shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Life Expectancy?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/23/2014 9:13:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
columbusbobby23
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 28
  • Reviews 17
  • Kudos9
+1 details
Life Expectancy?
I have the iClear 30s on order along with a 5 pack of extra coils and the iTaste MVP. I was wondering how long I can expect these to last me per coil?

Also, I'm fairly new to vaping and have only ever used a couple of the CE4's(Junk in my opinion) on a 900mah ego battary. How much of a difference is there going to be between ego/CE4 and MVP/iClear 30/30s?

columbusbobby23 marked this question as answered on 1/24/2014 at 1:14 AM
Answer
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31532
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos62328
columbusbobby23

You should be fine with the 100 ml until FT gets back from Holiday So no worries just order it later.

If you try now it probably won't go out before the Chinese new year. Yup your right it does go to 11 watts i was reading the old version details I guess. =/

I vape about 3 to 4ml a day when I use my Vivi Nova at 2.0ohms (single coil) and 6 watts. The VTR or Vamo and the iClear 30s I vape at 10watts and occasionally up it to 15watts for bit more flavor and vaper but use 5 to 6ml a day with it. So it almost doubled my use of juice.=/

But it is a big step up from a EGO as I said. =D

I would keep it in the 2ohm range with the iClears as it is dual coils so basically a dual coil 2 ohm atty = 2 x 4 ohm coils. So with the 30s no need to go higher as your MVP will only put out 11watts max. You would need a full 15watts if you go to high in ohms.

Edited on 1/24/2014 at 12:49 AM. Reason:
https://i.imgur.com/OSS6yni.jpg
#2 (permalink)      1/23/2014 9:41:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31532
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos62328
+3 details
There will be a huge difference in flavor/vapor compared to a ego/ce4 much better on the mvp/30s.

I use mine on a VTR and a Vamo V3 and it doesn't work to well on a standard EGO (not enough power)

Best used on a VV/VW mod

Much better vape and flavor.

The draw back it is dual coil and you will go threw juice much quicker.

As for longevity with the proper cleaning and dry burning some say they get a few months from one coil and I saw one said 7 months but they also said thy were using 4 in rotation. I can't confirm that yet as I just received mine a few days ago.

MVP is just VV so you need to use it at 4.2 volts and above as I just tried it at that setting on my Vamo 5 volts taste even better ;)

Me myself I have VV/VW and use it at 10 watts or higher and in Volts mode 6 volts for huge clouds and taste ;)

They don't have a video yet to clean the iClear 30s yet but this video for the iClear 30 will work just fine.

Never buy another atomizer again Clean iClear ecig

Quouted from text under the video:

" Published on Jul 25, 2013

How to clean the iClear ecigarette atomizer. I have about 4 of these that I cycle on a weekly basis. I've been using the same atomizers since 4 for 7 months (I said 4 in the video.)"

So the iClear 30s should last as long as iClear 30.

Since the iClear 30s has a metal tube you will have to let them dry overnight since it will be hard to dry wicks with a paper towel.

Hope this helps ;)

Edited on 1/23/2014 at 10:31 PM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      1/23/2014 11:58:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
columbusbobby23
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 28
  • Reviews 17
  • Kudos9
+2 details
Thank you for the fast and helpful response viking65.
I'm actually getting the iTaste MVP 2.0(Hopefully). From the FT product page it says they started shipping the version 2 as of 8/30. Says it only goes up to 5 volts/11 Watts, But from what I have read most vaper's tend to vape within that range. Some say it's also limited by it's amperage as well,But in my case that won't be a problem because I don't really see myself getting out of the 2-3 ohm range. But based on what you have told me it will be a huge step forward for me. Your post does make me wonder if I should order more than the 100ml of juice I already have coming. Based on FT's long shipping times I'm thinking I should probably order another 100ml as soon as my first order arrives. Is that about right for a moderate-to-heavy vaper? Prices at the local tobacco store here in Ohio are about $9.50 per 10ml, Really hate paying that much compared to FT's prices.
#4 (permalink)      1/24/2014 12:21:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
PinoyBoy
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 1968
  • Reviews 114
  • Kudos2462
+3 details
Damn, $10 for 10ml? I'd expect that at a mall kiosk stand, but most local stores shouldn't be gouging that much. My local cig and head shops charge $10 for 20-30ml. Depending on your usage, 100ml can last a month and a half, or only a few weeks. I go through 1-2ml per day, but used to smoke about 2 packs a week at the most. One thing I noticed with some PAD smokers is that they just have to finish the whole pack that day, weather or not it satisfies them. It seems smoking has become a chore for some people. Put the ecig down once you feel you have satisfied your cravings.

