shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING
5-pack

How/When to know the time to replace?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      12/13/2014 8:30:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pocariboy
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 1952
  • Reviews 323
  • Kudos655
How/When to know the time to replace?
Generally, I know when a coil needs replacing by just looking at it. It's wire has become dark black and the wick has almost but disappeared.

However, with these coils, even in wash them before each refill, it's hard to distinguish just exactly when they need to be chucked out. When the Ohms go all wonkey, that's surely one indicator, but unless I take it apart (which ends in disaster often) I'm reluctant to change them as the flavour from the juice just keeps on vaping. Even 6 hours a day, seven days a week.

So, any ideas on what to look for our notice before changing these specific coils would be much appreciated. What to look for?

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Edited on 12/13/2014 at 8:32 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      12/13/2014 8:43:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zentrucker
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 937
  • Reviews 154
  • Kudos590
When one of the coils stop working, usually the lower one. Mine last for months after cleaning and burning. You can pull the top cap off and some flavor wick will fall out, but it will not hurt the coils to clean them.
Peace be with you ...
#3 (permalink)      12/13/2014 8:52:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pocariboy
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 1952
  • Reviews 323
  • Kudos655
zentrucker wrote:

When one of the coils stop working, usually the lower one. Mine last for months after cleaning and burning. You can pull the top cap off and some flavor wick will fall out, but it will not hurt the coils to clean them.

Yeah, mine seem to go on and on forever. And I think I'm only changing them when they really don't need changing. Like I said earlier, I've changed a few without thinking twice as the Ohms jumped up to 5 or more.

Nevertheless, thanks for the reply zentrucker. But, how do you know when the lower coils stop working? Is it visible? Or, do you touch it and feel for heat?

Thanks again...

#4 (permalink)      12/13/2014 9:18:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zentrucker
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 937
  • Reviews 154
  • Kudos590
Like you said, the ohms will double to 4 or more - so they were done. Usually the top will still glow with high ohms, just hard to see the lower one in the housing.
Peace be with you ...