shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Parallel batteries ?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      11/13/2014 8:21:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JPBel
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3620
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos1955
+2 details
The kick will work with parallel batteries, not sure if it can in serie.

@Roby1959
The problem in parallel is that the charge terminate as soon as the lowest capacity battery is full charge, the others will never reach full charge.
Batteries capacity must be the same for all batteries, same for the age of the batteries, lithium batteries lose capacity when aging.

More often than other, when one battery start to fail, it slowly drain the other(s).
But if one of them was to fail in full short circuit mode and the others were full charge, a problem i never heard of, things could get very ugly.

It also take more time to charge, for safety reason.
The charging rate should not be more than 1C of 1 battery's capacity as it could be dangerous if 1 or more batteries were to fail in open circuit mode.

The advantage is that you will get more output current.

The problem in serie is that it need a charge balancer otherwise some battery(ies) could over charge.
It is dangerous to charge lithium batteries in serie without one.

Also, the output current will be lower than what a single cell can provide, the resistance of the batteries add up.
If one battery fail in short circuit mode it is still safe.

Edited on 11/13/2014 at 8:29 PM. Reason:
#12 (permalink)      11/13/2014 8:24:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 24861
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos19755
+3 details
Bomb? More than likely not with the IMR's. A short would be twice as spectacular as it will draw energy from both cells. It looks sharp and would run for days for my vape. If you are like many of us who build you have started something that won't end with just one build! Building is much more satisfying than buying. Good Job.

I think Roby1959 was telling you to use matched batteries. I'm sure you have done the homework long before you got this far. Enjoy.

Edited on 11/13/2014 at 8:26 PM. Reason:
Heaven has a wall and strict immigration policies. Hell has open borders.
#13 (permalink)      11/13/2014 8:33:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nailseayts
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 10798
  • Reviews 502
  • Kudos13575
+1 details
The bats are SKU 1716003 and im not sure if they are fake mnke? I did short it out while making the box, but the bats were ice cold and the spring in the holder was damn hot! Ive used them down to .25 ohms in a mech without any heating issues, so i guess there ok
Always go full potato!
#14 (permalink)      11/13/2014 8:36:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27277
Vapor wrote:

Bomb? More than likely not with the IMR's. A short would be twice as spectacular as it will draw energy from both cells. It looks sharp and would run for days for my vape. If you are like many of us who build you have started something that won't end with just one build! Building is much more satisfying than buying. Good Job. I think Roby1959 was telling you to use matched batteries. I'm sure you have done the homework long before you got this far. Enjoy.

Wow, no PSA safety warning today?

Woah, mama!
#15 (permalink)      11/13/2014 8:36:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nailseayts
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 10798
  • Reviews 502
  • Kudos13575
The switch is rated at 16 amps i think. Does anyone know what amp rating the power cable from my hoover has ??
Always go full potato!
#16 (permalink)      11/13/2014 8:41:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JPBel
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3620
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos1955
Nailseayts wrote:

The switch is rated at 16 amps i think. Does anyone know what amp rating the power cable from my hoover has ??

if you know the gauge of your wires.
http://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm

#17 (permalink)      11/13/2014 8:43:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 24861
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos19755
+1 details
johnny_469 wrote:

Vapor wrote:
Bomb? More than likely not with the IMR's. A short would be twice as spectacular as it will draw energy from both cells. It looks sharp and would run for days for my vape. If you are like many of us who build you have started something that won't end with just one build! Building is much more satisfying than buying. Good Job. I think Roby1959 was telling you to use matched batteries. I'm sure you have done the homework long before you got this far. Enjoy.
Wow, no PSA safety warning today?

He is not asking a battery question. Don't hijack his thread to be a dick.

Heaven has a wall and strict immigration policies. Hell has open borders.
#18 (permalink)      11/13/2014 9:21:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27277
Vapor wrote:

He is not asking a battery question. Don't hijack his thread to be a dick.

Hey, I gave you a kudos ;-) I was praising you not being a dick :-P

Woah, mama!