Check out this thread and this other thread, to get an idea how much others vape a day.
https://www.fasttech.com/category/1/new-products
#5 (permalink)      1/24/2014 12:28:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SFGirl
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 478
  • Reviews 97
  • Kudos495
+3 details
That's one of my favorite areas to view on ECF -- the polls. Nicotine levels, age groups are also really interesting.
#6 (permalink)      1/24/2014 12:44:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31532
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos62328
+2 details
columbusbobby23

You should be fine with the 100 ml until FT gets back from Holiday So no worries just order it later.

If you try now it probably won't go out before the Chinese new year. Yup your right it does go to 11 watts i was reading the old version details I guess. =/

I vape about 3 to 4ml a day when I use my Vivi Nova at 2.0ohms (single coil) and 6 watts. The VTR or Vamo and the iClear 30s I vape at 10watts and occasionally up it to 15watts for bit more flavor and vaper but use 5 to 6ml a day with it. So it almost doubled my use of juice.=/

But it is a big step up from a EGO as I said. =D

I would keep it in the 2ohm range with the iClears as it is dual coils so basically a dual coil 2 ohm atty = 2 x 4 ohm coils. So with the 30s no need to go higher as your MVP will only put out 11watts max. You would need a full 15watts if you go to high in ohms.

Edited on 1/24/2014 at 12:49 AM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      4/3/2014 9:46:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Winchy
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 17
  • Kudos2
+1 details
look here to find out how to clean these easy
~VIDEO HOW TO CLEAN iClear 30s
#8 (permalink)      4/3/2014 3:21:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
columbusbobby23
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 28
  • Reviews 17
  • Kudos9
Thanks for the reply. You have a cool accent. It reminds me of that guy on the Doctor who episode(Love & Monsters). The one about the group of people getting together to talk about the doctor(Fan Club).
By the way you might want to turn up the gain on your mic.
#9 (permalink)      6/12/2014 6:46:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
River_Lizard
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 221
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos104
FYI on cleaning the 30s, When you are pulling the rubber cap off the top, first make sure the coil has been sitting in liquid (water or juice) or you could pull one of the wicks out. They tend to get stuck on the rubber cap if the wicks are dry from non-use. So I'd recommend soaking them first before attempting to pull the cap off and even then I'd slowly pull it off and try to look under it to so if the wick is stuck to the bottom of the cap.
Coils seem to clean up better if you rotate them out sooner than when they start tasting burnt.
#10 (permalink)      10/1/2014 4:57:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Macro
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 219
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos91
viking65 wrote:

There will be a huge difference in flavor/vapor compared to a ego/ce4 much better on the mvp/30s.I use mine on a VTR and a Vamo V3 )

i just came here looking for information on juice and how fast these i30's chew through it, i thought maybe i was liking my new VTR and Iclear30's too much but it seems its just what these do.

i am running on my VTR with the stock coil at 7w and its producing heaps of vapor. well enough for me and about 10x my carto tank which iv had for years.

very very happy with mine. and its one of the only clearo type tanks iv ever seen work on my VG e-liquid. so really stunned

but yes iv noticed i need to fill this tank twice per day as where normally i would use 3-4ml per day in my carto tank. this roughly double that

Macro

Edited on 10/1/2014 at 4:57 AM. Reason: