have that 0.5mm of gap between the top of the build deck and the opening of the hole so you don't have juice leaking out.

Center post stiff enough? I think I know what you are asking for..but yes, it doesn't move around(no side to side play) and I just tried to push the center post down with my screw driver...didn't budge.

also on the side note, even the 0.3mm different of the IGO-W's offered here, the 20mm cap does not and will not fit on the 20.3mm IGO-W. The Nimbus clone(V5 dripper) cap does fit on this IGO-W, but is feels bit loose(just not as tight fit)
#4 (permalink)      3/19/2014 9:36:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lowtech
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 860
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos479
Good to know, thanks