shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Up to 13.5 Watts???
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      5/20/2015 9:13:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
empiric
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 8376
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos2152
+1 details
The answer I assume will be due to ohms will control that BUT then it causes me to question again, that a 1.5 coil, for example, doesnt mean that my VW will automatically fire at one wattage or another so this is whats stumping me about them.

Yes, "ohms will control". The 1.5 coil doesn't mean your VW will automatically fire at one wattage or another, but with a mech it does. Your VW can adjust the voltage and thereby the current wattage, but for your mech the voltage is whatever the battery is currently outputting. That would be a range starting around 4.2 volts with a fresh battery and slowly dropping until the battery's cutoff voltage.

If it helps to picture it, adjust your VW until the voltage reads about 4.0 for the particular atty/coil you are using. Your watts readout at that point will be about the watts your mech will be "running at".

Edited on 5/20/2015 at 9:15 PM. Reason:
~ Whence do you come, slayer of men, or where are you going, conqueror of space?
#12 (permalink)      5/20/2015 10:30:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
+1 details
empiric wrote:

The answer I assume will be due to ohms will control that BUT then it causes me to question again, that a 1.5 coil, for example, doesnt mean that my VW will automatically fire at one wattage or another so this is whats stumping me about them.Yes, "ohms will control". The 1.5 coil doesn't mean your VW will automatically fire at one wattage or another, but with a mech it does. Your VW can adjust the voltage and thereby the current wattage, but for your mech the voltage is whatever the battery is currently outputting. That would be a range starting around 4.2 volts with a fresh battery and slowly dropping until the battery's cutoff voltage.If it helps to picture it, adjust your VW until the voltage reads about 4.0 for the particular atty/coil you are using. Your watts readout at that point will be about the watts your mech will be "running at".

Perfect!!
Now I finally understand!
Thats what I was missing, that the Mech Mod would automatically fire at the right wattage due to the ohms.

Thanks, have been meaning to get that answered for a while, and now it has been so thanks again!

(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)