shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Up to 13.5 Watts???
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/23/2015 10:36:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gmarco
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Up to 13.5 Watts???
I bought 4 and they all seem to say 13.5 max on the dial? But product description and pics say 12 watts. Just wondering because 1.5 watts could be a difference for someone's vaping needs. Anybody else seeing this?

Edited on 3/23/2015 at 10:37 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      3/23/2015 10:57:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Opikanoba
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 111
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos56
Interesting!
I have a few and they all say 5-12.
Makes me curious if yours indeed have a higher max wattage or just an error with the numbering machine.
#3 (permalink)      3/23/2015 11:28:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gmarco
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Interesting indeed. Unfortunately, I don't have any technical equipment to properly and accurately test it's output. Only thing I tried is used the same atty (1.6 ohms)...

1. ss nemesis with the kick set at max
2. istick 50w set at 12w
3. istick 50w set at 13.5w

Now I know its not an accurate comparison, not even close, and I was just trying to see if i notice any difference. It looks like 1 & 2 is more similar than 1 & 3. Oh well, i guess i will never know. But still curious if anyone else got the same ones i got.
#4 (permalink)      3/23/2015 12:11:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChummyBoy
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 1827
  • Reviews 164
  • Kudos1314
My newer one (bought a couple of months ago) says 13.5 and my year old one says 12. I guess the new batches go up to 13.5.
Just looked at my orders and the newer one bought was the 5-15watt version...if you look at its pics the numbers say 5-10??? go figure?

Edited on 3/23/2015 at 12:16 PM. Reason:
Live, love and be happy.
#5 (permalink)      5/17/2015 10:23:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hooxy
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 1186
  • Reviews 84
  • Kudos1520
I have 13.5 on mine as well purchased May 9, 2015
The names Hoxxy (Typo when registering grrrr), I gave up smoking by vaping, 1yr later I was 0 nic, and now I don't even vape.
#6 (permalink)      5/19/2015 10:25:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
Ive never bought a kick.
But wouldnt this piece be better suited for today or am i wrong and its all together not the same type of piece?

SKU 2010100

DOVPO Safe Link for Mechanical Mod and Atomizer

Show the electric quantity while power on, and show the resistance in the first second, then show the output voltage and full power output, backlight scintillation 10 times when it works over 10s, then need to restart
Short circuit protection: Show F2 and the backlight scintillation 10 times when short out, need to restart
Resistance range: 0.3-9.8ohm
Input voltage:3.0V-4.5V
It will show 9.9ohm when no atomizer on it
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#7 (permalink)      5/19/2015 10:42:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
empiric
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 8376
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos2152
+1 details
It's not the same type or function as a kick. The DOVPO doesn't let you change anything about the battery output, it just shows you what it is, and offers some mishap protection. As well as broadly knowing how much of your mech mod's battery life is left based on current voltage.

Frankly, though, nowadays up to 13.5 watts is rather limiting. Personally, it makes more sense to me to have mechanical(s) for their advantages, and also have VV/VW(s) for a much broader range of wattage settings than this.

Edited on 5/19/2015 at 10:45 PM. Reason:
~ Whence do you come, slayer of men, or where are you going, conqueror of space?
#8 (permalink)      5/19/2015 10:43:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Maui_Dave
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 3603
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos4100
+1 details
ShelaghStone wrote:

Ive never bought a kick.
But wouldnt this piece be better suited for today or am i wrong and its all together not the same type of piece?

SKU 2010100

DOVPO Safe Link for Mechanical Mod and Atomizer

Show the electric quantity while power on, and show the resistance in the first second, then show the output voltage and full power output, backlight scintillation 10 times when it works over 10s, then need to restart
Short circuit protection: Show F2 and the backlight scintillation 10 times when short out, need to restart
Resistance range: 0.3-9.8ohm
Input voltage:3.0V-4.5V
It will show 9.9ohm when no atomizer on it

A kick will regulate voltage or watts, this item just reads what is being produced.

Flashlights: I put in a battery and press the button, if I can see again they work. If not I replace the battery. If that doesn't work I strip it down and turn it into a vape mod and get a new light.
#9 (permalink)      5/19/2015 10:50:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18261
+1 details
That said, the Dovpo safe link is a very nifty little in line meter, despite having only a two digit display.

One thing that should be remembered with kicks is the sheer variance between units - even kicks from the same manufacturer can have minimum resistances varying multiple tenths of an ohm. I have two identical ones, and whilst one will fire down to one ohm, the other won't touch anything above 1.3.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#10 (permalink)      5/20/2015 8:47:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
Interesting.

Ok so one last question as I assumed that that link to the DOVPO would have been the answer and I see now i am wrong in at least it being the same as a kick although it offers other good points.

When I use a VW even with a safe coil such as a 1.0-1.5 I still find that my wattage wil vary whether its an enjoyable Vape or not, so the missing link for me using mechanical mods, never having used them is this......since you dont know where you are wattage wise what is preventing you from being, "technically" at 8watts or 25watts?
The answer I assume will be due to ohms will control that BUT then it causes me to question again, that a 1.5 coil, for example, doesnt mean that my VW will automatically fire at one wattage or another so this is whats stumping me about them.
So I know I am likely overlooking somethign very simple but am not sure what it is.

Can I get an answer that will put to bed my thoughts on this issue in particular please? :)

Thanks

Edited on 5/20/2015 at 8:48 PM. Reason:
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#11 (permalink)      5/20/2015 9:13:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
empiric
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 8376
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos2152
+1 details
The answer I assume will be due to ohms will control that BUT then it causes me to question again, that a 1.5 coil, for example, doesnt mean that my VW will automatically fire at one wattage or another so this is whats stumping me about them.

Yes, "ohms will control". The 1.5 coil doesn't mean your VW will automatically fire at one wattage or another, but with a mech it does. Your VW can adjust the voltage and thereby the current wattage, but for your mech the voltage is whatever the battery is currently outputting. That would be a range starting around 4.2 volts with a fresh battery and slowly dropping until the battery's cutoff voltage.

If it helps to picture it, adjust your VW until the voltage reads about 4.0 for the particular atty/coil you are using. Your watts readout at that point will be about the watts your mech will be "running at".

Edited on 5/20/2015 at 9:15 PM. Reason:
~ Whence do you come, slayer of men, or where are you going, conqueror of space?